Old 09-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default What happened to the pudding???

I needed chocolate pudding so I bought a box yesterday. I'd been waiting for it all day. I noticed new packaging on the box, but my center has been phasing in all of the new packaging on everything. Anyway, the pudding is so GROSS. There has to be something different in the way they make it because it does not taste the same. I also got a bit of the dry powder mix on the counter and went to wipe it up with a damp cloth and some of the specks in the pudding turned green. What's up with that? Anyone know?
lookinfine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #2  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Yikes...sounds like rat poison. LOL
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

lovely! haven't tried it yet, and with this information I likely won't. I love chocoloate way too much to experience an all out assault on it!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #4  

I should clarify....I have had chocolate pudding almost every single day of my 150 days on program and loved how it tasted every single time. I don't know if I got a bad box or what...just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Maybe my tastebuds are on a vacation?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #5  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

No, you're not crazy! I had it for the first time last week and posted it one of the other threads that I thought it was disgusting!! ARGH! I so look forward to it and tried it again last night cold even (I usually warm my up) and ICK ICK ICK! I too noticed the green/blue color in my white bowl. What's up with that?! I'm thoroughly dissappointed that's all I can say!
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #6  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

man i hope that doesn't happen to ALL the products as they phase over... eek!! i don't know what i'd do if my hot chocolate stopped being so magically delicious. luckily i never really liked the taste of the pudding. sorry it got all crappy, you guys
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #7  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

they added fiber to it...also to the vanilla..my personal favorite (or USED to be!!) i told them at the center they ruined EVERYTHING....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #8  
Lynn

oh so that's the difference. Very interesting! I have a box of the hot cocoa that I bout way back when I first started and have yet to try it. I honestly forgot about it. Yeah I'm going to try that tomorrow! Maybe that'll be my new chocolate fix.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfine09 View Post
I needed chocolate pudding so I bought a box yesterday. I'd been waiting for it all day. I noticed new packaging on the box, but my center has been phasing in all of the new packaging on everything. Anyway, the pudding is so GROSS. There has to be something different in the way they make it because it does not taste the same. I also got a bit of the dry powder mix on the counter and went to wipe it up with a damp cloth and some of the specks in the pudding turned green. What's up with that? Anyone know?
Lookinfine09, I go to the Lincoln center also and bought a box of the double chocolate pudding last week. It is gross! I had it twice, thinking the first time was caused by tap water. I usually use bottled. Anyway, it's nasty and I'm disappointed, I looked forward to that pudding after dinner each night.

For those of you that want to try something different, the hot chocolate mixed with a small amount of water and blended tastes like fudge brownie dough. I'm going to have that instead of pudding from now on.

I go to WI today, I'm going to complain about their ruined product!
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #10  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepeanut View Post
Lookinfine09, I go to the Lincoln center also and bought a box of the double chocolate pudding last week. It is gross! I had it twice, thinking the first time was caused by tap water. I usually use bottled. Anyway, it's nasty and I'm disappointed, I looked forward to that pudding after dinner each night.

For those of you that want to try something different, the hot chocolate mixed with a small amount of water and blended tastes like fudge brownie dough. I'm going to have that instead of pudding from now on.

I go to WI today, I'm going to complain about their ruined product!
great! Thank you for the suggestion. Exactly how do you prepare the hot chocolate? You say blended, just mix with a whisk in a bowl? I'll be anxious to try it tomorrow night. (I'm having a bar for lunch and therefore won't be able to try it tonight )
Old 09-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
great! Thank you for the suggestion. Exactly how do you prepare the hot chocolate? You say blended, just mix with a whisk in a bowl? I'll be anxious to try it tomorrow night. (I'm having a bar for lunch and therefore won't be able to try it tonight )

I just blended it with a spoon. Like I said, don't add too much water, just a little at a time to get the right consistancy. It will be thick like dough. Not as good as the original chocolate pudding, but, way better than that stuff they sell now. Let me know what you think of it.

I'd be anxious to hear any other ideas to get my chocolate fix.
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #12  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i just drink the hot cocoa like normal hot cocoa--dump the powder in a mug and add boiling water. it's really delicious; better than "diet" hot cocoa from the store, if you've ever had that.
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #13  

I called my center this morning to see if they've received similar complaints. I guess I'm not the first one to complain. Not sure it will do any good, but they can at least provide feedback to corporate.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Well if the pudding is bad enough they will see no one is buying it and maybe make some changes to it. I am not a fan of the pudding anyway so I can only imagine what they could have done to make it worse. The vanilla is not too bad though unless they are going to fool with it as well and make it nasty too!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

How can you have your pudding if you don't eat your meat?

(Sorry...I just had to throw that in there!) Carry on!

-- JJ
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote