South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Terrific Tuesday

Hi Everyone

Well, I don't necessarily think we'd all agree that the Tuesday after a long holiday is "terrific", especially as we head towards fall, but there's one thing for sure-it is what it is. I'm going to make the best of it.

I'll bet Cottage thinks it's pretty terrific-headed towards Maine for a much anticipated vacation.

Me, back to business, dogs, pools, vets, paperwork and of course living another day with the SB WOL foremost in my mind.

For the all the rest of you beach lovin' gals, what's up in your world today? Coffee? Tea? Come chat. It's a warm mountain morning, I'm heading outside to listen to the cricket.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie. Yes, "It is what it is". At my age, I'm just glad to have another day and to wake up on the right side of the grass.

Cottage is well on her way to Maine right now. It's such a long drive but I know she likes Maine. I sure hope she doesn't talk about "lobstah" buns when she does check in. I adore lobster and haven't had any since Spring.

Another glorious fall day is about to happen. I know it's not official until the 21st but this IS fall. No coloured leaves as yet but the greens have a yellowish tone and the garden is winding down. I dried pears and pickled beets over the weekend along with making freezer dills and some chili so I am in my usual hunker down for winter mode. Must be my pioneer blood because I sure don't need to keep "putting foods by".

Paul comes this morning to do trim in the addition and shop-vac the whole thing. I'll be glad of that. Jazz keeps going out there and bringing bits of plaster back and putting them on the dark green sofa! He is such a little imp and has a collection of black walnuts stashed on the couch in the back room.

Just checked my calendar and I have nothing scheduled except my trip to the gym. Instead of MWF, I'm doing TTS this week because of the Monday holiday. I'll probably get in another good session out in the garden, maybe spreading the grass clipping mulch around my perennials that are waiting for spring to be moved back to the front bed. Today might also be the day the front lawn gets seeded.

Enjoy your Tuesday, whatever is planned. This week will go whizzing by, I'm sure.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:10 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers

Debbie - I love fall and would be happy to have it last until, oh, say January You have just one cricket in Colorado? Poor guy, must be lonely. Enjoy your fall day.

Ruth - Calendars are for people who live further south. It's definitely fall around here. Our leaves are showing some early color. We noticed yesterday how much of that is happening. Enjoy your lightly scheduled day.

Cottage - Maine is definitely not happening for me this year so please enjoy some lobster for me. This is the best time of year for it.

Back to the office for me. Can't complain, it's a 2 day week. I've got Thursday off to get food ready for the weekend party. Tonight we meet with the JP. She is an old friend and my former boss and I know she likes to have everything planned ahead of time. Our insistence on quick and relaxed still requires planning for her

Like Ruth I've been in food storing mode all weekend. I cleaned my food closet and was really pleased to see how much I'd already done. It feels like I'm working against the clock this time of year and I get annoyed with myself for lacking the motivation to get things in the dryer in the morning.
Last night I canned my very first produce - 3 pints of peaches! It isn't much by most standards but they are pretty and I'm very excited. Thanks Debbie

Okay, time to get moving. Have a good day back in the real world.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Debbie, I'm planning my Tuesday and the rest of the week to be terrific! The therapist is on vacation till Thurday, so no clients in the office. WooHoo!

Ruth, My FIL, who just turned 70, talks about waking up on the 'right side of the grass', too. He's a funny guy.

Cyndi, We do live by the calendar down here. I will be amazed today at the number of people who wear sweaters and jackets because it's "time" to wear them. Who cares that it's still 90 degrees??? Me? I'm going to wear my shorts and Birkenstocks till Christmas!

I got on the scale this morning. It's not pretty. My new job is really hurting my weight. I went from being a fairly active SAHM to being a secretary who sits on her butt all day long! I've also gone from 3 Jazzercise classes per week to two. Donuts and fast food and Cheez-Its are available way too much. I'm starting Phase 1 again today. Two in my office say they are too. We'll see. Donut girl is not starting. She's the tricky one. My wonderful hubby is on board with me.

Anyway... My name is Chelby and I'm addicted to carbs and bad eating...
Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning squirrels! I have been craving a cup of pumpkin spice coffee. I hope it comes out soon. I think I'll make some pumpkin spice Nessa bars in the meantime. Speaking of Nessa, does anyone know if she was scheduled for her surgery this past week?
It's been so cool in the mornings here, I think I'll have to break down and get up in the attic to look for more long pants for the kids. Should be quiet around here today. We have back to school night tonight and I really need to talk to DS's math teacher because he's already managed to get behind in that class. It's so frustrating because I make sure he does all the assignments, they just don't all seem to make it to the teacher. His grades so far are: F, A, A, B, F, A, F. The first F was for not turning in the parent form! Arggh.
I can't wait for the leaves to turn. We hiked to Weverton Cliffs on Sunday, and the view of the Potomac was spectacular. It's in MD, with a view of VA across the river, and Harper's Ferry WVA a few miles upriver. I want to go back when there is color, and take a picnic lunch. It was a pretty strenuous climb and my knee is not happy, so I'm going to take it easy on my walk this morning.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Lexiss - thanks for starting us off! Enjoy your coffee!

Ruth - it's not too often I laugh out loud, but that was hysterical! I'm certainly glad you're waking up on the right side of the grass as well!

Cyndi - Yummm...can I come up for warm peaches this winter? Hope your 2 day week goes quickly!

Chelby - I hear ya. Of course, people at my work often bring in those .... sweet roll buns, what are they called? Prepackaged at the gas station. They look so nasty to me! Good luck with phase I. It seems harder than it used to be!

Schmoodle - Was it last week she was scheduled? I saw something on FB with her name on it recently, I'll have to look closer!

Me - DS started school today!! It is SO much easier getting them ready separately.

And I'm so excited about my dinner to share...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cabbage...ew/Detail.aspx

I'll let you know how it turns out!!!

Whoaaa..I'm gonna be late! Have a great day!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Ruth - it's not too often I laugh out loud, but that was hysterical! I'm certainly glad you're waking up on the right side of the grass as well!
I'd had a great laugh, too. I've never heard that before! I'm hoping to stay on the right side, as well. Thanks, Ruth, enjoy your day.

Cyndi, this must be a very exciting week for you. I hope the details aren't too hectic and that you get to enjoy every moment.

Schmoodle, your hike sounded wonderful. I hope your knee gets better. I have some Pumpkin Pie Spice. I may see if I can jazz up my coffee soon. I love pumpkin.

Chelby, I hope there is strength in numbers. For me, donuts are the hardest to resist. I've only had 1 since starting SB but I have to stay clear. Yea for shorts and birkies!

Twynn, your dinner sounds fantastic! I'm going to try it later this week. Hope your day is not too hectic.

Food storing is very comforting to me. I really enjoy pulling my own foods out of the closet in winter. They are all infused with love and respect. Oops-better get ready.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...I'm at school so this has to be quick. Chelby, I can't even be exposed to a box of cheese-its. They are my ultimate drug of choice.

Spent yesterday working in the garden and cleaning...baby boy coming home this afternoon....

Hope you all have a lovely day.,.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning ladies!

Lexxis- Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you! And with SBD foremost! You're awesome! Enjoy!

Ruth- Hope you had a good workout! Sounds like you can have whatever kind of day you want! I love days with little agendas!

Cyndi- Hope you enjoy your company! and I have a 2 day work week too! Isn't it lovely!

Chelby- sending some your way, sprinkling some around me as I send it! My scale isn't being kind lately either!

Schmoodle- mmm... pumpkin spice coffee...mmmm. I don't even drink coffee anymore but as soon as that comes out I am having a cup!

Twynn- that recipe looks so delicious! please share how it turns out!

Cat hope you're having a lovely day as well!

As for me, that darn scale is about to get chucked out the window! for 2 weeks now I have been working my butt off at the gym and eating less and for what?! to gain a freaking lb! makes me soooo illlllllll. ugh\rant.

Not a lot going on here today, just mainly a bit of housework and hopefully taking the dogs by the lake
Old 09-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Hello everyone!

Schmoodle - I want to know about these Nessa bars. Are they in the recipe section? Where?

Pumpkin spice anything sounds good. Starbucks has started advertising their pumpkin things and I'm going to be very tempted by the cakey thing they do. They need a SF version of their pumpkin spice latte syrup.

I love fall, even though my 40th birthday (eek!) is now less than a month away. Color is starting here in Michigan too, even though we're supposed to get up close to 80 this week.

Ah, the little one has awoken from his nap. I have more to say, but no time, as per usual.

Happy short week everyone!

Deana, off to get the baby boy
Old 09-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Daisy, they are in the Ph2 Breakfast in the Recipes section. They are a sticky and are called Oatmeal Breakfast Bars, or as we commonly refer to them "Nessa" Bars after ladybugnessa who posted the recipe. To make them pumpkin spice, just substitute mashed pumpkin for the banana or applesauce, and add pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon.

SB used to carry sugar free pumpkin spice syrup, but quit carrying it last year. I was pretty devastated. Although you can still order it online, or get pumpkin spice coffee, or just add pumpkin pie spice to your coffee, as Lexxis mentioned.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #12  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hey Rdw1, don't worry girl, I'll bet it's a pound of sexy lean muscle, not fat!! Especially since you said you've been working out a lot. Great job! I am envious.

Hi everyone... ooh it's about time for autumn... all the talk of pumpkin is making me hungry.

Whatever happened to Zeffryn and Loriann??
Old 09-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

The cabbage patch stew was excellent! Even the kids ate it! Had with a WW roll (great dunked in the juice ).

Melanie - I think Zeff is out for a while, she has her hands full! Loriann pops in once in a while, i think it depends on other things going on. Glad to see you back here!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Had a clean Day 1 of Phase 1. Hooray!

Daisy, You'll survive turning 40. As my hubby says, "It's better than the alternative!"
Old 09-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #15  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Twynn- Glad to hear that the stew was good! I can't wait to try it!

Chelby- Whooo hooo! that must have helped us both! I had a good day too whooo hooo! To do the same again tomorrow!
Closed Thread