Old 06-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default When exactly do you get the flex points?

I'm starting my 3rd week,and have not been told about flex points at all. I've been to several meetings during this time,to learn the system. Is it something that I get after a certain time being a member,or after I've lost a certain amount?

Last edited by choices; 06-21-2009 at 01:55 PM.
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #32  

Height: 5'4.5

this thread is great because i had the same question! i was OP (not eating weekly or AP's) and exercised 5 out of 7 days my friend who weighed less still lost more the first week eating every point in sight and not exercising haha. i felt a bit discouraged because i feel like there's a magic formula and i just haven't gotten it yet lol. this week i'm going try to eat the extra points and see how it affects the scale 0_0
losingitbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #33  

Height: 5'6

I think that especially when you start you should eat the flex points...as you lose you may need to adjust and not eat them all, but start out eating them and if you lose awesome! Eat more and still lose...by not eating them you may slow your metabolism and eventually make it harder to lose
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by choices View Post
I'm starting my 3rd week,and have not been told about flex points at all. I've been to several meetings during this time,to learn the system. Is it something that I get after a certain time being a member,or after I've lost a certain amount?
Hi, would like to know when the 35 flex points are offered. I've not been told about them and i'm into my 3rd.week. thanks..
Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #35  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choices View Post
Hi, would like to know when the 35 flex points are offered. I've not been told about them and i'm into my 3rd.week. thanks..
You can start using your 35 points immediately. You get one set each week, and use 'em or lose 'em! Have you been getting the weekly food tracker logs at your meetings? (ours are available for pickup at the weigh-in desk) Inside on the left side you'll see the 35 point boxes.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #36  

Many thanks LITCHICK..;o)for the reply. I didn't even notice those,and was given the journal w/o any direction other than to write down what I ate,and if I excercised. Choices
Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

i eat all mine. there's no way i could stay on WW without them, or i'd go crazy. i currently only get 20 points a day, and i just can't live like that forever.

i typically eat most to all of my activity points as well.
chrgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #38  

Height: 5'4"

The last time I was on WW I ate all of mine. I didn't exercise at all, and I lost weight. I also started lighter than I am now so I had fewer points to start out with each day. I only re-joined last week and I don't think I'll be using all of my Flex Points. I have found that I use about 2-3 per day. I am exercising now, and I plan not to touch my Activity Points at all. I circle them as I earn them so I can track my progress, but I see them as sort of an insurance policy in case I am underestimating the points I eat.

When I lose weight and consequently points, I will probably dip into my Flex Points a little more. Which I suppose means I'll end up eating as much as I do now (for a while anyway), but if my weight loss slows I'll deal with it at that point.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I find I lose more when I don't use my 35 flex points but most weeks I end up using them. I used to spread them out 5 per day. But lately I've been needing a splurge per week for my sanity. So I'll use a lot of them at the beginning of the week and stick to my daily points at the end.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

Wink Eating wpa's... what I'm doing.....

I am looking for permanent weight loss. I know that I am going about this the correct way because I am very sure that if I truly follow this Program I should get to goal.
This is an old thread with a new Program called Momentum. I'm giving it my all, not going to allow the scale to be an indicator of all progress because what I look like and how my clothes fit will definitely show far much more.

I'm on a focus very different than most. Say you took all scales away. Would you lose weight on Program? I know you would. Is that number all there is to weight loss? Nope.

This Program has a Questionnaire. My activity level is different everyday so I picked sedentary. I decided add 5 wpa's everyday. Use them all and don't make this a diet. Make it a lifestyle and keep an account on numbers spent but be choosy. Make sure the numbers fit in the day and that these meals are nutritious but include treats you really like.

The weight should come off and you should see results. I've lost 3.8 lbs last week with a switch from Core to Momentum w/points so yay for me to make the switch and also to accept whatever the scale sends my way because in a year and a half I should be hovering near goal.

Last edited by NurseChef; 07-21-2009 at 01:52 PM.
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #41  
Just starting

S/C/G: 235/182/140

Height: 5'3"

I never even get close to touching my extra points. Sometimes its hard enough to get in everything I planned on eating in the first place.
phatchick911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #42  
Never looking back...

S/C/G: 194/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I only used my flex points last week, and that's because I went out to dinner for a friend's birthday and then had a baby shower the next day. I still lost 0.8 lbs. I don't plan on touching them this week (like many others, I have trouble eating all my points to begin with), so we'll see how that goes. I have a feeling that as I lost points, I'll have to dig into my flex points stash.
MrsJerseyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 260/243.8/160 (High of 410)

Height: 5'7"

For me personally, I don't think I was given enough points. I added to them and have been losing ... and am a LOT happier! lol Sorry, but I enjoy food and want to be able to actually enjoy life ... not constantly deny myself. So yes, I would say use all your points if you've been losing successfully.
Babette is offline   Reply With Quote