Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Salsa

For most of my life, I've hated grocery store Salsa. It has a 'taste' about it - I guess it is the preservatives. I had one brand that I liked, but became impossible to find several years ago. And now over the past week I found two that I really like. Triggers Pineapple Salsa (regional, but slowly working it's way across the country) and Herdez Salsa Verde. Oh my gosh, I can't get enough of them! The Triggers is very thick, so it's good on a baked potato. The Herdez is very thin (plus an incredible salty-tangy flavor), so I poured it all over tofu and veggie fajitas that we had the other night.

What do you like to do with your salsa?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #2  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I like salsa on scrambled eggs and nachos and mexican food of course.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

If I make my own salsa (i usually do a mango salsa) then I put that over a salad and use that as my dressing. No oil, sweet and spicy.

Store bought I like that with crackers or chips, or I dip veggies into it. I especially like the Desert Pepper Trading Co. salsas, but anything with a bit of a sweet flavor I like.

Salsa with hummus and baked chips...that is like a junk food for me lol. I also do lettuce tacos with raw food walnut meat, a few veggies in there tossed in, and salsa. Very good.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #4  
Graceful Loser

Mmm, salsa! I always have to order it at our local Mexican restaraunt. They usually bring a customary appetizer of goat cheese dip for everyone at the table. I'm always the loser who asks for the salsa! Haha .. it's probably the best stuff ever, though, so I don't feel cheated.

My friends went to Taco Bell recently, and I ordered a taco off the Fresco line .. it had salsa instead of cheese, and was pretty good.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #5  

I love mine with rice...yummy.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #6  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I taught my 3 grade 10 foods classes how to make salsa today, it was quite the sight...lol
I am going to store the jars away for a while and then they can make oven baked taco chips (large tortillas cut up) to scoop it and eat it up.
Simple but very tasty!
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote