Old 09-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #1  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile Calling all Stay At Home People

Male, Female, Work At Home, Stay At Home Parents, Anyone Who Stays At Home...
I thought we could start a support thread for us Stay At Homers!
I know that a lot of people think Stay At Homers have it easy, however, I worked out side the home for a very very long time, and Home isn't easier. I think sometimes that I am more busy now, than ever...lol...partly because there is no time clock to start your day or end your day. It's just "Always on Duty". LOL
Anyway, I thought that we could start a little support group that deals with staying at home and kids, dogs, doorbell, phone... etc... sometimes getting in the way of our "plans". How we deal with it to go with the flow and learn that is just life and how we exercise or stay on the plan of our choice in the midst of it.
For exercise, I love to walk. Sometimes I go solo, and sometimes I take the family or one or both the kids with me. I count housecleaning as additional exercise.
To save money and get a little additional exercise, I wash the dishes by hand.
It would be nice to meet some other Stay at Homers ! JK...lol.
To start, my name is Ryanne and I stay at home with my children, one is 16 and the other is 4. I homeschool the 16 year old and she also has a job babysitting for my granddaughter (her brother's 1 yr. old). I won't be homeschooling the 4 year old. I did homeschool my older two children as well, but the youngest, I am not tackling homeschool again. I did it for sooo many years, and just don't feel up to it again. It's more work than one would expect. I don't like the idea of public school, but we have moved to a better district so next year he'll be starting kindergarten in a smaller town.
I may go back to work then, but in the meantime, I am home and I really do love it. It's a blessing to be able to spend this much time with my children. Anyways, feel free to post and lets see how we can encourage each other.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Can I be your first member? LOL, I guess you can be pres. and I will be vice-pres. LOL!

Also a stay-at-homer here. My name is Mary. We were married ten years before having our first child. They are now 5 & 7 and we are tremendously blessed to have them. Yes--it was a big change going from the workplace to full-time stay-at-homer. Hubby works tremendous hours so I am doing the single mom thing many times.

I agree with you about never being "off the clock." I will check in later. Right now I am headed to school to volunteer a while.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #3  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I am a stay at home mom too. I have been married for 23 years I have a son 20 and two daughters 14 and 11. I used to work too but we dont live in such a great neighbor hood where I would feel safe leaving my DD home alone. Planning on moving when school gets out in June to a much better town so hopefully I can get back out their. So right now things are pretty tight.

Been working on this Better way of life eating for going on 4 weeks. Doing good. Kest fihgting to keep the demonds ( Junk food) away .
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations to you stay at home moms. I always think that if you are leaving your children with a babysitter they are being raised by the sitters values and not yours. I am in no way critisizing working moms I was one, myself. I stay at home, now because I am retired and like someone has already said, I wonder how I found time to work 40 hours a week . I just seem to be plenty busy all the time.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

Hello! I don't know if you would consider me a stay at home mom,but I do.I work 4-8 hours a week after my husband gets home.I have a 15 year old daughter,an 11 year old daughter and a 22 month old son.Since he will be my last child I decided to stay home as much as possible with him.The hours that I do work give me a few extra dollars and my husband some alone time with the kids.This is all still new to me so trying to not get lazy which I have been.I need to get up and get moving so with the nice weather I have decided to start taking a small walk with my son.Any suggestions you guys may have to get me motivated to not just sit here all day.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #6  
Believe!

Smile It's good to have some company!

Wow, we have quite a few stay at home people! Good to have all of you here!
Thighs: You can be president if you would like, lol... I remember volunteering at school when my older children were younger, I suppose I may be doing that again with little one, maybe not, sigh...LOL. I want to be involved, but not "too involved" and seems once you volunteer for stuff, it can sure add up fast, to the point you say, "they should be paying me for this!"...LOL
Butterfly, Butterfly, Butterfly!: What can I say to you? I am so happy you are here and your posts are such an encouragement to me. You are one of the strongest people I know, when the fight comes, you fight back! I'm so proud of you!
Bargoo, I have done a lot of staying at home and a lot of working, I know that some people don't have a choice, but I can see the peace my children have when I am here with them. I have "had" to work, while I was separated and going through a divorce, and my children missed me terribly, and I missed them, too, and it was a constant struggle "do I work the overtime and put food on the table and clothes on their back and pay bills, or spend more time with them and skimp on some of the necessities. It was difficult, but now I have a man who appreciates me wanting to stay home again, it was hard at first, but even though we have to tighten the belt, so to speak, it is worth it.
I am glad to have you here.
Luvmy3, of course you are welcome here! We are more than glad to have you. I know about the get up and get moving thing, believe me! Sometimes I just wanna sit and watch some tv with my son...and keep thinking I should be moving more. LOL. We all do that, I think. My son enjoys going for walks with me.
If you have a park close, sometimes it's fun to walk to the park, let them play a little, and then walk home. Take a snack or two and just spend some time. The fresh air and play will usually wear them out and they will take a long nap for you...then you can nap or catch up on chores or take a breather. We all need those!
I am so glad to have company here! Basically, it seems that when I stopped working, I am having to make friends all over again. It is nice to have you all to encourage and help in this journey we call weight loss. Feel free to come and post anything at any time. I look forward to getting to know all of you and any others that might show up.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #7  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Hi - I am at home working every day....sitting at the computer and I have two children and am a single mom. I feel on duty 24/7 for sure, and I have let my body go. Right now I am trying to remind myself how much more energy I had when I was healthier....gotta get back to that!
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #8  

icme, you can do it....we all know the struggle well! we are all here to support your efforts....3FC is all you need IMO! I have gotten a total wealth of information right here!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 09-22-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/163/145

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!
I too am a SAHM. My children are 16, 3, 2, and 3 weeks.
I used to work full time as a family nurse practitioner but returned to work when my 3 year old was 6 months old. I worked just a few hours a week and then quit completely when I was pregnant with my 2 year old. I now have 3 girls 3 and under with our latest addition 3 weeks ago so working outside the home is no longer an option.

I love being a SAHM but there are days that I truly miss the intellectual stimulation of work and the contact with my peers. I am considering home schooling but we will see what happens when the time comes! I have to admit it will be nice to have the oldest at school during the day, I already have dreams of what I can do with all my free time. LOL, I know....the work never ends if they are at school or at home. It is nice to dream though

Debi
mum2girlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #10  

My 2nd went to school this year. It's amazing how the day flies by. Before you know it, it's 3:00!

Speaking of which, I gotta go ladies. We have a playdate coming afterschool (mom in tow) and I gotta clean up at least a little before I do school pick-up. Hehehe. I did turn on all the lights and open the blinds. For some reason the house looks cleaner that way. Now, I am gonna sweep the floors and spray some Febreeze. I will be good to go. LOL

Tonight is spaghetti for supper which suits the heck outta me. My kids and hubby love it and it's easy. I just ate a gigantic spinach salad with blackberries and strawberries. I also made myself a frappacino out of the leftover coffee from the morning. Those here that know me know I waste nothing. LOL....gotta have shoppin' $$$$$! LOL
Old 09-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #11  

Hi everyone! I am also a SAHM! I am 35, happily married, and raising my 6yo ds, and 4yo b/g twins! I am pretty busy, but a typical SAHM... I LOVE staying home to raise my kids and take care of my house and my husband! But I too have "let myself go". Completely. I am at a place in my life now, where I don't truly even remember what it was like to have energy, and to feel healthy. I hope and pray to return to that.
I have been thrilled to find this site, and even more so to find this thread for stay-at-homers!
MotoXMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

A former coworker of mine loved her job but also wanted to stay home with her kids. She solved that by getting a license for childcare. She likes it but says every once in awhile she'd like to talk to an adult.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #13  
Believe!

Smile Little one taking a nap....

...and all the chores are done, except cooking supper later, so I thought I'd pop in. Glad to see more people here. That's really cool!
This morning it was rainy and cold so I didn't get my walk in yet, today, but it is clearing up nicely for an evening walk, may need jeans and a jacket, but it is better than being "toooooo hot"!
Husband is working overtime tonight for an hour...so we'll delay supper until around 8 pm.
Just want to hold off eating anything til then.
Well, all, I guess I will get off this thing for now, will be time to wake up little one in a bit so he will sleep tonight. I may pop in later on tonight.
Have a good day, and nice "meeting" you all.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

I'm so glad that you started this thread.Reading all that you guys do during the day has motivated me.I went to lunch with my sister and walked there and had a salad.Then we took my son to the park and walked home.Not a long walk but enough to get me moving.I had energy after the walk and feel so much better than I normally do.I guess I just need to take it one day at a time and get out and moving.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #15  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

I'm a stay-at-homer right now. I'm in school full time, but this semester I lucked out with all online classes, sans a few workshops on campus. I'm hoping to get a full time job, but I'm still learning how to drive and my live-in boyfriend is working and in school full time so we have a lot of schedules to work around and figuring out transportation will be a lot easier once I can take the car if need be.

But in the mean time, I'm at home cooking, and cleaning, and studying, and 3FCing to keep my brain stimulated
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote