Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/260/160

Height: 5'5"

Red face Jillian Michaels Program(s) - Do they work?

Hey everyone,
I have been out of the literal loop lately, and was watching TV the other night and saw that Jillian Michaels (yes, ms. Biggest-Loser herself!) on tv promoting a new fatburning program!!???
My first thought was "has the world really gone mad now!? the queen of exercise is hawking pills!!!"
Has anyone tried the program? Im curious, because Im not sure how long its been around, if its new, or has been out the past couple of months and Ive just missed it!

I have her 30-day shred dvd, which I havent used yet, but I intend to start tomorrow! (Will let you know how that works out)

Hoping everyone is reaching their goals!
Crystal
MixedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Her exercise programs DO work, for sure. Good results, because she kicks your butt.

Her pills MAY work, short term, but I have some issues with them. Specifically, with some of the ingredients. The ones I find mildly objectionable are those that aren't proven to be effective, or that may be dangerous for some individuals (White willow bark, etc). The ones I find outright irresponsible are those that can be found on the "Dirty Dozen" supplement list...the list of supplements that a major consumer group concluded are really so unsafe they should not be on the market (bitter orange).

I was really disappointed that she came out with a pill at all, but even moreso when I saw her ads (full of the same pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo of all weight loss pill ads) and looked at the ingredients. Weight loss is possible without supplements that can cost you money and, worst case, health. Why bother?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #3  

I saw these ads full force lately on TV, magazines, etc.... I too, have heard the ingredients are not good. I thought for a few moments, maybe I'll try it? But then came back to reality and decided, why spend money on another gimmick?

Instead, I bought a professional gym elliptical trainer (used) and of course still have my gym membership, just in case.
milesofsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #4  

Do the pill bottles scream at you and call you names while you work out too?? hehehehe
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilette31 View Post
Do the pill bottles scream at you and call you names while you work out too?? hehehehe

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Height: 5'6

I'd be hesitant about a pill and I agree, it doesn't seem right that she's pushing them...

I LOVE the 30-day-shred. It's tough at first but after a few days of it you see fast results in your strength and endurance so it gets "easier". If hearing "If you are looking for a modification for a jumping jack you won't find one. I have 400 lb people who can do jumping jacks, so can you," is easy for ya
xicalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
I'm just wondering? LOL. I mean, she basically is screaming in the commercials ... so maybe there's a little recording attached to the inside of the pill bottle. When you pop the lid off it screams, " GET ME IN YOUR BELLY NOW OR GET OUT OF MY FACE!!! "
Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/180/130

Height: 5' 1"

I haven't tried her pills...nor do I intend to, but I did join her website and it helped me lose 19 pounds. It's not easy...a definite lifestyle change. Change in eating, change in the way you think, and lots of exercise. If you think 30 day shred is bad, try one of her circuit trainings. I don't know why she came up with pills, when her online program works so well. There are lots of people on there who have lost well over 75 pounds.

Sheila
SheilaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #9  
Graceful Loser

We sell those at work (GNC) .. in fact, I sold some of it today.

I'm not sure if they work or not, to be honest. I'll check out the ingredidents and compare it some of the other supplements.

I love The Biggest Loser, though!!

PS: They haven't screamd at me yet, so if they don't scream at me, they sure as heck won't scream at anyone else! Mwahaha
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamoco350 View Post

PS: They haven't screamd at me yet, so if they don't scream at me, they sure as heck won't scream at anyone else! Mwahaha
Ha Ha! Good to hear!!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default Speaking of OTC "diet pills" that don't work . . .

is anyone else disappointed Jillian Michaels is hawking some these days?

http://www.gnc.com/search/index.jsp?kw=jillian&f=Brand%2F1015762%2F&fbc=1&fb n=Brand|JILLIAN+MICHAELS

I may not follow her diet book or workout, but the Biggest Loser (at least what they edit/show on TV) is all about making lifestyle changes and reaping benefits through hard work and discipline.

This is pretty shady IMHO.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

I totally agree, I am so disappointed!!!! She is a marketing who*e. She no longer cares about the people just the profit. I have totally turned against her. When they tried to bring the new trainer Kim on I was so upset but at this point I would take anyone over Jillian.
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:54 AM   #13  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

what about her wii program? is that worth investing in?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

The reviews on amazon for the Wii program are horrid. Most people say save your money.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #15  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Ye I looked at the game on amazon and read them, which is why I thought I would ask. Are her fitness programs any good? Such as the 30 day shread? Would it be easy to go into that as a complete restarter to exercise?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote