South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 06:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday's Finesse!

I should name today's thread "fragile Friday", but that may be too intimidating for some. A massive headache drove me out of bed this morning. Not a good way to wake up. But a couple of Advil, a hot shower and some strong coffee are slowly working it's magic.

I have a short day at work today, and this afternoon Eric, Monica and Carley are coming out to spend the night. We're getting up early tomorrow to go to the Dutch Smorgasbord for breakfast, then spending the day at the Renaissance Faire. The weather is supposed to be picture perfect, so I'm looking forward to a fun day.

How's everyone doing today?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry you feel "fragile" this Friday, Cottage. Just think, a week from now, we will be sipping coffee together and snooping to see what the Beachies are up to in our absence.

Off to the gym this morning with my pretty toes and nails. Maybe that will make my work-out easier. Then for coffee with Donna and home to see what Paul is up to. The hardwood floor is down and looking really good. This afternoon I may bung in some of my foundation planting which will make me feel much better about my scarred front lawn and garden. I did fins a peony that survived the Bobcat and has sent up several shoots one of which has a bud. I hope it manages to flower. A peony blossom in October would be wonderful!

Sorry but I have to dash. It's Donna's driving day and she is always early!
See y'all later.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Hey cottage, dontcha just hate headaches? I get them all the time, have since I was born. It's genetic on my mom's side.

Anyway, I haven't been in here in ages, how is everyone?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Cottage, I'm so sorry you have a headache. Do you get migraines, or do you think it's a change in the weather?

Ruth, Everything is easier with pretty toes and fingers. Don't you feel like such a girl? BTW, your ticker is looking good!

JellyBean! Hi!

Today is my weigh in day, but I may stay off the scale. After Jazzercise last night, I had the worst sore throat, so I stopped for hot and sour soup at the Chinese place. I'm always up a pound the next day. Salt! My MIL had the bad flu last week, and I'm paranoid about getting it. I am nursing every little ache and pain. Yep, I'm a weenie!

We have a mouse in the kitchen. Jeff put out three traps last night. No mouse, but I saw more mouse poo. We got ourselves a smart mouse! We'll get him... <evil laugh>

Have a great day!

Last edited by Chelby29; 09-18-2009 at 07:37 AM. Reason: No spell check on laptop. Sheesh! :)
Old 09-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Gals It's so nice to have a few days ahead with nothing but the normal weekend stuff to do

Cottage - eek, hate the morning headaches. Is it your neck? Don't know if it would help but I haven't had one since I started the 4-6 week massage routine. Worth the cost to avoid those stupid headaches.
I haven't been to a Ren Faire in years. Sounds like a fun weekend

Ruth - Time to start planning our mischief for next week I'm sure we can get up to something if all the mods are away
Have a good gym day

Nothing today but the usual enormous weekend To Do list. That feels like a break after the last two weeks

My Dad is doing well. Things look better than we thought they might and he is recovering well. I had the big how to eat conversation with both my parents. He feels that his food is the one thing left that he enjoys and doesn't want to give it up. I suggested that he eat some bean salad or beans and greens or something similar before a meal that isn't totally allowed - fried chicken or pizza. That way he gets the fiber he needs and will be fuller when it comes to the less healthy foods. Hope it helps because otherwise there will be no changes at all.

Okay, gotta get moving. The plumber is coming this morning. I'll be back later
Old 09-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, we'll be especially watching you next week! I have the same problem with my dad. His cholesterol is very high, yet he isn't willing to change his diet. He has to take so many pills every day that it's just pathetic. It just makes my resolution stronger that I don't want to end up like that.

Chelby, I like to treat my sore throat with Hot & Sour soup, too! It's just the perfect tonic, isn't it? I hope your throat is better today. Good luck catching that mouse. Peanutbutter gets them every time!

Hi, Jellybean.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

I've been up for hours but I putzed around planning my day while enjoying coffee. I planned to get here earlier but got distracted by a Facebook list-actually a mild form of procrastination this morning.

Cottage, hope that headache is calming down. Your Saturday sounds like fun. Have a great day and I hope your sore throat is better.

Ruth, that peony certainly has a strong survival instinct. My new rose bush suprised me for one last bloom. I sure love getting exercise checked off my list in the morning. Hope you have a great day.

Chelby, hope you catch your little critter. They can do whatever they want outside, I actually think they're very cute, but I don't like them in the house. BTW, hows the puppy doing? Hope you're stirring up something fun for the weekend.

JellyBean, nice to meet you. I hope to see you more often.

Cyndi, I hope you enjoy your busy day. I actually don't mind the lists. We did our last case of peaches while you were away. I'm ready to take it down a notch.

Me, dogs to the park, work on Pooch Parade, wopp, wopp, wopp, eat lunch, wopp,....move tables to the park, load car, dinner, clean Moms house, get Rudi spiffed up..and probably not sleep. Last year I sat up all night and knitted. Too much anticipation. I'll be checking in. It's a nice day here and Lexi is holding her own.

to everyone stopping by later.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #8  
sophie

good morning,

Cottage - hope that headache is going away. Where are you going for breakfast. DH and I have been to Millar's a few times but that is closer to Lancaster.

Ruth - Enjoy your day and its nice to see that the floor is in. Must make the place look more organized.

Chelby - I love hot and sour soup. Hope the sour throat goes away. Maybe you should have gotten a cat instead.

Jellybean Hi

Cyndi - Those darn men. One of the biggest beefs I have travelling with DH is the choices he makes when we eat out. At home I have more control. He had bypass surgery 5 years ago.

Debbie - Is the weather going to be nice tomorrow in your area. Sounds like you are so busy.

Me - I have company coming tonight so yesterday I was so busy cleaning rooms, bedding, cooking, etc. We are going out during the day but back home for meals so I have planned them and have SB friendly stuff. Made the spinach dip yesterday and it is so good. Have a good weekend
take care
Sophie
Old 09-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Cyndi, At the end of my grandfather's life, the doctors told him not to eat the good stuff, smoke or drink. He said, "The only thing I can still do is look at pretty girls. And I don't remember why I liked to do that!" It was funny and pitiful at the same time.

Cottage, We did use peanut butter on the traps. Jeff said it must be a small mouse. We'll get him...

Debbie, At our house, bugs, spiders and mice can live long happy lives outside. Once they move in the house, they must die! <'Taps' playing in the background>
Old 09-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Sophie Have a nice visit! I always like that 'cause the house is clean after.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Cottage hope the headache is long gone by now.

Ruth glad to hear that you can get peds so close to home now, and doesn't it feel grand, I don't do very often just do myself to save the money but when I have treated myself it feels so much nicer doesn't it. hehe

Jellybean- hi hope everything is going well for you.

Chelby- those mice are very smart whenever we have one it takes awhile to get them, but now with pink the wonder cat haven't seen one in the house since we got him. My weigh in is tomorrow heres for crossed fingers that both of us move down.

Debbie- I read yesterdays thread and I am so sorry to hear that Lexxiss is moving downhill. Great invention you came up with.

Sophie- Hope you get all your cleaning done today.

As for me- was mia due to a retreat yesterday but got to meet ds girlfriend last night- she seems sweet tg. Today is wfh and then off to ds football game and then tomorrow morning is dd2 soccer game and then off to Scott AFB for the air show.

Have a great day.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Pearlrose

Have a great weekend. Sounds like it's full of fun things for the kids. I see your ticker hasn't moved, either. I am knee deep in paperwork and haven't been to the pool (where the scale is located), but I've been eating OP. I'm hoping for some movement by Monday.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-18-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Nope no scale movement but I only weigh once a week and am on TOM this week so we shall see tomorrow.

I saw your ticker went down a lb so I hope we are both successful in getting into onderland
Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

Hi Ladies

I just wanted to tell you how nice it is to see what great friendships you all have here!! I look forward to getting to know everyone!!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Kim

Glad you're jumping right. I feel like I've known everyone here quite a long time. I'm amazed that you and Pearlrose have kids so close to the same age. I have no kids, just animals, but I am impressed how the beachgals incorporate SB into family meals.

I'm successfully procrastinating at the moment, so better go...still working on my project...does this ever end?
Closed Thread