Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default Snoring

I guess I was about 210lbs when I started snoring severely.

Its one of the first ways I can tell that I have lost a little weight. My snoring becomes slightly less bothersome. I've noticed in the 14 lbs that I've lost that my snoring has become slightly less bothersome.

It had seriously been affecting my marriage. Hubby couldn't sleep so I resorted to sleeping on the couch in the middle of the night until I finally grew tired of always having to get up and leave. So started sleeping on the couch full time. It was bringing us farther and farther apart.

I had been sleeping on the couch since January. Last month I grew tired of it. I was so tired of being cramped and only able to sleep in certain positions. I told my husband he was just going to have to put up with my snoring because I cant exactly help it. If I could turn it off I would. I bought him really good earplugs to wear a while back.

So he's been wearing the ear plugs and I'm back to sleeping with my husband again. We'll see how it works out.

Do any of you have a problem with snoring? How do you deal with it?
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Have you tried the breathe-right strips? Propping yourself with pillows to keep you from sleeping on your back? How about using Vapor-rub on your nose to keep your nostrils clear?
Consulting your doctor - they have lots of additional options/treatments available.

Last edited by CountingDown; 09-13-2009 at 10:05 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I use to snore really bad. I had sleep apnea. Since I have lost a significant amount of weight, my bf says I rarely snore at all now.

I hope everything works out for you on the snoring situation
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #4  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I snore, but I also have sleep apnea and sleep with a machine. So nice to finally get some good sleep. Would try the strips and of course, consult your doctor about it. Sleep apnea is more serious than just snoring.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #5  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I use the breathe right strips, I have an occlusal guard, I've done the vicks, propped pillows, and even sewed a tennis ball to the back of my pajamas. I've bought those expensive gimmicky things you see advertised on TV.

I've even had sinus surgery 4 years ago, I didn't have the surgery specifically to stop the snoring but the doctor did a procedure to help with it since I was having a problem with it. Since the surgery I have a different kind of snore sound.

I've done everything I can think of to help with it but nothing really has worked. I just wondered if it was all due to my excess weight closing off my airway. I wondered if some of you that have lost a significant amount of weight and it has greatly reduced your snoring, like in Onederchic's case.

I hope by losing weight my snoring will cease or at least be barely noticeable.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

When I reached my highest weight I just started snoring. It was one of those things that pushed me to lose the weight. I'm a VERY light sleeper so the feeling/sound of my own snoring would wake me up and I wasn't sleeping well anymore AT ALL.

I don't snore at all now. There's hope!

My husband on the other hand....

FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote