Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #1  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Weight Loss Buddies IV

Well, we are past our 500 posts again, so here's the new one! I will post more later.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning, chickies! Slept for a gazillion hours last night - isn't that the best? I swear - at least 10 hrs! I woke up a lot which is always a bit disorienting. When I used to travel internationally a lot, I used to wake up and stare at the ceiling for a while, trying to remember which country I was in as consciousness set in - at least now I just worry about which city/state... Had oatmeal for breakfast and am going to catch up on emails then head down to the gym for a run before my meetings start. Still pms-ing, so annoying - and that's probably why I'm having a harder time than usual sticking to plan. I've looked up all of the restaurants around and am planning on panera soup for lunch and boston market chicken for dinner which will leave me more time to get work done. I'm blithering on about it here to make sure I stick to it

Staccie - sorry to hear about the all-nighter - that doesn't sound fun at all. Hope it was productive though and that you can get up for your workout. I'm betting you'll get some killer results come Sunday!

Maddiesmom - thanks for getting us organized with another thread! Boy, we zoomed through the last 500 messages in record time. How are you doing staying on track?

mygrits - I think you've made a wonderful choice of job. As a cubicle filler who sits most of the day when I'm not traveling, I think it would be much much healthier to be active and moving around during the day. My mom is super active and she's still the same weight she was in college. And I love that your choice reflects your commitment to being healthy. Just watch out for those smoothies though - even if they're all natural, they can still pack a major calorie wallop (sp?)! What shoes do you wear to work? If you can wear a really supportive athletic shoe with an added cushioning insole, I'd definitely recommend it. None of those florida-casual flipflops Neesy could probably give you some good advice as nurses probably know all of the tricks.

lindy - did you get in your run after your calorie-challenged start to the day? What are you thinking about Mr. 16 lately? Isn't it interesting how focusing on self-improvement gives you some insulation when it comes to men? At least, that's how I feel - working on myself really helped me weather some of the storms in a positive way when my bf was particularly moody in May.

burgundy - I love that you're doing 30ds with your sis long distance - it's great that you can share an experience even when you're far away. When will you see your family? I can't remember - is it over the holidays? If so, you've totally got those 14lbs in the bag - especially if you step up the exercise like you've been doing! Running COMBINED with 30ds should be an awesome combo - skinny and toned! Hope that additional sun comes on Sunday - isn't it funny how motivating it is to add symbols to your ticker? I can't wait to lose one more pound and get another carrot!

Later, all - off to get in my workout...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #3  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Well ladies, I think I'm back. I've been doing better eating wise, I've stuck to the Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice meals, etc for dinner just so I don't overindulge. Lunches have been better as well, had a soup/salad combo down in the cafe yesterday.

I've been going to the gym. I went Sunday night, took Monday off, and went back last night. I was on the treadmill and decided I would see if I could jog for a period of time without my knee hurting and without dying! LOL Turns out, I jogged a 1/2 mile no problem. Last night was my strength training workout, so I did that as a warmup. Then it was rowing 500 meters, then hit the weights for upper body and abs. I'm going back tonight to do a little lower body workout and more cardio. Then I have Thursday off, and working with the trainer on Friday. So, hopefully the scale will go down this weekend. If not, it's my own fault for eating more than usual.

Still debating on the WW at work. I found that since I had to weigh in, it was easier to say no to food, because I had someone right in front of my face weighing me. Now, it's not the case. I don't know if that's why I'm psychologically sabotaging myself last weekend? Regardless, I'm back on track and ready to do this! Onederland here I come!!

How is everyone else doing? I think I got everyone from the old thread (including Hotsplashes, Tiff, and Basics). 500 posts sure went by fast!!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Morning girls;

Maddiesmom- thanks for starting a new thread! I kept telling myself to do it, then would get side tracked. Anyway, about your WW thing, I honestly think you can do it without having to go to the meetings. If you want me to be your personal accountability couach (not just general banter, but ask you forthright), I will definately do it and I wont charge a fee, haha!

Stacie- man, when you tell me what you eat some days, it makes me salivate, sounds like a delicious day! Sorry to hear your nursing a hangover. So, the gym...how did that go over? What time did you end up getting to bed?

Mygrits- glad to see your back on the wagon and were able to log on to the forum. Its always hard starting a new job, so the fact that your staying on track is awesome! We can get you to your goal. I consider you so lucky to work in a health foods store, do you get a discount at all? I know if you work at like Publix or whatever, you dont, but I wasnt sure if it was that same for you. Eating healthy can be expensive at times, so that would be awesome if you did. Hey...how is Bubba been? Did he lose anymore weight but switching it up with his healthy alternatives?

Burgundy- so have you and your sister agreed to hold each other accountable for 30ds? What does she think of the DVD? 13-14 pounds is no sweat-look how far you've come thus far. Lets tighten up on the eating, your exercise routine seems on point!

Dance- I wish I could travel as much as you. Ok, you are going to think I am SUCH A DORK but there is something so hot about guys with a Boston accent. Even if the guy is ugly, haha---its so attractive to me. For some of my GF, they feel this way about like british accents, for me...no, its Boston all the way. Care to bring me back a Boston boy? lol. Yeah, I feel good being independent. Nothing much is going on with 16, he has no potential but Im not going to be rude and completely cut all ties, so Im just going with the paces. I am at nearly half of my goal, so once I get within a 20 pound range, maybe Ill focus on dating, Im in no rush though. Then again---if I stumble on something in the mean time, ya never know.

I wish I could say my eating got better yesterday but it didnt. On a positive note, I weighed myself this morning and am still maintaing from last week. After my horrible morning, I went on to eat sushi, a turkey sandwich with provolone cheese on pumpernickel bread, another pepsi, a candy bar, and some fish...grrrr, it was bad. Anyway, I did get a 3 mile run in though and I woke up feeling great knowing I didnt gain weight from it (at least not yet, lol). Today is a new day and I have my eye on the prize.

Ok girls, have to get some work done, Ill check in later. Good luck today!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #5  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies,

I apologize in advance if I am negative and not as happy today - I am feeling kind of sick lightheaded and stuff. Yesterday to left work and had a long nap and then worked until 230AM - I didn't get up to work out this morning But I am making myself go tonight - I definitely don't want to fall out of that routine. I am so not drinking anymore for a long time, it's not worth this!!! I'm on day three and still suffering the after effects! But on a positive note, my eating is still exceptional. Today during our meeting there were my favorite chocolates and I never ate them - amazing that I am - officially as tomorrow - 2 weeks clean. This is the best I have ever done.

Dance - awesome about your sleep - you obviously needed it! And like I said before so impressed that you are taking time out to find the right things to eat. So easy to fall off track when travelling. And working out too - you rock!

Vicky - about getting back on track so quick - you are such a motivator!! Your workouts, the eating all of it...amazing!

Lindy - well your eye is on the prize and that's what counts. In your note to Dance you talked about dating when you lose another 20 pounds...can you imagine how much more confidence you are going to have - you will be dating up a storm - people already want to be around you, with even more self confidence they are going to be lining up. Just from what I read on here you are a leader...and people want to be around that. I am glad that you are not settling...because you are going to have plenty of choices!!! And it's going to feel great. I get harassed all the time about dating - a) I don't feel confident enough to, b) I am way too busy trying to balance my workouts/eating and my worklife - throw a boyfriend in there and it will all go to ****...the off booty call though is always a good thing lol.

Well I am in a better mood already by just chatting to you all on here. I always feel so motivated after coming on here. I never would of thought I could find that - I can be myself and not worry about anything.

Back to my lunch - today I am having chicken and rice - kind of boring but because I am not feeling well it's good for my tummy. I think it's just lack of sleep but I have a doctor appointment today anyway so I will bring it up again.

Talk to you all later beautiful chickas!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See signature

Ok, Stacie - so let me tell you a little story about me, maybe that will make you feel a little better. I hardly ever drink, so back in January (while me and my husband were still together), my GF took me out for drinks. So they make an announcement over the speaker system that its my bday and the drinks start flowing, I mean...it was like martini city, lol. So naturally, we felt obligated to drink them ALL. The next day was my cousins wedding, which I was scheduled to do the brides hair and makeup. Oh dear....

I got home by 1130, woke up at 3 am and the room is spinning, literally I felt like I was on the tilt a whirl at a theme park, lol. So I stand up to start heading to the room, my husband wakes up to ask if Im ok, yes...of course I am (riiiiggghhhhttt). Well, apparantly the door to the bathroom was about 10 ft. farther then what I recollect, then I started walking, I walked at a left tilt, right into my dresser, lol. I can laugh now, at the time---not so much. Anyway, after that snafu, followed by a day of mild buzz (poor bride, her car eyes, looked more Elviraish than kittyish, lol), then a night of pure well, um...you know, regurgetation, lol...I decided that was the last time I got that wasted. So---that being said, I hope your day gets better. Good job on the chocolate front. I for one am SO INCREDIBLY PROUD OF YOU! You are doing amazing this time around, cant wait to see you get into your skinny girl outfit!

Not too much to report on my end. I have been having some horrible cravings for Pepsi lately, I dont know what the heck is up with that, I did so well for months with not liking or wanting it, but...I just have to stay focused. They say having a can of pop is worst than a candy bar...grrr, go figure. Ok, well...I have a busy afternoon ahead of me, so no run tonight. Gabriella has a dentist appt. at 515, soccer at 545-7, then she'll have to take her bath, then hw, then bed, fun...fun. Haha.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #7  

Hey girls - another check in from Boston. Doing well on food so far - I have a weird fascination with the french onion soup at panera (minus the odd tasting crouton, that is). Anyone else addicted?

Lindy - the Boston guys are ALL yours, that's for sure. Oddly, it's an accent that I don't find attractive at all. Much prefer a British accent, or even a Brooklyn one Different strokes and all that, right? So glad we don't all want the exact same ones, what a mess that would be... So how's the pepsi situation going? Do you like diet at all? I started drinking diet in high school and now sugar sodas really taste awful - it's not the taste so much as the sugar feeling on my teeth. Anyway - just curious if you could fend off the craving with a diet pepsi.

staccie - for two clean weeks in a row! That's great! Hope the lightheadedness passes - I hate that feeling.

maddiesmom - big giant woohoo on the half mile run! Girl, you'll be addicted before you know it!! Isn't it cool to see the new things your body can do as you get lighter?

I did a little shopping while out here as they have more business-y suit options than in super casual Denver and it's so great to be able to be picky and not just buy stuff because it sort of fits and covers me up. Three new jackets to combine with my three new pairs of pants from the Limited. That should get me through till around Christmas time if I'm judging the sizes right.

My poor bf has the flu this week - it sucks not to be home to bring him chicken soup and stuff. Will have to make it up to him this weekend.

Hope everyone's doing well...
Old 09-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Dance- I'm badly addicted to french onion soup. It's my nemesis. It's been a while... ok I have to stop thinking about it. haha

Lindy- That is one thing I cannot give up.. yet. I need my diet coke. That is my one thing I let myself have. I feel like I'm good with everything else. Eventually I will try to wean myself off of it. But.. Oh it's so good.

So.. I went out to lunch with my dad today. I got a grilled chicken salad with fat free ranch and no cheese! I'm so proud! Oh. by the way.. My dad has lost almost 150lbs so far since he had the lap band in february. It's crazy! So.. we talk about weight loss and how much we're losing. The first thing he said when he saw me.. William is gonna freak out when he sees you. That made me feel really good. Oh and BIG NEWS! I got some knee high boots from DSW!!!!!! YAY! I actually found some that would fit my calves! This is a first ever girls. WOW it feels good to finally be able to wear something I want.. instead of just wearing something because it fits. YAY!

TTYL!

Maddiesmom-Thanks for starting a new thread. We're a talkative bunch. I'm glad=)

Last edited by Neesy_20; 09-23-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #9  

Neesy - that's one heck of an NSV! woohoo for sexy boots! Have you guys seen the movie "sexy boots", btw? Kind of funny and sweet...
Old 09-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance-sometimes you just need to sleep. Sounds like you had a good time shopping. I am waiting to buy new clothes, but a lot of mine that were too small are fitting now. i will see my family around christmas, so I am excited to lose as much as possible by then.

Maddiesmom-good to hear you are back on track. Yay for your half mile jog. I am gonna do for a walk/run with the dogs later. We can keep you accountable if you dont want to keep going with WW, maybe take Lindy up on her offer.

Lindy-yes we are keeping each other accountable with 30ds. Everyday when we finish it we text to let each other know. Damn pepsi, I switched to diet too and you get used to it.

Staccie-2 weeks is a long time to be on track, keep going, you are doing great.

Neesy-that is great you found your boots. You should put some before and after pics up of your dad. Thats crazy, 150!!!

Ok I have been wanting a doctors scale. So I went to a thrift store today and they had one. The only thing is, it is weighing me 5 lbs less. Neesy, do you know if they are more accurate ?? or should I just keep weighing on my digital one. It was only 8 bucks so I am not out a lot of money. I have to get off here and do 30ds. We were out and about early today so didnt get it in earlier. My sister already texted that she did it today before she went to work.

I will check in later tonight
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #11  

burgundy - do you have any weight plates or say, a full container of something that you know how much it weighs (like a heavy bag of flour)? You can test the scale against something with a known weight to see if it's skewed. I'm the queen of this since my scale was acting wonky!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I put a 5 lb weight on it and it is accurate. So what would you girls do. If I weigh 207 like the scale says, then my starting weight would be 231. I am unsure of what to go by now. Its just hard to get a read off of it, it has a bubble in the center like a level. I am thinking it may be best to stick with my digital. Comments??

I dont know if anyone remembers, but when I first started this journey in January I was using my dial scale and I thought my starting weight was 230, but then I switched to my digital after I got a battery and it was 236, so I changed my ticker. I was hoping this new scale and my digital would weigh around the same. I think it is an older model, its a health o meter 230pb. I cant find a pic of it online. I will keep looking or take a pic of it later.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 09-23-2009 at 06:21 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #13  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Ladies......

Dance this is Florida to Boston......LOL.....Thank-you for the congratulations and positive thoughts for my work. The smoothies are delicious and what makes me happy is they are made from 'fresh' fruit, not the syrups that most places use (which are loaded with sugar). I usually only have a small, and use it as a meal replacement. They use yogurt, fresh fruit or veggies - depending what you are having. Oh, Panera is one of my favorite places, however be watchful of the sodium in their foods as it can be quite high.

Lindy you sound like you are doing so great with self-confidence with your weightloss, workouts and men........oh the men........LOL. Boston huh? I love the Australian accents - just makes me melt......lol. As far as my work, yes we get 35% off of all supplements, herbs, proteins etc... On the regular organic and natural foods it is 20%. So, that I am enjoying. I have already shopped alittle for lotions, makeup, some supplements for my husband and few other things...LOL. Anyway, it was nice to get a paycheck for a change. It is kindof weird though going from being the owner/boss to an employee, but it will be fine.

Maddiesmom, I am proud of your commitment. I can relate to going back to work, husband looking and just trying to balance life when it changes so quickly. You are doing fantastic - keep it up! What happened to the hunky trainer????? Mr. Hot.

Neesy, gosh congratulations all your success and your Dads. That is just awesome. Isn't it fun and kindof funny with our calves and feet lose weight? LOL.......I bet your boots are adorable and look great on you! I wish I could wear boots all year long - I love them. Unfortunately in Florida it lasts about 3 months.....;-(

Burgund - Neesy would know more than me, but I can tell you my mom owns one and has for years. On her's you can re-adjust the balance if needed too. I trust hers over my digital anyday. Plus my digital really does some weird reading. If I move it to another area of floor in the house, I get a totally different reading........LOL
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #14  

Burgundy - I'm no good at these decisions - that's why I still have my old clunker. Another option might be to have someone else try the scale for you and tell you if it seems right to them. I definitely prefer scales that think I'm thinner rather than heavier though don't we all?

Neesy - forgot to mention earlier re: french onion soup. The one at panera with crouton and cheese is only 250 cal for a full bowl which isn't too bad in my book. Loaded with sodium so I'll be drinking lots of water tonight. Not sure if there's a panera's near you though.

I'm at 1356 cals so far today (which is great compared to my wild and crazy calorie cycling/spiraling lately) and bought a jar of pickles in case I get the salty crunchy PMS cravings. I take the pill back to back so I only have to deal with this every three months or so but what a colossal pain!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #15  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

I am losing it, I forgot to write about my day. Of course being on here I didn't work today.......can you tell? ;-) Anyway today was good, except my husband cooked dinner, and it was delicous but probably somewhat fattening. I only had one helping, so hopefully all will be alright. I was going to exercise until I almost got knocked-out by my dog, so after that I was trying to keep from having a black eye. However, I have one anyway.....LOL...Gosh what will they think at work????? My German Shephard was excited after his bath running in the house, I leaned over to wipe the floor and we butted heads. A 100lb Shephard a full speed running into my head......ouch. So my exercise was out. I am thinking I may try to get up early and go for a walk, then go to work. This is the plan for tomorrow, so hopefully I will do it.

Oh, someone, I think Lindy, asked how my husband was doing. He is fine, somewhat depressed about no work, and has been a little lost with doing his own eating (trying to eat healthy and low sodium), but the last few days have been better. I wish he could find work, as I know he feels he isn't providing and hates that I had to go back to work. He wants to start another business (restaurant), so is working on that some also. Time will tell. Thank you for asking though ;-)

Ok, my work week starts up tomorrow 39 hours in 4 days, so I will try to get on here early in the morning (maybe) and if not at night.

Bye for now.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote