Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default The Biggest Loser

Have we talked about this here??? What did we think??? I'm rooting for Tracey because..well the tracey thing LOL

I don't know how I feel about Daniel (is that right/? the kid who was on last year??) getting a 2nd chance to lose more weight. He got all the skills the first time around and can implement them at home - and he's taking up a space now that a new person could desperately use. I dunno, maybe they thought he needed it more. I was hoping to see the brother of the guy who made it to the end las time (i'm terrible with names! brown team? father/son? his brother was still huge and cried when he saw them slimmed down?)

Jillian gets on my nerves but i did like her "I"M BORED WITH YOUR STORY" comments, you can wallow in circumstances forever if you want or you can change your story, up to us!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #2  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

I think Daniel needs the ranch. If I remember correctly, while he has maintained his loss from last season, he hasn't made any more headway since then (of course, I don't know what the time lapse is). The whole show is based on second chances, so I think SOMEONE was going to get to come back, regardless. Why not him? He may have the tools, but it seems to me that he needs the ranch, the competition, the support.

I don't know who I'm rooting for. I really hope Shay can stay long enough to make a big dent in her weight. And while I think that Abby is an amazing woman, I am already tired of everyone's emotional responses to her. I think it would be awfully hard to vote her out knowing that she does not have a family to go back to and WHY she doesn't. Her tragic circumstances probably provide her with an advantage here. (That was not meant in any callous way).

I get frustrated with the first few weeks, because I think all of the people on the ranch need it. I really wish there was a way to do this without voting people out until they'd had a month or two under their belts. I think that would help ensure more long lasting success.

Jillian rocks when she's all tough 'n stuff, but when she gets emotional it doesn't feel real. There's something about how she cries that reads wrong on screen.

So far I don't see anyone as compelling as Mike was, or anyone as driven as Tara was last season. I do have to say that I kinda dig the girl with the funky haircut (sorry, can't remember her name), but for no really good reasons.

I just hope it isn't like the Heba season. I really disliked that one.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #3  

I was crying within the first 30 minutes. I don't usually cry, but the lady that lost her family really touched me. I hope she does well. She seems to have a lot of inner strength.

Otherwise, I thought it was a good bunch. I also didn't like the heba season. Too much backstabbing. And I'm glad that brought back Daniel, but I can see the other side of the coin.

I did fast forward through a lot of the training part. 2 hours is so long.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #4  
Out is Through

A new season started? What day/time/channel?!
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

NBC, Tuesdays 8pm EST
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #6  
Out is Through

thank you! <3
Old 09-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/284/150

Height: 5'8"

Trazey... I thought of you when they had a Tracey on... I'm rooting for her too, she was so all out and trying so hard on that mile.. poor thing, I felt so bad for her that she got sooo close and then collapsed.

Other than that, I'm rooting for them all at the moment, no real favs yet, but I have to agree, it seems so mean and useless that people have to leave so early.. the first weigh in should be further in.

Dee
DeeinVaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I was so excited to see it back and always liked Jillian but I thought she was a bit much this season. Yes they need to be pushed but she went to far. She was rude and cant she motivate without f this f that all the time. I havent picled a fav yet its to soon.
babyfattimes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I was surprised they didn't talk more about what was wrong with Tracy that kept her in the hospital for so long. Sad.

I have to say I cried for the woman who lost her family. I can't imagine the pain of that. I hope she wins. She deserves something good in her life.

Interesting that Bob isn't being a nice guy this time around. He's channeling Jillian. And is it just me or is her mouth fouler than ever this round?
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/in progress/132?

Height: 5' 7"

I just love that show. I would give my right arm (not really, but you get my point) to be on that show. I would love to train with Jillian but I don't like getting yelled at. I thought Bob was nicer than he seems to be on this season. I don't know why they BOTH have to yell. And to have only one team. I don't think the woman who lost her family will ever get voted off because of her history. She'll be one of the final three I'm sure. I could never vote her off after what she's been through.
misskimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #11  
Out is Through

Was last week the season premiere? Does anyone know if they're playing a rerun of it at all or if I can find it online?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

I watched it too (and actually ran on my treadmill during some of it ).

I was also wondering what was going on with Tracy that she was in hospital so long. I didn't really think that it was fair that the coach could have been resposible on his own for one of them getting voted off or not but, knowing that they actually weigh in in the morning, I sort of knew he wouldn't have fallen below the yellow line so they made that rule just for added drama.

I haven't picked a favorite yet but do agree that it will probably be along time before Abby gets voted out as she with get the sympathy of fellow teammates for a LONG time. Not sure if that is fair but, man, you sure have to admire her strength! When she said the bit about dying being easy and being here is hard...WOW!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #13  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I love Biggest Loser! Although I know the results these people achieve is unrealistic for those of us in the real world (the rate at which they lose, not the end result), it is very inspirational and motivating to watch them lose and adopt a healthy lifestyle as I do the same thing.

I don't have a favorite yet, although my allegiance tends to go to the women who weigh the most starting out. I feel sympathy and admiration for the woman who has lost her family, but I don't think she should receive special consideration for that, and I'm not so sure she will - gameplay can make people pretty ruthless. Everyone has issues they're dealing with and deserve to be there so they can become healthy individuals. When it comes down to it, I don't really care who wins, it's just great to watch people lose weight and change their lives in the process.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #14  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I love BL. I'm rooting for Daniel and then after that I'm not sure.

As far as the yelling, I haven't been able to put my finger on it, to explain it but I understand it and there is a reason.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #15  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

I don't know how I feel about this season. I usually like the hard truths of the last chance workout, but I don't like listening to people being sworn at or being belittled. Not to mention that the language has gone down hill so much.

I hope they chill out with anger schitck as the season progresses or else I'll probably lose interest in one of my favorite shows.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote