Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Thanksgiving is almost here, so how do you going to do with TG dinner?
I plan on staying 100% OP 7 21.21%
I plan to have one small indiscretion 4 12.12%
I plan on having a little of whatever I want 13 39.39%
I plan on throwing all caution to the wind, but get right back on track after 4 12.12%
I may turn TG into a 4-day Olympic eating event! 1 3.03%
Can you send me the wagon come Monday? No, not Friday, MONDAY! 0 0%
I may end up looking like a stuffed holiday turkey-HELP! 0 0%
I started my holiday eating when Halloween rolled around--HELP! 1 3.03%
Other (like Canadian) 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 05:01 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/25-12/1

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=22245

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 11-25-2002, 05:19 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, the first is a repeat of the one posted last year during Thanksgiving week:

LET YOUR BLESSINGS COMPEL YOU

Some of the biggest, most positive and enduring accomplishments are the result of small efforts repeated again and again. There is enormous, nearly unstoppable power in those small efforts when they're focused consistently in the same direction.

Tiny, soft water droplets will eventually wear smooth the hardest of stones. So too will small, positive efforts eventually yield big and valuable results.

Your thoughts and actions in the smallest, most seemingly insignificant moments truly matter. They matter very much more than they would seem. For it is in those small, ordinary moments that extraordinary accomplishments are built. It is in the actual living that a life of distinction, success and fulfillment is achieved.

Though you may only move a few inches at a time, those small steps, taken one after another, will eventually put you miles and miles ahead. See the value and real opportunity in each small moment, because those small moments are indeed what combine to make a big and magnificent life.

-- Ralph Marston

STICK IT OUT

Most of the limitations you experience are largely defined, supported and given energy by your own perceptions. Change those perceptions, genuinely raise your expectations, and the limitations will begin to melt away.

The experience of limitation is only one way, out of many possible ways you have, for relating to a particular situation. You are always free to make another choice, to relate to your circumstances in a more positive, empowering way.

Though one approach may be blocked, it is only one of many possible approaches. Limitations are always finite, yet the number of positive possibilities is unlimited.

Whatever is holding you back is doing so because you have accepted it as something that's holding you back. Imagine what would happen if you accepted, with just as much certainty, the very real possibility of moving forward.

Are you looking at the world through the fog of limitation or are you seeing the bright, shining clarity of your best possibilities? The way you choose to perceive where you are can make a world of difference in where you end up going.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a great THANKSGIVING week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-25-2002, 05:36 AM   #3  

I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Old 11-25-2002, 06:08 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

I've been up and out of bed since 4:30am, waking up at 4am. This is the second day in a row at the same exact time. I can't get myself back to sleep! ARGGGHHH!

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend and are looking forward to this Thanksgiving week SUZANNE moved the board to a new server. I e-mailed everyone to notify them about the move and how things posted on the board may disappear, esp. on Saturday. If you did NOT get an e-mail from me then you aren't on the BIO BOARD or on my e-mail list and it's not intentional. If you'd like to be notified about the board when things arise send me your e-mail to put on my list @ [email protected].

I had a wonderful day yesterday! I finally got to meet DENISE! Not only did I get to meet her, but also her DD Amber, her DB Gary and Gary's brother. Of course, we met at OLE OLE! Had a terrific lunch, as usual, with the salsa bowls littering the table in the interm. Just as always, meeting another gal from the board has been a wonderful experience and DENISE is a wonderful person which I know as those of you who will have the opportunity to meet her as well one day, will like her just as much as I do. Even before I met her I liked her, then upon meeting her, liked her even more so

After lunch and lots of gabbing we just ran around up in Broward. Gary and his brother left and DENISE & AMBER came with us in our car and went to a few stores, not to mention a stop at the local Starbucks! We thought about going to a movie but I think between DENISE & I are arses were both dragging from lack of sleep, we probably would of fallen asleep in the movie! I rarely drink coffee, but for the first time in my life I had 2 cups yesterday and niether of them seemed to help!

DENISE, I really enjoyed meeting you (Amber, Gary and his brother) yesterday! I know we didn't do anything special, but just finally getting the chance to meet you, spend some time with you, that was a great day as far as I'm concerned. I hope we can get together more often, esp. since we live not too far. You are a wonderful person. AMBER is a doll, really. I think my kids would love to meet her. GARY is a nice guy and you can see he cares about you very much. I hope that ring appears for you soon!!! Talk to you soon!

MELF, glad we were able to talk on the phone. I'll search the web for some fares for January for you and let you know what I may be able to find.

THUNDER, welcome back! I'm sure you'll get back on track, you just have to get focused and come on the board as much as you can for the support that we're all ready to give

Well gals, I know this week is truly the beginning of the holiday rush and I know many of you are going to be busy from here on, more so than usual. PLEASE try your hardest to stay connected to the board, even if it's just a quickie. With past experience over the years I know we will lose some of you, if not just during the holiday season, possibly for good which usually happens with a major falling off the wagon and in to deep dark holes. I hope we, as a group, can avoid this this year and not lose anyone. Staying connected to the board in some capacity, even the smallest, will help you stay OP to some degree or at least get back on track ASAP.

Gotta run and get ready to get the kids off to school. Will check in later!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-25-2002, 08:12 AM   #5  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Just running thru.....

Morning All!

Had a so-so weekend. Ate way too much, some of it illegal. Like half a jar of beets! (I love beets). DH got himself some chips and I had too many of those too. I'm lucky cause this morning the scale is at 167 down from the 170 of yesterday.

I'll try to breeze back onto the board later with a few replies. Just wanted to share this article that helped explain those mysterious "gains" and why the scale can fluctuate so much. Hope you guys find it interesting.

Why The Scale Lies...

We've been told over an over again that daily weighing is unnecessary, yet many of us can't resist peeking at that number every morning. If you just can't bring yourself to toss the scale in the trash, you should definitely familiarize yourself with the

A single teaspoon of salt contains over 2,000 mg of sodium. Generally, we should only eat between 1,000 and 3,000 mg of sodium a day, so it's easy to go overboard. Sodium is a sneaky substance. You would expect it to be most highly concentrated in salty chips, nuts, and crackers. However, a food doesn't have to taste salty to be loaded with sodium. A half cup of instant pudding actually contains nearly four times as much sodium as an ounce of salted nuts, 460 mg in the pudding versus 123 mg in the nuts. The more highly processed a food is, the more likely it is to have a high sodium content.

That's why, when it comes to eating, it's wise to stick mainly to the basics: fruits, vegetables, lean meat, beans, and whole grains. Be sure to read the labels on canned foods, boxed mixes, and frozen dinners. Women may also retain several pounds of water prior to menstruation. This is very common and the weight will likely disappear as quickly as it arrives. Pre-menstrual water-weight gain can be minimized by drinking plenty of water, maintaining an exercise program, and keeping high-sodium processed foods to a minimum.

Another factor that can influence the scale is glycogen. Think of glycogen as a fuel tank full of stored carbohydrate. Some glycogen is stored in the liver and some is stored the muscles themselves. This energy reserve weighs more than a pound and it's packaged with 3-4 pounds of water when it's stored. Your glycogen supply will shrink during the day if you fail to take in enough carbohydrates. As the glycogen supply shrinks you will experience a small imperceptible increase in appetite and your body will restore this fuel reserve along with it's associated water. It's normal to experience glycogen and water weight shifts of up to 2 pounds per day even with no changes in your calorie intake or activity level. These fluctuations have nothing to do with fat loss, although they can make for some unnecessarily dramatic weigh-ins if you're prone to obsessing over the number on the scale.

Otherwise rational people also tend to forget about the actual weight of the food they eat. For this reason, it's wise to weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you've had anything to eat or drink. Swallowing a bunch of food before you step on the scale is no different than putting a bunch of rocks in your pocket. The 5 pounds that you gain right after a huge dinner is not fat. It's the actual weight of everything you've had to eat and drink. The added weight of the meal will be gone several hours later when you've finished digesting it.

Exercise physiologists tell us that in order to store one pound of fat, you need to eat 3,500 calories more than your body is able to burn. In other words, to actually store the above dinner as 5 pounds of fat, it would have to contain a whopping 17,500 calories. This is not likely, in fact it's not humanly possible. So when the scale goes up 3 or 4 pounds overnight, rest easy, it's likely to be water, glycogen, and the weight of your dinner. Keep in mind that the 3,500 calorie rule works in reverse also. In order to lose one pound of fat you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in. Generally, it's only possible to lose 1-2 pounds of fat per week. When you follow a very low calorie diet that causes your weight to drop 10 pounds in 7 days, it's physically impossible for all of that to be fat. What you're really losing is water, glycogen, and muscle.

This brings us to the scale's sneakiest attribute. It doesn't just weigh fat. It weighs muscle, bone, water, internal organs and all. When you lose "weight," that doesn't necessarily mean that you've lost fat. In fact, the scale has no way of telling you what you've lost (or gained). Losing muscle is nothing to celebrate. Muscle is a metabolically active tissue. The more muscle you have the more calories your body burns, even when you're just sitting around. That's one reason why a fit, active person is able to eat considerably more food than the dieter who is unwittingly destroying muscle tissue.

Robin Landis, author of "Body Fueling," compares fat and muscles to feathers and gold. One pound of fat is like a big fluffy, lumpy bunch of feathers, and one pound of muscle is small and valuable like a piece of gold. Obviously, you want to lose the dumpy, bulky feathers and keep the sleek beautiful gold. The problem with the scale is that it doesn't differentiate between the two. It can't tell you how much of your total body weight is lean tissue and how much is fat. There are several other measuring techniques that can accomplish this, although they vary in convenience, accuracy, and cost. Skin-fold calipers pinch and measure fat folds at various locations on the body, hydrostatic (or underwater) weighing involves exhaling all of the air from your lungs before being lowered into a tank of water, and bioelectrical impedance measures the degree to which your body fat impedes a mild electrical current. If the thought of being pinched, dunked, or gently zapped just doesn't appeal to you, don't worry. The best measurement tool of all turns out to be your very own eyes. How do you look? How do you feel? How do your clothes fit? Are your rings looser? Do your muscles feel firmer? These are the true measurements of success. If you are exercising and eating right, don't be discouraged by a small gain on the scale. Fluctuations are perfectly normal. Expect them to happen and take them in stride. It's a matter of mind over scale.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:23 AM   #6  

Default THANKSGIVING HUMOR

He Laid Her On The Table

He laid her on the table,
So white, clean and bare.
His forehead wet with beads of sweat,
He rubbed her here and there.

He touched her neck and then her breast,
And then, drooling, felt her thigh.
The slit was wet and all was set,
He gave a joyous cry.

The hole was wide...he looked inside,
All was dark and murky.
He rubbed his hands and stretched out his arms,
And then ...........

......he stuffed the turkey!

SOLSHINE sent me this one:

"Twas the night of Thanksgiving
But I just couldn't sleep,
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned-
The dark meat and white
But I fought the temptation
With all of my might.

Tossing and turning,
with anticipation,
The thought of a snack,
Became infatuation.

So, I raced to the kitchen,
Flung open the door,
And gazed at the fridge,
Full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey,
And buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots,
Beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling,
So plump and so round,
'til all of a sudden,
I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling,
Floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding,
And a handful of pie.

But, I manage to yell,
As I soared past the trees...
"Happy eating to all-
Pass the cranberries, please".

May your stuffing be tasty,
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes 'n gravy,
Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious,
May your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner,
Stay off of your thighs.

Got in my 4.5 miles this morning. Was hard due to my lack of sleep as of late and still not totally over this cold, but out I went and it wan't too bad of a time, 50:40.

Don't have too much planned today, cleaning, that's about it. I have cousins in from MD that may come to spend the night Friday night, so will have to tidy up for that. Basically I guess I'll just see what I need as far as supplies go for what I'm taking to my family on TG day and go to the store today to beat the crowds.

I am totally back on track, 100%! I made it through those first 3 days and it feels great!

ZANNE, I've posted that before but it's always welcome to be posted time and time again. It's actually on the RECOMMENDED READING BOARD, I believe. Very true! Beets??? OMG, if I'm going to cheat it sure wouldn't be on beets! Beets??? LOL!!

Okay, I'm outta here for now-check in later!

Deb
Old 11-25-2002, 09:33 AM   #7  

Good Morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I was too busy for someone who is supposed to be spending two more weeks in a vegetative state. I went shopping, and cooked on Saturday, then watched a movie with my married daughter. (It was called A Clandestine Marriage and was pretty cute) Yesterday was the big Thanksgiving breakfast at church. I slept yesterday afternoon, and slept late this morning, and I feel pretty good! I intend to take it easy, but I am trying to work in some activities so I am not totally weak and useless once I am off restricted activity.

My eating has been so so. I did great at the breakfast, yesterday. I am eating too many starchy carbs, so starting today, I am going to try and avoid having any for a few days and see how that goes. Instead, I am going to concentrate on eating protein, veggies, and fruits.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-25-2002, 09:48 AM   #8  
Goddess

Thumbs down Monday, Monday

Hello all

A great big WAR EAGLE! to all! yesssiree--it was Auburn-Alabama weekend--and Auburn just rolled right over the Tide! Couldn't have been better.

BOB--See--IT WORKED! I know it killed you to mutter those words, but the end result was worth it. Couldn't have done it without you!

ALSO my NC STATE beat Fla State for the second year in a row! Gator--We've gotten them beaten and brusied for you--have your way with them seminoles!

Today I've got to get ready to go to Wilmington tomorrow. Got to change the oil in the car, go buy pecans, wash, pack, convince the kitty she won't die in the car--oh yes, at some point I need to work today. Sheesh.

I can't wait to get on the road. Unfortunatly I slept wrong the other night and my lower back has stiffened up and won't unkink! Today is the day I really need that massage. I am getting an hour of foot reflexology done at noon today. I still had some money left on my gift certificate after the massage, so in honor of the shopping marathon on Friday, I'm getting my feet into shape today!

I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving--and an OP one! Turkey is a wonderful SB food. Dry some SGWW bread and break it into pieces and you have the basis for a fine dressing (add some celery, onions, butter, sage, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and turkey stock--I also throw some oysters into mine, but that's optional). Some veggies--at my house it is brocolli with cheese sauce. For dessert whip up some of Deb's crustless cheesecake--or I will make an apple pie sweetened with Agave in a SGWW crust (the recipe is on the Hodgson Mills website)--YUM YUM YUM! Oh yes--and don't forget the sweettaters!

Christmas may be hard with everyone throwing sweets at us--but Thanksgiving is a good SB holiday!!!!!!!

Deb--I'm glad you got to meet Denise this weekend. I'm not sure if I will be able to make the Disner World weekend. I want to, but now that I've gone back to work at the church--I'm working on Sundays now. I've got to take the 19th off in order to get ready for our state's inaugural fesitivites on the 20th. So I'm not sure I can do two in Jan--but I'm gonna work on it! If I can find a really really cheat ticket I might try to come Fri morning and leave Saturday.

Zanne--Beets? OK I have to admit that one's not hard for my to stay away from! I do pretty well until I go to church--then everyone is always pushing sweets--they bake and bring it to the church office--and they get so offended when you don't eat it. I'm thinking seriously about positing the verse from Romans that says it is not good to do anything that makes your brother or sister stumble! HA!

Have a good day everyone. I'll try to check in while I'm in NC--but have a good Thanksgiving everyone!

Susan
Old 11-25-2002, 09:56 AM   #9  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Another Quickie

Ok, I have a few minutes to reply to a few of you, then back to the school for my interview with the teacher. Really, I should be doing laundry or something instead of being here, but here is more fun!

DEBELLI--Guess that shows how much I read the Recommended Reading Board Thanks for you MM. They're so true. I think I'll copy out those poems and just change "Thanksgiving" to "Christmas"I'm glad you're feeling better now. I'm with you on the not getting enough sleep thing. Too bad I don't live near you--we could go for our walk together at 4:30am

MONET--Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Just don't OVERDO it.

THUNDER--Welcome back to the board. You know you'll get all the help and encouragement you'll need here. Just take it one meal at a time. Maybe set yourself some small goals as looking at the big picture is sometimes too overwhelming.

JACKK--The hummus at the store is no where near as good as DEB'S HUMMUS. The bus thing was scary, but it was so fast and put me in a bit of shock that I didn't think to get the bus # till it was too late. The ice rink--None of us are real skaters! Hubby doesn't own skates (yet), I hate my girly skates that I've had for 20 years (I trip on the toe picks) and DS hated his one time on bob-skates. Hopefully we'll get a rink all froze up so we can "improve" ourselves

BOB--Glad you had fun with Baby Jay and family. Our fire is a-blazing! I actually LIKE winter! I had heard it was cold in Florida. My inlaws arrived in West Palm Beach a week ago and complained it was 60 at night.

SEF--Gosh, you are so organized and sooooo busy! I only toasted up one pita bread to see if I would like the oregano on it. Silly me never thought to stick the extra in the freezer! Thanks for the tip.

I gotta get and make myself presentable for the teacher.

EVERYONE have a GREAT SB day!
Old 11-25-2002, 10:03 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

The sun is shining and it's still wonderful outside. The front hasn't gotten here yet. I hope everyone had a super weekend. I never did ear right yesterday..mostly just nibbles so I am starving this morning. Can't think of anything I really want for breakfast though..ugh. I've been laying in bed thinking of all the cooking coming up for Thanksgiving. All the goodies that I won't get to eat. I was gonna make the mac and cheese with whole wheat but they don't sell it here in my town and I didn't make it to a bigger town....but I'm sure my family will be glad because they love it the traditional way...all gooey with cheese.

Robert got his first deer last night. So we spent a couple of hours getting it ready for the freezer. I did have a taste of the backstrap...delicious. I wanted to dive head first into the milk gravy but I had restraint....LOL

Loved the article Zanne . It really helps to keep things in perspective.

Deb Awesome getting back OP and getting out this morning. Sounds like you and Denise had a nice visit. Did ya'll take any pictures? Mom and I went to Starbucks the other day and it was a disaster. There were like a million things to order. I had no idea what was caffine and sugar free and the guys working there couldn't help me. Might be because we went through the drive though. Is there anything you can recommend other than plain coffee?

Susan Praying that back unkinks and you have a pleasant drive. Your Thanksgiving plans sound yummy.

Monet Woman...you'd better not over do and get back under the weather. ((hugzz))

Wendy and Sabrina!!!! How are you two doing?

Love and hugs to everybody!!!!!

Crystle

235/153/140
Old 11-25-2002, 10:16 AM   #11  

Default Monday Motivation!

Today's thought is:
It is often the fear of rejection which makes us afraid
to give of ourselves. The person who is reluctant to share
at a meeting may be holding back because of this fear.
To share is to reveal who we are and where we are. If we
feel inadequate, we do not want to expose this imagined inadequacy to other people.

If our self-image is too grand and inflated, we cannot
possibly live up to it in reality. Expecting ourselves to be perfect sets us up for frustration and fear, since we know deep down that we do not measure up to our image of perfection.

With humility comes the willingness to give of what
we have and what we are right now, without waiting
until we are more eloquent or more accomplished. What
we have to share is what someone else needs to receive.
By focusing more on the needs of others and less on the imaginary concept of ourselves, which is our ego, we learn to overcome our fear of giving. What we have to give now is enough for today.

Also, I liked my Snoopy Calendar today, it reads:
Gratitude. More aware of what you have than what you don't. Recognizing the treasure in the simple-a child's hug, fertile soil, a golden sunset. Max Lucado

Me...I'm struggling to stay on track, but determined not to be back at the ugly weight (at least that's how I feel) that I'm at now 170. Turkey day shouldn't be to bad, as I don't like mashed potatoes and here that's the worst carb, before dessert. Have to go to the dr. now.

Hugs to all!
Lara
Old 11-25-2002, 10:18 AM   #12  

Checking in here this morning. Reading about all this American Thanksgiving stuff is making me hungry!! I hope everyones preparations go well this week.

BOB-I have learned to sew things from scratch but I have yet to attempt alterations. I have lots of things to try to take-in in my closet though. I would like to learn how to do it right instead of the quick fixes that come to mind. Perhaps I'll get a book on it and when I learn I will let you know!

ZANNE- Good article. No wonder all my amazing weight losses in a weeks time end up back on my butt!!

MONET- Just saying :hello:
Old 11-25-2002, 11:20 AM   #13  

Mornin' y'all. It's gonna be a good week here at school. Only two daysthen we're off till next Monday. It's a good thing we only have two days cause the natives are restless. I'm determined to get back OP today. We ate mexican two nights in a row and I had the chips.I'm sure the scale is up but I'm not lookin'!
We're getting our house refinanced and doing a home equity loan to get rid of the card debt. It will save a significant amound to $$$ each month that we will turn around and invest. The people we're working with are also financial planners that are helping us set up retirement for Dennis. Anyway, I'm kind of excited about it.
Planning to go to MIL's on Thursday. I think I can do pretty good there since I don't really care too much for her dressing. But I know I won't make it at my Mom's on Sat. Her dressing is to die for and I know she'll make chocolate pie that I can't resist. I'm just going to try and not over indulge.

GRACIOUS: WTG on your sewing. I used to make all of Dennis' work shirts. He's a big guy and it was expensive to buy shirts to fit him. Prices aren't so bad now. JCPenney has a decent selection of big and tall that isn't too pricey. I don't have the time or the want to to sew clothes anymore. I like doing quilt tops much better.

COUNTRY: I'm jealous. Deer. YUM. Dennis hasn't had a spot to hunt for many years. Are y'all expecting cold weather. It's really nasty here today.

FILLISE: Have a good trip and be careful. Hope the back unkinks.

MONET: Be careful and don't overdo.

ZANNE: Thanks for posting the article. Very interesting.

Gotta go and corral kids. They're wild.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:47 PM   #14  

I had a nice huge bowl of egg flower soup for lunch. So easy to make, and so tasty! And no starches! I have been trying to get myself organized for the coming ordeals of Thanksgiving, and then preparing for Christmas. I do not feel up to it!

Thinking about all the work that has to be done makes me want to take a nap...so I think I will! You know, I am going to miss being able to be lazy once I get past the next two weeks and have no excuse for it anymore! Maybe I will act like I am not fully recovered!

COUNTRY: We have a friend that makes Bambi chili every year for a huge Super Bowl party. He makes it really hot, and a pot of wimpy for those like me who can't take his hot stuff. I like venison in chili, but can't bring myself to taste it plain! I know..I know..I am so silly! I tried a pigeon egg once at a Chinese New Year feast, and thought I would die. I can be adventurous, but not too much!

GRACIOUS: Learn to do alterations, and you can have a thriving business in no time! It sure is hard to find someone to do that kind of thing, and here they charge a LOT! I used to sew, but I have no patience with details...so you can imagine what my stuff looked like!

LDBLOND: You don't like mashed potatoes? I wish I was like you! And my kids would riot if there was not a HUGE bowl of them with gravy on the table. My hubby makes incredible gravy, but mashing the potatoes is always my job. It sure is hard to resist! Hope you are feeling ok, and everything is going well.

ZANNE: Hope the interview with the teacher went ok. Thanks for the articles... And I am with you...its more fun on here than doing laundry!

MUSIC: CHIPS! The wagon is going to roll over you, woman! Hey, I am impressed you made shirts for you hubby! Thanks for the tip about J C Penney's! I have a son who is 6'4" and rather broadly built. Finding clothes for him is a chore. He is so picky too! I will check out Penney's!

FILLISE: Have a great trip! Hope Ms Belle does ok! I don't think my cat could handle a car trip! He meows constantly in a whiny voice as soon as you close the door to the carrier. This is a cat who rarely makes any noise at all! When are you coming to Atlanta?

DEB: Glad to hear you are back on program! You are awesome! I got a number of Christmas presents from the lady who you got the bracelet from. She has some really nice stuff. I hope I get that bracelet too...Laura will love it! The auction ends tomorrow...
Old 11-25-2002, 01:59 PM   #15  

Hi All!! Just a quick note to let you all know that I'm still alive & kicking. Running ragged is really more like it

Still trying to get my dd situated. Can't seem to get the damaged trailer moved so that we can start getting the form ready to do a concrete slab for the new double-wide. She's praying to be in by Christmas, but chances look slim. We're so jam packed in the house that it makes things rough, but I REALLY AM enjoying having her & the boys here. It's just that SHE is ready to get back to normal & so are the boys. Well, it will happen when the time is right.

Have to get ready for work. Will try to get back here when I can. Still fighting the same few lbs back & forth. Hoping to keep things under control for Thanksgiving. Have the day off, but the rest of the week will be pretty busy.

Debbie, soooo nice to finally get to talk with you last night. Did as you suggested & checked on Fort Lauderdale, so I do have my ticket. Will let you know more details via email within the next few days. So sweet of you to go out of your way to help me make this trip a reality. So looking forward to this whole trip!!

Last edited by Melf; 11-25-2002 at 02:02 PM.
Closed Thread