South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Humping Along on Wednesday

Middle of the week already? How did that happen!

Yesterday was a useless day as far as getting anything done. Between doc visit, board meeting and pet therapy, I seemed to just dabble away at stuff between engagements. Today will be better.

Right now I need to eat a decent breakfast and take off for the gym. Donna is doing it with me which means I can't goof off - and neither can she. It's actually working out well as we do some of the exercises together and I can't cheat on counting reps or sets!

See y'all later. (Gosh my coffee tastes good this morning!)
Old 09-16-2009, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Ruth, I'm so proud of you going to the gym! I hope you are having a lot of fun. A supportive friend is always a big help.

Today is going to be interesting. My boss, supervisor and a coworker are going to a meeting on the other side of B'ham. It will only be the therapist and me in the office. I have a couple of things to do, but they are pretty easy. The downside is that I won't be able to leave. Oh well, my lunch is packed.

My MIL is having a bone marrow biopsy today. She has non-hodgekins lymphoma. Chemo has stopped working. The biopsy is to see if she's strong enough for radiation therapy. I googled the procedure. It looks pretty gruesome. Hopefully it will all go well. I want to make something comforting to send her for dinner tonight. Any suggestions?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Hump Day!

My coffee tastes pretty good this morning, too. I added some cinnamon to the grounds before it perked. It's a tad chilly, too, so the coffee is warming me up.

There's not a whole lot going on today. The days are so long with the girls in school, but I'm finding things to keep me busy and help the hours go by.

Did anyone watch The Biggest Loser last night. I don't usually watch the show, but I think I will this season. One of the participants' stories really broke my heart, and a lot of the others have some hurdles to get over, too. I hope the show will focus more on weight loss this time, instead of turning it into just another "game".

Well, I want to try a new recipe for a Squash & Quinoa Casserole before I leave this morning, so I'd better get to work.

I hope your day goes smoothly without any big humps!

ETA -

Good morning, Chelby! I hope your MIL's procedure goes smoothly, but it sounds awful. How about making her a nice, soothing soup after her grueling day? Maybe Broccoli & Cheese? Or a nice Chicken Divan casserole?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-16-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:10 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Thanks for getting us going, Ruth. Hope you have a pleasant day.

Chelby, best wishes to your MIL. I always think of soup. Its so sippable when I'm not feeling well. I hope your day isn't too boring.

Cottage, enjoy your low key day. There are so many BL reruns that I can never figure which one is current. I guess I do better with shows that don't keep me in suspense for months....I guess that's why I like Jeopardy..answer some questions for 1/2 hour, kick two off and start fresh tomorrow

Me, trying to reorganize so I can start all over today. I'll be very glad when this week is over. Lex woke me up early and I just stayed up. I think I burn the wrong end of the candle with regularity. Oh well. We have rain today but its supposed to end before the big event on Saturday. I keep thinking of Ruths fair this summer. We've never had a rain out and I don't wish to start now.

I'm eating OP and will go to workout this morning. It's really important for me to learn I can get through stress without garfing junk. I did take some SB time this morning and removed more items from the fridge that I'm not going to use. I kind of enjoy the transformation. Now I have more room, too.

Have a great day everyone. Robyn, be kind to yourself. Before long your hot water heater problem will be fixed and you can pat yourself on the back for sticking with it.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #5  

Broccoli Cheese soup sounds wonderful! Is the recipe for Divan on this forum? I've eaten it, but never cooked it.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Chelby, you'll find both the Broccoli Cheese Soup and the Chicken Divan recipes on our forum. They're both delicious and easy to make.

Good morning, Debbie! Sorry you're having such a hectic week, but we're halfway through it now!

I have the casserole in the oven, but am wondering how it'll turn out. It called for 1 1/2 cups of uncooked quinoa, and that sounded like an awful lot to me. But I followed the directions and we'll see. I may have enough to feed us for a few weeks!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #7  

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=f878a84297

Sparkit started barking EARLY this morning. I took pictures of both of my babies.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All! Today is day 3 of Phase I for DH and me and it is going great! Is it normal to have an upset stomach at the beginning of SBD? Maybe the change in diet is really affection us?? Otherwise, we feel great! My day is filled with work until 4:30, cooking dinner, taking DD to Girl Scouts and then taking the whole family to play putt-putt. My parents and my sister, her hubby and baby are all here so it should be a fun night!

Ruth- have a great time at the gym! I need to work on getting a membership

Chelby - I will keep you MIL in my prayers. I am sorry to hear that she has to go through such a terrible procedure.

Cottage - let us know how that Squash & Quinoa Casserole turns out!

Lexiss - Great planning! I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth enjoy your workout this morning you are motivating us to get moving.

Chelby I am sure that picture is great but I will have to wait until tonite to check it out as fb is blocked at work. Praying MIL procedure goes well for you.

Cottage I watched BL last night made me cry hearing some of the stories but it definitely motivates me to stay on track and keep working out and eating right. One thing I can't do is sit down and watch that show makes me feel guilty so I either walk or do strength moves while watching.

Debbie got my fingers crossed for you for weather to cooperate.

As for me getting alot of things got up at work then tonite is DD2 dance and soccer practice. I need to call the dentist though as DD1 had to have tooth extraction for braces this was done on Monday and it is still bleeding.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Back from the gym and Paul is here with William who is three. It seems that I am "little cousin sitting" while Paul works on the deck. Jazz is being delightful but, as William says about Disney, "Boy, that's one bossy dog!" He just said, "I'm going back outside. You keep your eye on those dogs!" Too funny!

After lunch. I'll take Disney with me to the clinic for pet therapy and leave Jazz here to play with William. It's a real love relationship, kids and dogs! I love little kids and missed out a lot of the grandbaby fun because if distance.

I hope your Hump Day is humpless.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, I love that you're working out with Donna! Working out with a pal always makes it more fun and makes us more accountable. Have a good time!

My coffee isn't so good this morning, sadly. DH brewed some up for me last night so I could make iced coffee this morning. I should have tasted it before I left: I put pumpkin spice and caramel SF syrup in it, and thought I put too much, but now that I taste it, I think I put too little. Oh well...try again tomorrow!

It was a cold bike ride to work this morning, but it'll be a glorious one home. Off to the gym after work, then home to make some brown rice risotto (my first time trying that...anyone else ever done it?) and finish painting the ceiling with DH.

Chelby, hope the procedure goes well for your MIL. My aunt had a similar issue--she was trying to get healthy enough to have this procedure where they take out all your blood and replace it with new...you don't have any white blood cells for a while, so you have to live in a tent for about a month, but it was likely to really make a difference. Is it possible your MIL could have a similar procedure? It's scary, because being without white blood cells is dangerous, but it seems less painful and invasive than radiation. I'll be keeping her and your family in my prayers. What's her first name? Yup, Chicken Divan is in the Phase 1 Entrees section of the Recipe Forum. It's one of my favorites for P1, and DH's major fav, overall.

Squash and quinoa sounds yummy, Cottage! I'd love the recipe, if you don't mind sharing...
Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Me too, Cottage, as I still have not ventured into quinoa. I guess it's not enough to buy it and know how to pronounce it!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #13  

Laurie, My MIL is Leigh. The procedure was at 7:30 this morning, but I haven't heard from anyone yet. I haven't heard mention of replacing her blood, but she is a retired nurse and doesn't always give us all the information we need. Auston would be so sad if she were in a tent for a month! Did your Aunt have non-hodgekins lymphoma?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #14  
sophie

Ruth - Glad Donna joins you at the gym. I would need that extra push to go to a gym.
Cottage - I can't imagine you not being busy.
Debbie - Wow, I think you had lost 27 lbs when I left for out West. Good for you. You are an inspiration.
Chelby - hope all goes well with MIL.
Pearlrose - you are one busy lady with work and kiddies. Hope DD is better.
Laurie - I have made risotto but never with brown rice. Please let us know how it works out.
Col - welcome and keep up the good work.

Another lovely day. I walked and took an inventory of meats in my deep freeze. Will do a reduction there because that big American Express bill is coming from our trip.
take care
Sophie
Old 09-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #15  

MIL said the procedure was extremely painful, but she has good meds now. She must be okay -- they called from the fried chicken restaurant. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Closed Thread