Old 09-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - 9/14/9 - 9/20/9

New week!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #2  

Well, I decided that I'm going back to WW meetings. I found one in the next town over at noon on Tuesdays. Thats my day off, dd is in school -- I have no excuses! The scale is up once again. HOWEVER, I asked DH how his weight has been and he said recently he is up 5-8 pounds! So, either we are both mysteriously gaining or the scale is funky. I'm putting my hopes on the funky scale (I still have gained but not as much as the #s are showing). So after I go to WW tomorrow, I'm stopping at target and getting a new one.

Have a good day!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone:

I've been to spinning and am now off to the office. I hope everyone has a great day.

COCO, if you're lurking, this is a good week to come back on board!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a great weekend watching the golf playoffs.Going to be another day of rest,as I never liked Monday,like the song say "Monday and Rainy Days get me Down." Going to work on my food journal for the week,looking at my cook books and see if I can find new recipes & ones that are low in calories.

Forgot to get on the scale this morning,Leo had a bad day yesterday & this morning so we 're waiting for the doctor to call us back. Will W-I tomorrow.

PAULA-Thanks for starting us up,we 're going to have a nice week,as it going into the 70's so I guess I be adding salads to my menus & get my walking done, I might even go down to the beach and walk along there.

Best of luck going back to WW. My leader left and according to some of the woman I met, the replacement is a song & dance leader talking about herself and not how the program works.I get WW pamphlets in the mail to return but I find my way of counting calories/portion control working for me so why should I fix when not broken.

My scale[doctors scale] is off also,but it was too expensive to replace it.So I I take off the pounds its off.

RHONDA-Hi Have a great day also,I got to get back to spinning and find another exercise to keep me from getting bored.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I lost 3.2 today for a total of 39 pounds. I hope it's a real loss and not just because I'm sick. I have to go eat lunch and get ready for my hair appointment.

BBL.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #6  

Vickie...any loss is a REAL loss!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #7  

I hope everyone had a good day. I had to go to a university social event tonight, but I had only one glass of white wine and some chicken kabobs.

All is well here, hope so for you all too.

Rhonda
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #8  

Congrats Vickie!!! Excellent progress, you should be very proud.

well, once again a very busy Tuesday (what would I do if I had to work 5 days a week???). Already finished grocery shopping, dropped off a UPS package, hit the bank and cleaner/tailors. Now I'm off for a bike ride. I am not going to ww today -- I'm waiting for the WW site to email me back some information. I paid for the on line tools, if I join the monthly pass so I can go to meetings, I get the on line tools free. I don't want to double pay. I should hear from them today or tomorrow. So I'll go next Tuesday. I did perfect yesterday!!! I'm wondering if my wine at night is messing things up. So, I'll stop that for the next couple weeks and see where I end up. I do feel better about things today than over the weekend. Its awful how the numbers can really mess with you.

Well, I'm off for my ride, then to the farmers market, pick up dd at school and take her for her flu shot, then home for dinner and Karate tonight. I'll be back later this evening!

OH -- who would be up for a recipe challenge? See if over the next week or so we can all find one new recipe or pull out one we havent' tried in a long time. Then we can create a separate thread with reviews and recipes? Thoughts??? Being selfish, I need some new ideas!!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #9  

Hi:

Paula, I'd be in for a new recipes thread. It's going to be a hectic two weeks for me with the packing and moving, but I could give it a try.

I lost another .6 pounds. Very, very, very slow. My exercise teacher has lost 18 pounds since June and I'm going to have her look at my diet. I've lost 10 since May, but it's so painfully slow.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new, except I had my W-I this morning and I stayed the same.
not really happy with the results [haven't lost in two months ]so I'm thinking that I'm going to get off the high/low calorie counting and go back to the regular counting instead. While thinking about the change,I decided to take some spare time yesterday afternoon and did some homework checking out recipes from cookbooks that were easy to cook & had 200 c or less.Found lots of them,so next week I'm going back to calorie counting and use the new recipes. Going to see if WW calorie range of long ago will works for me by starting with 1300-1500/26-30pts.and work myself down 100 calories at a time.

VICKIE-Big congrats on your 3.2 weight loss.You're really doing fantastic on Jenny.

RHONDA-Hope you had a good time at your social last night. I haven't touch a glass of wine since Christmas. The only think I use the wine for is for making sauces.Congrats on your .6 weight loss

PAULA-Oh by all means you don't want to give ww a double payment.I didn't like the on line web site,so when I left WW I didn't feel bad losing that tool. Going to use my weight tonight when watching t.v. Speaking about TV the Biggest Loser Returned tonight on NBC at 8PM and going back to my biggest loser support board.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #11  

Maryann: I have had very little alcohol to drink in the last few months, but I am strongly considering just swearing off until Thanksgiving and seeing if that makes a difference.

When I was in Texas for two weeks I had only two glasses of wine for the entire time. I could do without it, I'm sure. To have it only now and again would also make it much more special when I do drink it.

Toronto is really a wine city, I'll tell you. It's everywhere, all the time...well, probably not at AA meetings

Rhonda
Old 09-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Here I am. The weather totally knocked my puter off line. I can't tell you how long I tried to get on here yesterday. Looks like you're all doing well. Paula, I include you in this list because you're going back to meetings. That's great.

I just have a second here as I'm due to pick up the granddaughters in a few minutes. Have a great day, all.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! Just poppin' in to say hi. Got lots to do. I'll try to check in later. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:26 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Man, you guys, this medicine is just not working. I still have all the pressure across my forehead, the ear is killing me and the gland is still big and sore and my ear is still ringing. I've had 5 doses of the medicine already and 5 left but it's not getting better yet at all. I'm such an impatient chick. Of course, the Doctor is not in tomorrow so I can't talk to him until Thursday afternoon. I don't want to call him if it's not an emergency and I don't even know if he's on call tomorrow.

Sigh. I went to bed but couldn't rest so I got up. I guess I'll surf for a while.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:03 AM   #15  

My goodness, Vickie. I hope that today brings some respite from the suffering.

I have lost another pound, so to heck with WI yesterday!

I'm having a facial today. I've only had about 3 of these in my life and I think I'm going to indulge a little more often as my skin is getting more coarse with age.

There's a lot of wonderful things about getting older, and I don't wish to be younger...but the change in the skin is not something to celebrate! Drat those hormones. I've got a book on how to take care of your skin using food products like oatmeal, honey, avocados, etc. but I'm headed for the chemicals today.

I hope you all have a great day.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 09-16-2009 at 05:04 AM.