South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/213/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Can't Get Away From Calorie Counting!

I am new to the SB plan. I have recently lost 25 pounds with calorie counting and the Couch25K running plan. I want to change things up a bit and this plan is always so highly praised. I just don't know how to get away from calorie counting? It appears that you do with this plan and it is a little frightening. I guess I don't feel in control if I don't know my caloric intake number each day. Any advice?
kymccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just follow the plan and go ahead and calorie count. Lots of us do. Just don't dwell on it or let it freak you out on days when you go over or under on Phase II. Remember there are good carbs and good fats and you'll be fine. Be sure to join the Phase I thread and out daily chatter for support, advice and fun.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

This rings a bell with me. Recently I was going to be traveling and figured my old WW points books would simplify my "calorie counting" while on the road. I lasted exactly one day and had to go back to calorie counting, I felt totally in the dark even though I knew the WW points would keep me in the right calorie range.

Can't really say I'm unhappy that CC has become such a part of my life that I felt lost without it. Think it's going to be a very healthy habit to have.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I agree. If you can't "not count," then go ahead and count, - just don't drive yourself batty.

There's no "law" in South Beach that says you can't keep track of the calorie count if you want to.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi KYMCCC and to the Beach

I don't calorie count and know others who do. For me, what was very attractive about SB is I didn't have to.

I am losing weight steadily and am very happy with the flexibility. (and feeling great!!!!) I do practice something that I feel may offset MY need to calorie count; I don't put ANYTHING in my mouth that isn't SB OP for even 1 meal. Personally, I'd rather do that any day then have something else to keep track of.

As Ruth suggested, please join in on the daily thread. I hopped right in when I started in May and really enjoy the daily chat as well as having support when I need it.

Best Wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote