Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default Have you ever?

Ate the majority of your calories (or points or whatever you do) at one sitting and then eat very light for the rest of the day?

I did this today. I ate lunch with my hubby, we ate at the Japanese steakhouse. I said that when I started counting calories, that nothing would be off limits for me. I love (love) the Japanese steakhouse. The good thing is it is very filling food for me. I had hibachi chicken and asked them to cook my food with no added butter, grease or oil. I ate half my meal. But I still had the white sauce, I love that stuff and could eat it on everything, but today I ate it in moderation.

I got home and figured up that I ate approximately 1000 calories in that one meal. But I'm ok with that. I'll just eat lighter fare later on for supper.

I'm glad that I was able to do this. Used to I'd freak out going to resturants when I was dieting. But now I just don't worry about it. I have a handy dandy little pocketbook calorie counter and since I know nothing is off limits if I plan for it, everything is cool.

I don't plan on making it a habit or anything, I'm just glad I can make the decision to do it or not. It's weird because for the first time in my life I feel like a normal eater.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

congrats! I do this too sometimes.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #3  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

PS. Now I gotta drink a lot more water to flush out all that sodium I just had. The bathroom and I will be friends tonight! lol
Old 09-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #4  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Not at one sitting, but yesterday I'd had 80% of my daily calories by 14:30. Made for a pretty light dinner!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I do the very odd time. I don't like the very full feeling I get when I do this but put up with it
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I try to, but usually I'm hungry again later and overeat. It's usually better for me to break up my meals into 3.

It's one thing I'm trying to learn, just stick within my calories and once they are eaten, ignore any hunger or cravings I get later.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #7  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I do this every now and then too, for special occasions/situations. It's nice to be able to do, but I try not to do it THAT often cos I don't like to do that to my metabolism.

But yeah, definitely nice to feel in control AND be able to enjoy now then!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #8  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

I also do it every once in awhile and usually it's at a restaurant. The nice thing is not using it as an excuse to binge the rest of the day, but to actually put it in my Fitday and plan the rest of my eating accordingly.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have not. If I eat something I haven't planned out for then I tend to get in the mindset of oh well, screw it, might as well keep eating so I just strive really hard to stay on whatever I have planned for the day. But this is just me.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #10  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Haha, I have almost the exact same story!!

Today is payday, and I joined my husband for lunch at a sushi place downtown. Now, I HATE sushi, but I like tempura... So I'm sitting here even as we speak planning out a light dinner!
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/198.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I do this at times....but I save my calories for dinner because that is when I'm really hungry or going out with friends...

Sample meal plan of this:
B:Egg white Omlete with no fat cheese - 100 cal
L: Nofat yogurt (100 cal), Soup (50-60 cal), Veggie plate (50 - 100 cal)
S: apple/peach (60-100)
D: 900 to 1400 cals available depending on what range I have set for the day
babybluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #12  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

I guess I probably should've said that I actually did plan to do this. lol

I forgot to add that in my first post.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

I definitely do better saving the calories for dinner than having the big meal at lunch. Leaves me hungry all day. Or, for example, eating a big ol' piece of BIRTHDAY CAKE for breakfast. That's just dumb. :-) But it tasted sooooooooooo good.

But I do it a lot if I'm making something high calorie for dinner for the girls or we're going out. Actually, I find I have to modify the day quite a bit even for our version of fast food - Subway. There's just so much bread with the sandwiches that I try to keep the grains really low the rest of the day. And while I love love love a salad for lunch, a salad for supper is iffy with me. First it may leave me hungry - I have no idea why - and sometimes that much raw stuff late in the day upsets my stomach. So no toast in the morning if I'm having Subway at night. I make an omlette or something to try to keep the carb load level for the day. I think I do better in the long run if I keep the carbs pretty steady. Probably because I can be such a carb-aholic if I'm not careful. 1/2 cup pasta? Jeez. I can eat half a pan!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #14  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I do it sometimes, sure... some days I am just ravenously hungry at one meal, and eat until I am am satisfied, then peck away as needed for the rest of the day. Other days I have planned outings where I want to enjoy my food, so I eat reasonable quantities of the stuff I want, track the calories, and continue right on as I did before. Sometimes on those days I do have to eat closer to my maintenance calories because I don't want to starve myself the rest of the day to stay within a budget, but it's no big deal. Food is a part of life for me, so I just manage it like anything else these days.

And yes, that is a HUGE victory for me
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/243.8/160 (High of 410)

I do this when planning special occasion dinners. Works out well for me.

Hugs,
Babette
Babette is offline   Reply With Quote