South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chatter

An early good morning. I woke at three thinking of what I need to do and finally decided to just get at it. I will go to bed early at the hotel in Syracuse tonight.

The water was back on very late in the day so I didn't get my soak in the tub before my meeting. That is going to happen this morning. I need to be outta here at 8:30 to get to my class and then I'm leaving the country.

By the way, the MODs will be checking up on you Beach Babes so no funny business.

Now to finish with the basil crop so I can travel guilt free. It'd be such a shame to waste it after growing it all summer!

Hope you have a happy and humpless Wednesday!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - I'm sure everyone will be perfectly well behaved while the Mods are away
I know you will all have a wonderful time together. Have a good and uneventful flight.

Yesterday was interesting and today will be more so. I will be returning to 40 hours, a very good thing with the holidays and heating season around the corner. However the "team leaders" (funny term in an office of 9 people) will be meeting to talk about task division, jobs, team structure and what makes sense going forward. I actually have a theory and will be interested to see what the boss is thinking. She was good about assuring me that anything added to my plate that "wakes me up at 2 in the morning worrying about the work" should not be on there, so that's helpful. The economy is really forcing us to think restructuring instead of just status quo. Sometimes that's okay as long as services to clients don't suffer in the process.

I'm going to enjoy my leisurely morning and get a walk in. All the stress is giving me excuses to avoid getting strictly back on track and that needs to stop.

Hope the hump is bump free and you are on the downhill slide to the weekend soon!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:33 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Safe travels, Ruth.

Hi, Cyndi. Have a nice walk. It will be interesting to see what your bosses have to say. I have zucchs I would like to make "chips" with. Any insight would be appreciated. I have some stuff to dry into soup mix, other than that it's pretty quiet here.

I'm up trying to establish a new routine in life. I think Rudi's days of sleeping in are over. He was roused out of bed with organic chicken bites and even accompanied me outside. He has tiptoed back to bed, though, which works for me.

We have an open offer to go to Lake Powell. Some friends have a houseboat and go every year. They all have Portugese Water Dogs who love the water. I originally thought, no, but am rethinking my decision this morning...however Kirks DD needs snow tires, and since it snowed in Denver last night, that might be more practical.

I'm actually thinking about pulling my bike out. I have a yoga make up class at the pool this morning and might see if I enjoy riding in the cold. It is one thing I really missed since Lexi got sick since my bike took the back seat to dog walks.

I didn't eat anything not SB yesterday, but went a little wild with a nut mix I had tried the recipe for. Recognized it, and just went to bed. I'll get back on track this morning by making my big salad.

Thanks again, for all your kind wishes. It's never easy, but it sure does pass. Nothing to do but go on with life.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie A bike ride sounds lovely! You might even motivate me to bike in the cooler weather.
To make the zucchini chips I just slice the zuke thick, maybe a 3 or 4 on my mandolin. 4s are thick enough to dip! Then sprinkle with whatever seasoning you like. I've used dill and onion powder, basil and garlic powder, and the Mexican seasoning mix I like on chick peas. Some people use ranch powder or even marinate them first. The only caution is go easy on the salt. They shrink down so can get too salty very easily. If you are in the house and can turn them after 3 or 4 hours you will avoid sticking. This works well with larger zucchini and cukes too Almost any veggie can make a good snack chip if you are so inclined. The dried zucchini are really susceptible to moisture though so I usually vac seal mine in old jars then open one jar at a time. Hope you like them.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Betcha all thought I was sleeping in, didn't you. I turned on my computer and was forced to install a bunch of updates that took forever.

Good morning!

Ruth, I have my washer and dryer going now so Jake will have clean clothes while I'm away and I'm fixing him an especially nice supper for tonight. God forbid the man will starve to death, LOL! I have my bags all packed except for throwing in a few last minute toiletries. Have a safe drive to Syracuse, and I'll see you tomorrow afternoon!

Cyndi, I'm happy that you're getting your 40 hours back, and hope the new restructuring isn't too stressful! BTW, I got my new spiral-slicer yesterday and can't wait to use it. I never did find my old one.

Debbie, snow in Denver already????! Wow! I know it won't be long before you get settled in your new routine, and here is another hug for you.

As soon as the laundry is done, I'm out of here. I'm trying to get an entire week's work accomplished in 3 days, but, actually, there's not a whole lot to do. Just enough to keep me occupied and make the day go by faster. This time tomorrow I'll be about to board my plane!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm running a little late this morning. Work is very crazy. Two forensic interviews yesterday. They take a lot of time. I ended up staying late last night to get the stuff on my desk done. Today will not be a bit easier. Job security.

Ruth and Cottage, You guys have a safe trip. Have too much fun!

Debbie, A bike ride sounds great, although I haven't been on one in ages -- probably elementary school!

Cyndi, What does your company do?

I'm off to start the day. I love Wednesdays. No Jazzercise. No Football. Just come home to be with the family. My favorite!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
I love Wednesdays. No Jazzercise. No Football. Just come home to be with the family. My favorite!
Chelby, I didn't know why-now I know. Have a great day.

Cottage, I did wonder if you were sleeping in? Have a great day.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth have a safe journey today.

Cyndi enjoy your walk and hopefully the restructure will work out fine.

Debbie time does heal all things but its nice to receive . A bike ride sounds lovely.

Cottage I know you must be getting excited the day before I leave that is all I can think about. Have a safe journey as well.

As for me- DS was kidnapped for breakfast with the all of the homecoming court. Tonite is the parade and then boys playing volleyball and girls doing powderpuff football. DS is doing volleybally and DD1 is play powderpuff football. I made the chilli and it is ready to be delivered today. Now I just have to get off work hehe. Still staying op and getting my workouts in. Debbie I am hoping that we hit onderland this week.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Pearlrose. Me, too. I need more exercise. Enjoy all the kids' festivities!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #10  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone!

No work today so I slept in. It was very nice. Probably the best night sleep I've had in weeks. My guess is the reason it was such a good night sleep is because I actually DID work yesterday which is out of my normal routine since I don't have a full time job. I was exhausted when I got home! But in a good way.

I suppose the day will be filled with running errands and looking for a full time job so I'm enjoying my morning coffee and chillaxin.

I'm getting really antsy to start SB.. the only thing holding me back is the cash, which comes in today.. and the fact that Oktoberfest starts this weekend. I'd like to have some drinks. So Monday is my start.

I could keep jabbering... I'm good at that I'm happy to be here and really looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #11  

I was so thrilled yesterday to see the FedEx truck show up with my repaired laptop. I had fun on Facebook last night although I was good and went to the gym as I had planned. I really was hoping to work from home today but my cable modem decided not to work properly so I had to change to work clothes and rush into the office. I'll call the cable company tonight if it's having trouble when I get home.

I picked up a half turkey breast at the store and plan on cooking it in the pressure cooking and making stewed turkey with whole wheat egg noodles (made with fat free evaporated milk) for dinner tonight. It's feeling chilly and that just sounded good.

I found out Brian has been eating breakfast at school about half the time after eating Cheerios at home so I fixed him scrambled eggs and toast this morning to see if that sticks with him more. I guess after the hour long bus ride he was getting hungry but most of what they have isn't healthy. What do most of you guys feed your kids for breakfast? If he eats at home he has to eat by 6:30AM and then doesn't have lunch until around noon.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Barb, Auston eats yogurt or cereal for breakfast, but his lunch is at 10:30. I would hate lunch at 10:30. They have a snack around 1:00.

Pearl, Sounds like your kids have a lot of fun.

Gothik, Good for you for planning your start date. You are preparing yourself for success!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #13  
sophie

Ruth, Cottage, and Laurie, have fun and I know it will all be SB friendly.

CyndiM - So many changes for you but you will come thru. Thanks for the zucchini recipe, I was wondering how thick they should be.

Debbie - wahoo, one more lb. to go to onderland. You are doing so great and its nice that there is another doggie in your life.

Chelby - enjoy your Wednesday.

Pearlrose - enjoy your activities with the kids, time flies. I have fond memories of my driving everyone around.

Barb - Brian has very long days doesn't he. Maybe he can have string cheese or something for a snack.

Butterfly - planning is important, you are getting a good start.

I went grocery shopping today and stocked up on fish. I seem so much better when I don't eat red meat but will never convince DH to give up meat. Also, sent a package to my daughter's friend who have her $100,000. baby (inverto) and he's a lovely healthy boy.
take care
Sophie
probably will be missing till Monday because we might be going up north tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:32 AM   #14  

You guys are so lucky to have time to post in the AM. I actually tried to day but I have to be out the door by 7:15a to make it to the gig I contracted.

Oh well...better late than never.

Looks like all is well here on the Beach. I'm doing well. I haven't weighed-in for a few days because I don't have time. I know I'm still losing weight and inches. Lovin' every second of it.

Staying on plan no matter what. I have done well and refuse to go back now. I also have a few trips coming up in 2010 and I want to be healthy and ready to go by then.

Anyway....keep up the good work guys!
Closed Thread