Old 09-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/177/150

Height: 5'11

Question Don't want to eat all the Food

Hi MRC members,

Today is day 17 for me on the MRC Meta-Slim program. I have lost 6 pounds.

I am struggling with wanting to eat all the food.

Breakfast is fine, it is mainly the lunch and dinner vegtables that I don't want to eat.

I could prefer to have the meal replacement shakes for lunch and dinner actually.

Questions: Will I loose slower if I am not eating all the food? If I have more then the 3 meal replacment shakes a week will I loss slower? What suggestions do you have? Should I force myself to eat all the food?

Last edited by Bath Sky; 09-11-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Bath Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Have you tried eating the 4oz. of cooked vegetables instead of a huge pile of featherweight lettuce than amounts to 8 oz?

I remember feeling that way too and just munching my way through it even though it was rather flavorless. Now I buy the steamed vegetables and I love them.

You are supposed to eat them. Add some radishes and cucumbers and you'll have a smaller quantity of vegetables to eat.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #3  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I know what you are going through. I'm newer than you and I discovered that sliced tomatoes and cucumbers alone add up to the perfect 8 oz amount. Not too many and you can quickly eat them rather than feeling like you are eating salad for an eternity. I learned on these forms that cucumbers are your friend, they help with the weight.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #4  

Thanks for the suggestions.
I have been eating alot of cucumbers !

I just wondered how big a deal it was if I wasn't eating all the food and if having more then 3 meal replacment shakes in a week is will have a significant or slight effect on my weight loss.

Last edited by Bath Sky; 09-11-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

you are on on such a reduced calorie diet that i think it is VERY important that you eat every calorie they allow you to have!! Dont know anything bout the meal replacement shakes...
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/214/150

I have been on the diet for 3 weeks and I don't think I have ever eaten 6 oz of protein and 8 oz of veggies at one sitting and lets not forget about the fruit either. I have complained to my counselor that this is way to much food and I actually feel uncomfortable when I was done eating. She said in order for me to loose the weight I have to eat it, and she right I'm down 10 pounds!

I did some research last week and found all the recipes that everyone was so kind to put on the board. I found that using cottage cheese (which I don't like) and turning it into a ranch dressing ( which i do like) I can cut down on the protein (chicken) so I can eat 4 oz of protein and 1/4 cup (2 oz) of cottage cheese along with a small salad with cucumbers and tomatoes works for me. There are a lot of great ideas out there on how to get in your needed portions by some of the members who have been doing this for a while. Thanks ladies...
kimtpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Some days it is hard for me to get all the food down too, but I do it because I want to lose the fat and not my muscle so it is pretty important. Also by eating the meals as opposed to the meal replacement stuff, it teaches portion control which is pretty important.. There is a reason for everything they ask of us..

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I bought the meal replacement shakes last week because I've been struggling greatly with eating dinner some nights. They have been a Godsend. I wouldn't recommend drinking more than 3 a week; there's a reason they give us a limit on bars, shakes, and creamies.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

I talked with a counselor about this and she said that the meals are metabolically structured to burn 500 cal each while only providing around 300. The veggies give us additional fiber, essential vitamins and bulk so we don't get hungry.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #10  

Thank for all the suggestions and ideas. I will try to put more effort into my meal planning this week.