Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #1  
weight loss hell

Default I went to my free consult...

So i've been contemplating this diet for a while now. The biggest thing stopping me was money. So I sign up for my free consultation and I was all excited as the lady was telling me about it. I got my weight and measurements. And then she was giving me hints on what to eat and says i'm giving you these because you don't qualify for our program because you're bipolar. Ahh I thought this was the diet that was going to change my life! Now I can't even do it. She said maybe I could follow some of the food programs online if I could find them.

So do any of you have any food suggestions for me? So far I have tons of water, protein for for breakfast and veggies not canned. What kind of foods do you eat?
kiki1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1979 View Post
So i've been contemplating this diet for a while now. The biggest thing stopping me was money. So I sign up for my free consultation and I was all excited as the lady was telling me about it. I got my weight and measurements. And then she was giving me hints on what to eat and says i'm giving you these because you don't qualify for our program because you're bipolar. Ahh I thought this was the diet that was going to change my life! Now I can't even do it. She said maybe I could follow some of the food programs online if I could find them.

So do any of you have any food suggestions for me? So far I have tons of water, protein for for breakfast and veggies not canned. What kind of foods do you eat?
Did she say what about being bipolar makes you unable to do the program? Is it medications because many people on this site have various medical issues. Anyway, the basic breakdown is amounts are based on your weight, over 200 you get 6 oz of protein and 4 oz with under 200 lbs. Meats are lean, chicken breast w/o skin, turkey, tuna and buffalo. lean beef could be twice a week. All weight is after cooking. There is a list of which to choose from.
Breakfast= 1 serving of protein, 1 carb (50 cal) and a protein drink (15 grams protein.
Lunch= 1 serving of protein, 1 fruit, 1 veggie (8 oz raw or 4 oz cooked) protein drink
Dinner= 1 protein, 1 veggie, 1 carb. (twice a week the beef could be here)
Add up to 2 more drinks for under 200 lbs and 3 more for over 200. You can order the drinks from dietdirect.com.
Look at the receipe link for ideas on foods and preparation. only 2 tsp olive oil a day. use I can't believe it is not butter spray, salt free seasonings, pam spray for cooking. Drink lots of water. base of 64 oz daily, add 8 oz for every 25 lbs overweight and another 8 oz for every 30 min exercise. take a good multivitamin and flax seed oil daily. Wean off the caffeine, alcohol and soda. Drinking anything mixed with water does not count as daily water.
Read the advice to newbies thread for more information. Ask questions and we will try to explain. Also check with your doctor incase there is a medical reason to not do this diet. Good luck
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1979 View Post

kiki, I'm sorry to hear this... This really surprises me, maybe you should consider checking with another center to see what the policy is the same... just in case... Also, you deserve some explanation as to why, maybe you can call and talk to the manager and ask if ther is a specific reason why. Good Luck!
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #4  
weight loss hell

The lady I met with was very nice. She is actually going to call me next week and see how i'm doing on my own. And I can call her anytime I need help. She said the reason why I don't qualify is because of the medications for bipolar disorder, when you start dieting and losing weight, I guess it affects the way the meds work. I guess they don't want to be responsible for anything happening to anyone who happens to be depressed or suicidal or bipolar doing something in a manic or depressive state that could later end up in a law suit. Thats the only thing I could think of. I asked if there was a way around it like if I got my doctor to sign off on the diet because I see her every 3 months but there isn't.

Thank you so much for the information. I am going to try to do it on my own and see how things go. I was really looking for the support they offer.
kiki1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/188.5/125

Height: 4''11

is the dietdirect stuff like metabolic's stuff? i was looking on the protein drinks and it looks the same...
alisanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/214/150

Yes it is, I just saw it in one of the treads this past week. If you can afford to buy in bulk its cheaper.
kimtpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/188.5/125

Height: 4''11

i love the meal replacement bars from mrc are those the same there to?
alisanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote