Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #1  

Default what was it again?

hello
i am back after a few months off. in the mean time, i lent my books to one of my girlfriends who needed to lose a little weight. and she lost them.
but i still wanted to start back today.

what was it that was against the rules for phase 1? i seem to remember pineapple, which i don't have any so that isn't a problem. i am hoping that it wasn't peaches as i have eaten one (and a very juicy one at that!) this morning.

i'm off to make my brown rice!!! mmm mmmm good!!!

thanks for the help!
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #2  
En Route to Fabulousness

S/C/G: 365/365/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi, I can't find my book but I think pineapple is ok - I hope so because I had it in my smmothie this morning. As far as I know the only fruit/veg that are banned are white potatoes and avocado.

Good luck smashing!
Miss Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #3  

thanks coco!
i had hummus and red pepper, brown rice flavored with chicken bouillon, basil and lemon juice and 2 peaches.
i know everything before the peaches are ok.
i really hate to buy another book, but...
Old 09-11-2009, 05:22 AM   #4  
En Route to Fabulousness

Right had a nosy at my book - all the friut is fine, as I said no avocados or potatoes (I'm sad about the avocados!). How are you eating your oats?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #5  

oats? (c:
maybe i should go get that book. i don't remember the oats. i was just enjoying my brown rice. i wonder if it would be the same?
how are you doing on your diet? i am really motivated to stick to it. besides, it is SO darn easy to stick to! i have to say that the hummus is a lifesaver. i love, love, LOVE hummus so i nosh on that randomly throughout the day. i also started exercising last night. i set out to run 3 miles, but only could get in 2.
i just started running a month ago. i joined a running group of people training for 1/2 and full marathons. i was only looking for a 5k, but i figgered if i could complete the program (which i am still not positive i can) i will certainly be able to run a 5k! (c: on saturdays, i am up to running 5 miles. i really can't believe it! i am hoping that one day soon i will start to enjoy it. i will say, though, that i don't feel like i have someone sitting on my chest throughout the whole run. so that is a bonus, right?
i hope it is going well for you!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #6  
En Route to Fabulousness

yeah I have oats for breakfast - I can't abide traditional porridge so I just throw half a cup into a blender with a banana and some other fruit, blueberries, raspberries, yoghurt and milk which really fills me in the morning.

I love hummous too but I'm a bit wary of buying it in the shop and my blender isn't up to making it *praying for a vitamix at Christmas!*

Your running sounds fun, where I live lots of people seem to be running all the time, its something i wish i could do but I'm a bit too big at the moment, everything seems to flop about (sorry tmi!) Plus i can only do about 50 metres before it feels like I'm going to expire so I'll stick to walking for now.

The diet is going really well thanks. I had a sneaky peek on the scales earlier and I'm down 7lbs since I started on tuesday!!! Life is good! How are you getting on?
Old 09-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #7  

wow coco! 7 lbs! that is AWESOME!!! (and thanks for converting for me. i can be a bit dim at times. ) i'm really proud of you!

i have to tell you about this woman that i run with. about a year ago, she weighed 300 lbs. she decided that she was sick of being that big and decided to run. she said it was hard at first as she could make it to the end of her block, after which she would walk for a bit. but then the next day, she would set her goal 1/2 way down the next block, and then walk. she did this for about a month and at the end of that first month could run a mile. she said it was the most amazing thing. well, today, she is down to just under 200 and is training for the disney 1/2 marathon in january. although i could only run 5 miles (and i am about 40 lbs lighter and a good 12 years younger) she did 8. i must admit that i have probably told 50 people (no lie) about her. she really is quite amazing. but it started with that first run to the end of her block.

and... my 5, isn't all running. i do intervals, which means that i run 3, then walk 1. there are people out on the trail that i run on who do that opposite, they walk 3, then run 1. and the truth is that it is whatever gets you out there and whatever gets your body working and burning calories.

when you do your oat smoothie, do you just throw them in there dry?