Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #1  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Default slight hiccups along the way

I haven't been eating great for the past few days and last night was the worst.

Last night I went to a bar that I used to frequent ALL THE TIME about 2 years ago when I weighed alot more. My motive to go there was totally wrong since I went there for selfish reasons.

Anyway, I ended up eating some poor food choices (buffalo chicken sandwich that came with a pile of fries). I also had 3 pints of full calorie beer. The good thing is it could have been worse (normally I would have drunk 2 or 3 times that much and ate again on the way home). When I weighed in this morning I noticed I'm up about 3 pounds from what I was earlier in the week.

Going out drinking and eating all of the bar food was the main reason I ballooned out so much weight since 2003. I don't want to get back into that pattern again.

So now I need to get back to my goals and start doing the things I have been. It is so easy to fall back into destructive patterns.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

You know what? It happens.

REAL life happens. This isn't some fantasy world with no birthdays or ballgames or parties. It's real life, and sometimes in real life it's okay to indulge. You just need to learn to get RIGHT back on track the next meal (notice I said meal, not day).

It's not a race to the finish and then it's over. This is real life. Enjoy good food with good company every once in a while and then get back to doing what you need to do.

One of the MAIN reasons why I've fallen back into destructive patterns is because I kick myself so hard after I've had an off plan meal. Don't beat yourself up for this. You don't deserve it.

Last edited by FreeSpirit; 09-10-2009 at 04:49 PM.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

I think the people that this never happens to are few. You recognized it for what it was and you are moving on. You R awesome!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Good for you for recognizing it, Matt. It's so easy to ignore the slips, so that's awesome that you are acknowledging it and making changes.

As for going somewhere for selfish reasons... don't be so hard on yourself. Most of the places we go are for selfish reasons! If it's a trigger place for you, then you might try redefining your actions there and setting limits. Maybe find a type of food there that you can eat and stay relatively on plan (like a grilled chicken sandwich with buffalo sauce on the side, no fries) or set your beer limit at one (and with a lower calorie beer). If you can't, though, it's understandable. Trigger foods and places are powerful things.

You are doing so well, keep up the good work!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #5  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

it happens ! at least your back on track thats what matters most !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

As my mommy used to say "It's all water under the bridge now, so put on your hip waders and get moving along".

You are only human, we all have slip ups, the important thing is that you caught yourself. Now you can move on, and I bet you will see those 3 pounds go fast... they are probably water weight anyway from the poor choices.

You can do this.. you have come soooo far already!!!

(I'm soooo friggen dying for hot wings lately... the real ones not stupid breast with hot sauce in crappy fat free blue cheese!!!! grrrrr)
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote