Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default 100 lb Accountability 14 - 20 September

Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:30 AM   #2  
Nicole

Hey lovelies!

How are we all today. Me, I'm OK. Still coughing like anything and I'd really like that to go away soon. I'm getting a bit sick of all the coughing to be honest.

The weekend was very quiet - didn't go to the gym and housework was a bare minimum. All I did was a basic tidy up, the vacuuming and the washing. Seriously, you don't want to go near my bathroom at the moment - I'm a bit scared that the monster from the deep is going to emerge from the shower!

Cardio day at the gym and I got talking with Sarah, who was my trainer before yummy evil trainer, so it was good to see her. And work was work - got rid of one of my nasty claims, or I will be rid of it by tomorrow when I finish the letter, and got 4 more to take its place. It's all fun really!

I'm going to post some photos a some stage over the next few days - I had a makeover after work and yeah, I think I look good. Since I can't really be bothered digging out the camera cables tonight, it's not going to happen tonight. But it will.

So the menu today was:

B - muffin and marmite

S - yoghurt

L - leftover chicken stirfry, muesli bar

D - subway.

Not really that hungry today for some reason.

Have fun everyone!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks....yesterday was a good healthy sane food day. I am grateful. Also, I managed to eat slow enough that each meal lasted 20-30 minutes. (the snacks not that long, however). I am very pleased with this.

I mostly puttered around the house and went to the grocery store.

Today - I have a meeting for our literacy grant. I have lots of paper work to do.

Also:
meditation
stretches and strengthening
1/2 gallon of water
log food
journal
put fork down between bites and eat s-l-o-w-l-y

breakfast - 2 rice cakes with pnb and a dab of honey, grapes
lunch -garden burger with lite cheese, lite mayo, fresh mushrooms
snack - crackers, laughing cow cheese
dinner - pancake, boca bacon, applesauce
snack - apple, almond butter

Nicolen - I can't wait to see your photo. Sorry to hear that you are still coughing. Me too - it's getting old. Glad work is fun.

MJ - so glad you are doing OK. It should be better every day. I hope you were able to get your water in.

Lottie - alot of folks do calorie cycling with great success. How was the amusement park?

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-14-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Monday is back everyone!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Got a lot done this weekend and am a bit sore. Moved some more of my things and dug up and potted some of my hostas and transplanted bits of my flower beds to the place I am staying now.

My 21 yr old and my 16 yr old came over yesterday and we had a movie day. My son arrived with a fever which had me all flustered with worry. Sinuses, early season colds. All 3 of us passed the kleenex box back and forth repeatedly and swigged juice.

Sat was a good food day, although I know I ate too little but I was on the move all day. Sunday didn't make good choices but I'm not beating myself up over it.

The scaled moved again and I made it to a whole 50 lbs off which made me feel good in a lot of ways. Hate to see those wrinkles be de-fatted though...lol.

I am off to take a hot hot shower to try to loosen up my congestion and get ready for work. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

I guess I've finally reached the point where the desire to lose weight is outweighing the desire to eat. It's time to go back to the basics again. Yes, calorie counting is important, but I need to go back to my whole foods lifestyle. Today, I'll be grocery shopping after work and planning menus for the week.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I think maybe this is just what I need. I tend to not plan my lunch out and end up eating the wrong stuff. I did great last week and plan to continue.I also have noticed I am eating too fast. I also have gone back to a reg size plate over the summer and gained back some of what i had lost. I need to lose back what I have gained plus about 40 more after that.

breakfast- yogurt, fruit smoothie
lunch- blt salad light mayo
dinner_ chicken soup
snack string cheese and grapes
water- 128 ounces
exercise- jumping on the minitramp (20 min gotta work back up to 30 min)
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Well, after surviving the last 3 weeks of being sick, I got on the scale this morning. It was ok, I lost 1.8 pounds over the past 3 weeks. That's ok. It could have been better if I could have worked out, but we take what we get. Actually, at one point, I got on the scale and I was up 13 pounds. It was in the middle of pneumonia, and I was retaining a lot of water (my feet were so swollen). It really scared me, so I was afraid to get on the scale this morning. So, I am very grateful that I didn't do a lot of damage. I worked out a couple of days last week and I'll be working out the rest of the week. My mom had come for a visit and she left this morning, so I didn't work out today. I think I'll try to go walking at lunch.

Nicolen: Glad you're getting better!

Beverly: Glad you found a way to extend those meals!! Good for you!

Jab: Sounds like a movie day was just what you all needed!

Rhonda: Keep going! You can do it!

Dgramie: Looks like you have a good plan!

Have a great week everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am about to take a nap....just took pain meds, so I won't be awake long, but I wanted to pop in.

nicolen--Good for you for resting this weekend, you needed it. A makeover, how fun! I love doing that!!! Can't wait to see pics!

Beverlyjoy--Great Job! How did your meeting go?

jab--Sounds like a good weekend, overall. Hope you feel better!!!!

Rhonda--Excellent! You are back!!! I know you can do this!

dgramie--The good news is, you know what you need to do and I know you can do it! How do you make your fruit smoothie?

Diane--So glad you are feeling better and 1.8lbs when you are sick is great! Did you get a walk in today?

lottie--How are you?

I am doing a bit better every day. I am doing my post-surgery exercises, so my ROM is getting better. Still a bit of pain, but that is to be expected. I am still struggling w/ getting enough water. I will get it back on track though!

I have realized that I am snacking a lot less than when I am at work. I am going to have to remember to take fewer snacks with me and remember to stop and think if I am hungry or bored before I have another snack at work.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #9  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Well I went to the amusement park yesterday, fit in all the rides and stayed on plan while splitting some food with my friend. So I still got treats and managed to stay within' my calories.

yay!

today:

b: 2 whole eggs, baked fries, 2 slices wheat toast
s: wheat thins and 1 oz extra sharp cheddar
l: mexican pita pizza
s: homemade veggie soup
d: bbq tofu and rice

Last edited by lottie63; 09-14-2009 at 02:58 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm finding the "just a bites" are creeping back in... three peanuts here, 1/4 apple there... IT NEEDS TO STOP.

So therefore... accountability! 1500 calories today

B- 2 cups bran flakes, 1 cup skim milk, small banana (which I forgot to eat... lol!)
L- LARGE mixed veggie salad with 8 chicken meatballs, 1/4 cup raw peanuts and 2 t low fat asian sesame dressing, yogurt cup
s- large BC peach and 2 lcow wedges
D- 6 homemade cheese pierogies, 1 cup broccoli, 2 T sour cream
S- buttered popcorn rice cake
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #11  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

lottie--great job yesterday!!!!

cfmama--You are doing fantastic! Keep it up!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:38 AM   #12  
Nicole

Another good day today. Gym and yummy trainer and I have lost a total of 1.3 kgs in the last 2 weeks. I'm back to below 230 again and I'm hoping that's the last time I see 23something on the scale. That would be nice.

Anyway, workout was tough, but not as tough as they have been - I think it was sympathy because of the cold. It still had step ups and other fun things though, so it wasn't that easy.

Work's going well - had quite a busy day and a few IT issues didn't help. I've got to remember to save more often - getting the blue screen of death and losing the letter I was working on isn't fun.

Interesting conversation at lunch. There's about six or so of us who have lunch together - depending on rosters, the number can vary a bit, but there's pretty much a core group. Anyway today at lunch, I came out to the lunch room, took my lunch out of the fridge and this other woman, who usually doesn't see me at lunch stared at my lunch and commented on how healthy it was. Of course it was - healthy lunches are a habit now for me.

And the menu was:

B - english muffin with marmite

S - yoghurt and blueberries

S - muesli bar

L - leftover chicken stirfry, kiwifruit

D - quiche and salad.

Beverly, hope the meeting went well!

Jab, sounds like a busy weekend. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Rhonda, go you!

Dgramie, sounds like you're on the right track!

Diane, I'm thrilled you're feeling better, but don't push yourself too hard too soon!

MJ, yay for doing better each day! Awesome

Lottie, sounds like a fun day at the amusement park.

Tammy, you're a total rock star! You really are.

And the photos. I need to resize them to upload them and I can't remember how to do that. I'll try again tomorrow night, but failing that, I might just upload them somewhere and post the link.

Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks... yesterday was a good day. That's six in a row. I am so grateful. I am hoping that I'll see the scale go down tomorrow when I weigh.

The meeting went well. We decided to continue with our literacy program - it's combining storytelling (in the oral tradition), free books, and language arts activities for at-risk children in our area. We will have another fundraiser next Spring. It will be a soup lunch, silent auction and performance venue. It's alot of work - but, so worth it.

Today I'd like to carry on with my sanity with food. Also, I have an appointment with the foot doctor.

meditation
1/2 gallon water +
stretches & strengthening
write down food and values
journal feelings
aware & mindful eating
put fork down between bites

breakfast - Kashi waffle, npnb, grapes
lunch - turkey and 2% cheese wrap with lite mayo, tomatoes
snack - rice cake, almond butter, tangerine
dinner - egg white scramble, turkey sausage, fruit, toast
snack - Laughing Cow Cheese, crackers

Nicolen - I LOVE that your friend noticed your healthy lunch and your comment that is how you eat now. That's awesome!

cfmama - good idea to nip the nibbles in the bud!!

lottie - you rock!! A day at the amusement park and still staying in your calorie range. That's a wonderful accomplishment.

MJ - I am glad you checked in and so happy that you are feeling progress. What's a ROM?

Slash - losing weight after being so sick - that's great. It would have been major to even stay the same. I am so, so glad you're feeling better.

Hi dgramie -Welcome! Yes, I think slowing down eating helps. Glad you posted.

Hi Rhonda! - going to the store to get healthy food is the first step. Yes, indeed. Ya know friend, we can never stop trying!

Jab - sounds like you've been busy! Yes, hop right back on plan. Hope your feeling a bit better!

Have a GREAT day everyone!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-15-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Wow the board was busy since I was here last ...lol. I am just going to do a quickie wave to the board and glad to see everyone is doing well.

Work offered to send me home half way through my shift yesterday because I looked so bad. I refused to leave because I can't afford it. I really wanted to lay down though so the offer / suggestion that I leave was very inviting. Was very glad when my shift ended and I got to leave.

Took some nyquil and called it an early night. Had to drag myself up and about this morning so I have my fingers crossed this is going to be a better day.

Yesterday's food choices

tea w/honey
water

triscuits
sunflower seeds
water

tomato sandwich (2 slices whole gr bread, 2 tomatoes sliced, miracle whip)
orange juice

jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #15  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hello ladies, hope everyone is doing great.

today: 1600

b: taco salad, no shell, no meat, black beans instead (yes, for breakfast) haha
s: wheat thins with 1 oz extra sharp cheddar
l: mexican pita pizza
s: homemade vegetable rice soup
d: seitan wings with 1 serv ranch

Last edited by lottie63; 09-15-2009 at 10:26 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote