Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 02:20 PM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss # 58

I hope everyone is having a good week.
Kathy I am doing fine.
Diane
Old 11-19-2002, 03:34 PM   #2  

I messed up partly today, but i'm making it. Thanks for the new thread.

Kathy
Old 11-19-2002, 04:01 PM   #3  

Thanks for the new thread diane! We can always count on you!!! The old one was getting so long I was dizzy scrollling through pages to see where I last posted.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:29 PM   #4  

Default I am Tab

I weigh in in the mornings usually M,W and Th. This will a.ll change because my daughter's dog is having knee surgery on Tues. and I'll be babysitting every day from 7:30 - 5:30 for 4 wks.
That means Curves and LAWL will have to be worked in at other times. Maybe I can weigh-in on M, W evenings and Sat morning. At least I can keep an accurate account of my weight if I stick to the morning at the end of the week.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:59 PM   #5  

Kathie -

My dog is also having knee surgery this week. He tore his cruciate ligament, so it's in bad shape. Poor guy I'll be on pins and needles until he gets out of the OR.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:19 PM   #6  

You will be so suprised at how fast he recovers. Our dog had hip dysplasia and had to have surgery in both hips....her recovery was very speedy. Dogs heal much faster than people!!
Old 11-20-2002, 08:30 AM   #7  

Default Take Off

Would someone be able to post the 2 day Take Off plan? I am thinking of doing it on my own and buying the Hollywood juice diet that everyone recommended, but wanted to know what else is on the 2 day Take Off plan.

Thanks a lot

~cheer
Old 11-20-2002, 09:01 AM   #8  

xYTx and Marcie
Cecil had 2 steel hips put in already and he is only 2. The hip surgeon in Va. and our vet here both agree that he will need surgery on his other knee down the road. With this particular surger for his acl, it is 12 wks. recoup time. GTood luck on your little guys surgery.
Kathie
Old 11-20-2002, 09:04 AM   #9  
JAG

Okay…I am going back a few days. Good morning everyone!

Tab – I only weigh-in once a week. I was weighing in first thing Saturday morning and then weighing in on Tuesday and Thursday nights. It was frustrating comparing a morning weight to an evening weight so I stopped. I still go to the center…just do not get on the scale.

Cheer – I do not have the plan with me. If you want to send me a fax number, I can send it to you tomorrow.

xYTx and Kathie – good luck with the doggie surgeries! They really recover so fast…

Kathy – My company is in temporary space as we build out other space. I am in the same OFFICE with 3 other people. Low and behold, one of them gets a steak bomb everyday and eats it at his desk. On a rare occasion, he switches his routine and gets a chicken parm. sub or something like that. It kills me! However, I have learned to look at his belly and know that he has it by eating that way.

Have I mentioned the wine and cheese parties that my company has every Thursday? Recently, it has turned into chips, dips and beer! Even worse.

I pack my food everyday so it is not a problem for me. Situations, like last night, when I went to dinner with my friend is my problem. I had a biscuit and then had a biscotti (already ate all my starches and fruit before that) when I got home. Got my monthly friend today, so I am feeling much better. I also worked out after the biscotti.

Kathy, I also have the same Thanksgiving goal.

Is anyone else a morning exerciser? If so, do you take notice to when you eat? I started tracking times that I eat and when I work out in the morning, I tend to eat most of my food before noon. I have a protein, fruit in the afternoon and protein & vegetables at dinner. I am not hungry in the afternoon/evenings but starving all morning. I tend to eat something every hour on the hour.

Have a good day!

Jen
Old 11-20-2002, 09:35 AM   #10  

Mornin yall!

I did ok last night. I had 1c of pasta w/ spinach and chicken breast for dinner. I felt a little bloated when i work up this morning so I decided not to go weigh in since I just weighed in on Mon.

Today is a new day, and I remembered my chicken breast for lunch so no slip ups. lol

Kudo's to us who can withstand the food pressure at work. Wow, it turns into such an issue when your trying to eat health, for some reason no on feels comfortable w/ it. Or they're jealous that your being healthy and they are not. It's hard to resist but the more persistent they get is the more persistent I get.

Have a great day all!

Kathy
Old 11-20-2002, 11:37 AM   #11  

Well, I went to weigh in and there was a sign on the counter that said,"Ask your counseler how you can get $10.00 of free merchandise. " So I did. She said, HMMM I DON'T KNOW. She asked another one and she said I think it has something to do with your weight loss range, but I'm not sure. Oh, well!
Then I told her I had ostrich for dinner and I wanted to know if was unlimited or was like beef. She did't know that either. Does anyone know about either of these things?
Kathie
Old 11-20-2002, 11:43 AM   #12  

LOL...Katie what does your center know? lol

Kathy
Old 11-20-2002, 12:02 PM   #13  

Hello Everyone....

Kathie351....I weigh in tonight so I will see if we have anything about the $10.00. Well I hope all goes well with the surgery. Keep us posted. How did your weigh in go??? Good news I hope.

KitKat3NY...I think the food pressures are going to get worse as we get closer to the holiday season. I think we have dinner plans out every weekend from now until New Years. I will just have to try and make wise choices. Much easier said then done. But I did pass up the bagels and muffins this morning. Had my fiber one cereal and unsweetened applesauce. Boy did the muffins smell good.

JAG...I workout at lunch and at night....I usually do an hour cardio during lunch and then I lift weights and do another 45min to an hour of cardio at home. I find that I am hungry all the time. But I think that is because I don't eat the foods that I am used to. I am on the red plan and I just try and space my meals apart and I make sure I have a piece of fruit or string cheese before a workout or I have it right when I am done.

Well tonight marks my 2 week on LAWL and so far I have only lost 6lbs and ohhh yeah don't forget the 6oz...*smile* I hope to see better results tonight. I think of all the food that I am passing up and then I don't see the scale move....boy that just gets to me. Wish me luck and I will chat with you later.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:50 PM   #14  

ACL injuries (like my dog's) are very common in the larger breeds, and yes... the recovery time is pretty long. We're looking at around 12 weeks, too. He'll have to be confined to the bedroom except to go out and do his business. I'm not looking forward to it... he's so active! He also has no concept of what it means to be injured, so if we let him he'd be tearing around the house/yard. Makes things difficult

Still OP... weigh-in happens tomorrow. I hope I'll see something encouraging
Old 11-20-2002, 03:45 PM   #15  

Hi all,

Well I made it through, so far so good. I want a cookie so bad, but i've been good. I think if I can make it through today, I can make it through till Thanksgiving and so on.

Who's going to eat a modified Thanksgiving? I think i'm going to just chow down w/ the best of them and just call it a day.

Kathy
Closed Thread