Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/204/170

Height: 5'6

Default New Diet off to a Great Start :)

Hi there,

I'm new here and on a new diet. My plan is to do a very simple low-calorie diet, eating about 1300 calories a day.

Today is my 6th day on the diet and I'm happy to say I've done perfectly so far! I didn't weigh myself before I started, so I have no idea if I've lost anything, but I feel great so far both physically and emotionally -- being off to a good start feels wonderful.

The biggest test was today, Saturday. During the week it's easy to stay distracted at work so I'm not tempted to snack a lot, but I was worried I would get the munchies over the weekend. So my first weekend is half over and still successful.. yay!

Next big test: Labor Day camping trip = all that yummy camp food... we'll see how it goes
ladykayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #2  

Starting is a step that many people never take.Good job!!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/307/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! I bet you had a good weight loss. I understand about weekends being hard. So is the nighttimes for me. Keep up the good work!
justmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #4  

Just got back from Labor Day camping... it was harder than I thought to stay on my diet, and I think I went a bit overboard a couple times. I knew I wouldn't have my diet food with me there, but my goal was just to eat reasonably. I think I did most of the time, but there were a couple times I splurged.

I don't think I did too bad, but I know I didn't stick to my calorie limit. I just hope the extra physical activity can offset it (our campsite was horrible so it took a lot of work setting up the tent lol).

But not to worry -- I'm back home now and getting right back on my diet. I won't allow 2 days of camping to ruin my progress!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #5  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Ladykate-Good for you for eating reasonable and getting right back on your diet! NICE GOING.

Im new here too, just signed up today! I started a low calorie diet yesterday and so far so good!

We can do this

Last edited by misspriss78; 09-07-2009 at 06:48 PM.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/158/135

wow thats really great! Im having such a hard time sticking to my low carb diet! So what is a typical day of eating for you then?...Im wondering if i should try a different diet...Im getting really tired of eating meat all the time :S Can't wait to hear how much weight you've lost!
sarahte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #8  

I'm doing slim fast mostly. I know I could cut calories in other ways, but having a slim fast is so easy I don't even have to think about it. Just grab and go. So far it's working great.

I'm also trying to add more whole grains and fiber, eating veggies from my garden, and cut out sugar (though not entirely) and white flour. I like feeling more healthy, and I'm willing to eat a few more calories of something with whole grains rather than junk food, because overall I think it benefits me more.