Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 02:11 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of November 24, 2002

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the new server! Hope everyone makes it here OK!

It's a lazy Sunday around here, I have to shower and go get thank you notes today!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 11-24-2002, 06:32 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! Whew, what a day. We played 9 holes of par 3 golf (most of which required 5 or more strokes for me!!) with a friend, then we all went shopping. On our way home DH decided he wanted to hit one more mall hoping to finish up the list!! I am exhausted. I had to lean against the wall to take a shower.

Yesterday I bought my first maternity tops. I needed something to wear to MIL for Tday. Motherhood did have good prices. I got three t-shirts and this nice dressy blouse, some drawers and a nursing bra for $97.00. I wasn't planning on spending quite that much, but hopefully I won't need much more than that. I really need pants but I didn't like anything there. Maybe I will go to Sears and just buy bigger sizes in stretchy pants. Is there any reason to have to buy maternity ones?

Lauren: Hope you had a nice time writing Thank yous!!

Hope everyone is having a super great weekend.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:49 PM   #3  
LBH

Hey Karen- I said the same thing the first time I came out of Motherhood!! Then I ended up back there not that long ago to get some more stuff. No, there's no reason you can't just wear stretch pants, but eventually, if you seem to only be gaining in your stomach, like me, you'll need actual maternity pants. I still have a couple pairs of sweats and some pull on pants that fit, but my leggings are kind of uncomfortable now, they cut too much. I also just started wearing the maternity undies. God bless you that you can still walk that much!! I went to the mall today, after I bought the thank yous, and I have to stop every 10-15 min. to sit down and rest my lower back. DH did the hand held massager on my tail bone when I came home. That felt really good. We decided we will probably need to bring that to the hospital.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:30 PM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

HEllo all!!! THe most wonderful thing happened yesterday!!! I bought some wine for a Christmas gift and got carded!!! Yeah!!!Almost 40y/o and 36weeks pg and she needed an ID!!!!!!!

Ok--I am brave..If u would like to witness a big round stomach...it is posted at www.growthspurts.com Then go to "locate a child" type in Kaylee and she is the only Kaylee Victoria dated 12/13/02(guessing her due date!!!!) I had my appointment...All is well..We are doing a biophysical profile(1 hr sonagram) which will determine her size, my pelvic size and will allow us to plan an induction or a c-section...soo after Dec 6th, I should have a birth plan established...I am looking forward to MIL comming Dec 4th to help with step kids to allow me and DH time to get to the hospital without looking for babysitters in the night!!!I have to say, being pg mostly in the summer was cheap!!!! Shorts and big T-shirts..No parties or dresses to plan for!!!!Motherhoods prices are nice!!!!

Ok..enough maternity!!!!! Have a great Thankgiving week!!!!
RR
Old 11-24-2002, 09:22 PM   #5  

Hello again.... Just surfing around tonight.

Lauren: Well, I am only 17 wks!! Don't think I didn't sit down every opportunity I got. It wasn't too bad during the golf, but the mall was torture. I came home and took a shower to let the water hit on my back. It helped some. Then I crashed on the couch for about an hour. I like to lay on my stomach and still can on the couch and it really helps the back. I have a feeling I won't be able to do it much longer. . I don't know how I'll help the back then.

RR: Those pictures are WONDERFUL!!! An hour long sonogram? I haven't heard about that one yet.

I got DH a book tonight called "So you are going to be a Dad". I started reading it to him and it's really a good book. Especially since we are in the Not Expecting This!! category!!

OK, enough chatter!!! I think I'm on a surgar high.........dinner was cream of wheat and 2 glasses of juice!!
Old 11-25-2002, 06:26 AM   #6  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!Hmmmm...is this the 30-Something Pg board????Where is everyone!!!! Well, I am up..get to go to work at 7:30-5 like a normal person now!!!!Just today..but anything helps when it is more sit down!!!! I am trying to concentrate on limited servings and no desserts on Thursday...We have a Thanksgiving feast at work today soo I am in for a challenge!!!
Good luck to everyone!!!!
RR
Old 11-25-2002, 10:26 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

RR- LOL, congrats on being carded!! I can't view the page?! I click the link, then click on Locate a Child, then type in Kaylee for Child ID, and hit enter, or click View. It just brings me to a blank page, and says Done down on the bottom. I tried Kaylee Victoria. Is there a password??

Karen- I start out on my side, but almost every night I wake up on my stomach! It's starting to get uncomfortable now, the past couple weeks, so you never know, you may last awhile yet! I was looking at that book in the bookstore yesterday, but they were closing so I couldn't buy anything.

Where is everyone?! Have a great day all!!
Old 11-25-2002, 02:06 PM   #8  

HI all! I am back.

Gosh is it good to be home! My sister is doing well. It is crazy here, but I'm sure I'll get caught up eventually.

I came home to a mess from my painter though. I took one look at my ceilings and burst into tears. She did a horrible awful job. It will all have to be redone. She is not returning our calls and when I finally did get ahold of her she pretended to be her sister! Lots of integrity there, huh? She totally took advantage of me and ripped me off. I trusted her and this really hurt. Well, enough about that!

Hope everyone is doing well here. I don't think I'll have time to read all the things I missed, so I'll just pick up from here.

I'm thinking of rejoining WW next week. I haven't been in so long.

gotta run.

Rabbit
Old 11-25-2002, 02:11 PM   #9  
LBH

Hi Rabbit, good to see you back! So glad to hear your sister is doing well!! Sorry to hear about the painter...what a loser. How did you find her to begin with, was it a personal recommendation? Maybe you could talk to that person and eventually get your money back or something? I wouldn't want her to redo it or anything. I would threaten to take her to small claims court, if you can get her on the phone. That might scare her into refunding your money.

Anyway, glad to have you back!
Old 11-25-2002, 03:50 PM   #10  

Hi all!! Having a yucky stomach day today. I had leftover General Tso's for lunch. I didn't want it when it came on Sat, so I took it today. I should've listened to the instinct from Sat. It has killed me all afternoon. Ugh. There's one good thing that being pg has done for me. I'm no longer interested in afternoon snacks and I've seriously cut down on how much I eat. Thank goodness for small favors. Now if I could just wean myself from juice to plain water I would be doing better...................... Maybe I will get through this pg without gaining too much weight.

Lauren: I really like the dad book. I hope DH will finish reading it. He says he will. We'll see.

RR: I don't know how you do it on a regular basis. I think it should be illegal to have to get out of bed before the sun is up. I hate driving to work in the dark, but I love getting home early!!

Rabbit: I'm so glad that your sister is better and that you are back with us. Yucks on the painter though!! Some people have no ethics about them. Take out an ad in the local paper with pictures of her work. That way other people will know what they are getting into. Hmmm, after reading over that, maybe the pg hormones are a little out of whack right now!! I'm sounding a little vicious!! (Still sounds good to me though!)

Have a super great evening.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:50 AM   #11  

A quick hello and goodbye.
Rabbit: That sounds like something that would happen to me. I'm sorry about the paint job - tell everyone!!

RR: by the time I get back, you may have your little one here!!

Take care everyone, see you around the 10th of Dec. We're headed out tonight for my moms to drop the boys off and then driving to Cincinnati (set up for the show is Thanksgiving Day) after Cincinnati we'll go to Columbus. We'll have a few days off between shows to just kick around OH. They boys are so excited that they'll be at grandma's for that long.

Bye and Happy Tday! (we'll be having dinner in the hotel bar that day) - jul
Old 11-26-2002, 09:21 AM   #12  
LBH

Have a great thanksgiving Jul!!
Old 11-26-2002, 01:23 PM   #13  

Hi all!!
I'm here lurking but having a hard time with the posting. I'm still exercising in the morning but not doing so well with the eating. Oh well. A few more weeks and I will be 110% motivated and the weight will just start coming off again.

Jul, good luck with your shows. Make the best of the holiday. Just think -- no cooking, cleaning or family stress for you.

KK, sorry about the lunch not agreeing. I hope you're feeling better now.

Rabbit, about your sis doing better. about the painter. That's terrible and you were so looking forward to everything being done. I hope you can get it fixed soon.

RR, I hope you managed well on your luncheon choices. I'm trying to save up so I can out on thanksgiving. BTW, you look beautiful in your pics!!

LBH, I'm here enjoying reading about you mommies. So what's the due dates for the three of you guys again?? I can't keep everyone straight since so many people are having babies these days.

Since I probably won't post again until after the holidays -- Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! Enjoy yourself and your time with your friends and family. We have so much to be thankful for!
Old 11-26-2002, 02:17 PM   #14  

hello.

I've been making fudge, peanut butter fudge and next comes fudgy mint brownies to take to Thanksgiving.

It's great to have ds home this week! I even got him to watch a Christmas movie with me.

Lauren - No I sure don't ever want her back in my house again. I've got to find someone new to fix it. I found her ad in the paper and then interviewed her and called her references. Maybe I ought to call those people back and tell them what she did to me?? - I'm taking pictures and we are sending her a regisitered letter asking for our money back. And we're turning her into the Better Business Bureau. And you're right, there's always the threat of small claims court. (too bad ds is not through law school yet!!)

Karen - my sister said the same thing about putting pictures in the paper!

Jul - I probably missed you but have a great trip and happy Thanksgiving.

Liz - I was so looking forward to it, I think that's why it hit me so hard.

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon until Friday to visit dh's family. So I'll check in when I can.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

Rabbit
Old 11-26-2002, 03:34 PM   #15  
LBH

OK, I'm getting really frustrated that I can't view Vicki's pics!! Someone please tell me what to do!! I click on the link in Vicki's post, then I click Locate a Child, then I type in Kaylee and click View, or hit enter (I've tried both ways!!) It goes to a blank page and says done down on the lower left corner of the IE screen. What am I doing wrong?!

Rabbit- Stay away from that fudge!! I don't know how you can stand having it around!! Glad you're reporting her and calling her refs back. Have a great T-day!

Liz- Good to see you! Hope your motivation comes back soon. I'm due 1/17/03... that's 7w2d away!! Have a great T-day!!

I have an appt. with my midwife tonight after work...hopefully I can convince her the gain is because my appts. are usually in the AM, and this is PM!!
Closed Thread