View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #38
ArkansasTOPS580
I've Lost 100 lbs so far!

S/C/G: 268/169/145

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Smile Food Lovers Fat Loss UPDATE

I saw the infomercial today and it sounds a whole lot like a diet I've been following for over a year. I am a member of a NON-PROFIT weightloss support group called TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). We promote using the exchange system as it is sensible and doesn't promote any specific diet but we don't discourage diet usage as long as they are sensible.

I use THE ZONE by Dr. Sears. It's a diet very simular to this plan on the infomercial. I eat 3 meals and two snacks and eat every 4 hours. It's designed to have 40 % carbs 30% fat and 30% protein. This guy is just trying to change the terms on a diet that has been around for 20 years or more. He's calling them slow and fast carbs etc. and feeding you ranch dressing for the fat you're required. I can tell you THE ZONE was designed for athletes but you can lose weight too. I know, cause I've lost 100 lbs since last July 11, 2008 with my support group to help me and with an exercise plan, too.

Zone books are common now at used book stores, Goodwill, and at the library. There's one called the food block book that helps, there's a cookbook, and there's a few different Zone books. Just google Dr. Sears to see all of the titles. They also have a specific website but I won't promote it or the TOPS website. Just google either one of them if you're interested.

TOPS has been around since 1939 or 40 I think. Cost is about $26 a year which goes to the headquarters for maintaining weight chart records and includes a monthly magazine subscription with inspirational stories of members. You can google that and it will come up.

Good luck on any diet you try but make sure it is one that you can live with forever. I can live with the ZONE forever.

Lisa
ArkansasTOPS580 is offline   Reply With Quote