Old 09-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Nsv Involving Chocolate!!!

So, I'm going to be completely honest. My son, who is 4 (turns 5 this Sunday), has had a hard time finishing his potty training. I could not, for anything, get the boy to poop in the potty. We tried stickers, charts, games, songs, a muscial potty... EVERYTHING. And he would NOT go poop in the toliet, but he pee's in the toliet just fine, has since he was a about 3. So this has been going on for about 2 years. About a year ago we, on advice from the pediatrician, took away the pull ups, so I've been dealing with poopy pants for about a year.
Last week my son and I came to an agreement. I told him IF he poops in the potty, I'd go get him chocolate candy. He said he wanted cake, I said fine. Well, last night he ACTUALLY popped in the potty and I kept my word. I made him chocolate cupcakes and gave him one. I made 1/2 the batter in to cupcakes (and told son he could have another one if he poops in the potty today) and 1/2 into a round cake. I took 2 pieces the round cake to the neighbors and I had a small piece last night (within my calorie amount) and haven't touched any since.
The Victory here is not only that I haven't eaten another bite (great for me as before I would've eatten it all by now) but that its not even calling to me. There is no Siren's Pull to the CHOCOLATE CAKE!!! I'm too interested in trying to get as close to my Fall Equinox Goal as possible!!

Last edited by TaraLee; 09-17-2009 at 04:01 PM.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #2  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

That is a HUGE NSV! Congratulations!! I had a similar awakening last weekend when I had to bake cookies to bring into work. I had one but that's it. No siren's call. Even though it was a good cookie, it wasn't worth the calories (IMHO).
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hooray!

and congrats to the little guy for using the potty! That's terrific for both of you.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Talking

Oh wow good for you!! I experienced something simliar last night. Over the course of this week I've been offered brownies, cookies, fried chicken, and pizza...all of which I refused without batting an eyelash. Then last night at work one of the pharmacists had a container of little chocolate chip cookies sitting on his desk. He didn't offer but I went over and took one knowing he would've offered me eventually anyway. I ate it, it was good, but just like you said....I had NO desire to go back and have another one! I even walked by the container numerous more times and I had no problem whatsoever in staying away from them! This is def a big step for me too because over the last few years I've never been able to just have one. Congrats to you girl!!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

awesome! great job