View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #73
stargzr

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I just have to jump in and defend the skinny ***** book. I think it depends on your personality as to whether or not you will like it. I actually LOVED it! I re-read it every now and then. Yes, it does promote a vegan lifestyle... but it doesn't force it on you. One thing you must be prepared for is the very thick sarcasm and straight-forwardness of the book. I am a very sarcastic person and respond better to people when they are just upfront and honest with me. I saw this book in a small book store, thought that's a weird title, picked it up and read the first few sentences only. I fell in love and HAD to have it!!! I bought it, of course, and read it in two sittings. I love to read and these ladies just had me going the whole time. I found it highly entertaining and recommend it to anyone who can take that kind of talk.
If you're looking into buying it, I would suggest you pick it up and read a page or so first. If it's not your cup of tea, you will know right away. However, you could be like me and just love it!!!

stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote