Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

Default Special K Challenge

Has anyone here ever successfully lost weight off the Special K Challenge? Just curious!
leviedeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

The right question is - has anyone lost weight with the Special K Challenge and then kept the weight off?

I tried this many years ago. I just don't find Special K very filling so I would eat a bowl for breakfast, then be ravenous by lunch. Special K is low calorie, but it's not chock full of nutrition. I think I stuck to it for about a week, I can't remember if I actually lost any weight.

I do much better now with my current 200 calorie breakfast - I like Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with sliced berries. I am more satisfied by the protein in the Greek yogurt and the fresh berries have vital nutrients to make me a healthier person!

Last edited by Glory87; 09-08-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

That's very true, Glory. I'm doing okay so far. A bowl of cereal and fruit or a slice of toast to go with. I have a fairly late lunch and that tides me over until a late bowl of cereal. Very true that it doesn't fill you up though. I find myself snacking and chugging water to keep my stomach from growling.
leviedeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I also tried the special k diet bout a year ago. I couldn't believe it but I had actually lost 8 pounds on it but....I don't think I was consuming enough calories and when I went off the diet because I saw that all those cereals had high fructose corn syrup in them....I gained the 8 pounds back plus 5 more. I also have problems with overeating and bingeing so I think I was doomed from the beginning with that diet. Now I try to drink a slimfast or 2 a day but I don't stick to that diet real strictly either. I mostly trying to just eat lots and lots of fruits and veggies as well as foods with lots of protein and fiber. We shall see where that will get me....good luck everyone!

Danielle
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

The Special K diet is one of my pet peeves (and I really like Special K, too!).

If all you ate was a single serving of ANY cold cereal and milk for two meals a day, you would lose weight. (Plus they recommend a few pieces of fruit, I think.) I mean, I could eat a serving of Lucky Charms twice a day and get the same result. The problem is, a single serving of cold cereal is TINY. So there's nothing to this diet except really cutting back on your calories. And cutting back calories has nothing to do with Special K itself.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

That is exactly what it is Rebound. This is why so many people are not succesful long term on the Special K diet. Most people can't stick with such extreme calorie deprivation for very long and when it finally gets to them they generally go too far in the other direction and it all comes back and then some. Then there are all the nutrients people are missing out on by 2 of their meals each day not being full, healthy meals. Even if someone could handle the calorie restriction long enough to lose all the weight they wanted to they would still not be truly healthy due to a lack of appropriate vitamins and minerals that are gotten through a diet that has a large variety of foods. It is just not healthy. Special K products can be great as part of a diet plan (I use many special k things), but they should not be almost all of the diet. I hate this kind of diet plan - it rarely works and when it does you are just exchanging one health issue for another.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/224/195

Height: 5''

I get those water mixes and will mix with water between lunch and dinner. It helps with the whole drinking something of a different taste (I could be a fish) but then again it could be all pyschological. There are times were I won't use a mix packet and be fine (go will power!)
MarySnidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #8  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
The Special K diet is one of my pet peeves (and I really like Special K, too!).

If all you ate was a single serving of ANY cold cereal and milk for two meals a day, you would lose weight. (Plus they recommend a few pieces of fruit, I think.) I mean, I could eat a serving of Lucky Charms twice a day and get the same result. The problem is, a single serving of cold cereal is TINY. So there's nothing to this diet except really cutting back on your calories. And cutting back calories has nothing to do with Special K itself.
^this^

she took the words right out of my mouth!!

Last edited by juliastl27; 09-13-2009 at 11:29 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote