Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 07:42 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay At home Mom's #65

Stay at home Mom's #65

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #64 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 11-18-2002, 07:48 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
This will just be a short hello- the other thread was quiet and I thought that starting a new thread might generate some interest.

I did get a walk in today........it was cold and windy, which for me is perfect walking weather! So I am a happy camper. My eating has been pretty good too. If I keep this up and stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the nite (except to load the dishwasher )) I should do just fine.

Gotta go......a sleepy 6 year old just emerged and needs her mama!
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 11-18-2002, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!

I don't have a lot of time, but just wanted to say Hello! Also..... a few of you were wondering why you weren't getting any e-mail notices letting you know when someone posted here. If you use the "quick reply" button-it will not send you a notice via: e-mail. If you scroll to the bottom of the posts & hit "reply to post", you will then get a notification. Also-if you don't post for awhile & someone else posts after you have been notified, there's a possiblility that you won't be notified this way either. Am I making any sense? I sure hope so! Well-now a little update about me: I did so-so on my weight loss journey when it comes to making good food choices. For the exercise dept.: If you call twitching in the recliner during a 4-hour daytime nap-then I guess I got some exercise! I fell asleep watching Regis & Kelly @ 9:00 this a.m. & the next thing I knew it was 2:15 pm! So...no house work was done & of course....no real exercise. Thank goodness dh is coming home late tonight! Spryng: Do you think that I have sympathy pangs for you & this is why I took such a long nap? Ginny: I'm glad to hear that we have more in common with each other. My favorite history period is the pioneer days. When I was growing up Little House In The Prairie was my favorite TV program. I still like to read up on Laura Ingalls-Wilder. DD is doing an oral book report on her biography next week & she will wear her pioneer dress for part of her prop. She is also making a small patchwork quilt to go along with the book/prop. (This will be her first real sewing project on the sewing machine.) Well gals-I'm sorry for rambling on here, but this has been the most excitement in my life for awhile. Now it's time to get dd ready for bed.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Ginny I'm glad your day has went well and you got that walk in. I'm sure it has made you feel better.
Jackie, that's so sweet that you are having sympathy pains for me!! Just try not to have the cravings I'm having and you will be fine! my craving right now is hamburgers and french fries from wendy's. French fries seem like the only thing that will curb my morning sickness. But I'm trying my best not to overeat. I really don't want to get huge with this one. In fact it scares me to death when I start thinking about the weight gain. I hit 198 with my last pregnancy and it was so hard to get back off. So now when I'm hungry I'm trying to hit the fruit (lots of grapes and bananas) instead of empty cals. Boy do I wish I was craving fruit and veggies... it would make this pregnancy so much easier.
Well, anyway... guess I should go to bed. I hope everyone is still on track for their thanksgiving challenge and have a great night!!
Old 11-19-2002, 10:54 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
This is going to have to be short. I came online to check out something for Dh for Christmas. Which by the way, I am already in panic mode that I will never get everything done in time for........

Jackie- so glad to hear from you, you pioneer woman!!!! I love that time of history also.....but confess that if I had to really fess up to a favorite it would be Colonial America. (sort of fits my primative nature, eh?). Good for you with your eating..........and I know that you will get the excercise in. Good food choices are half the battle.

Spryng- carrots were a mainstay for me.........maybe they will work for you too? Also herbal tea.....another biggie of mine- something innocent like peppermint (also good to settle the tummy) might be a good choice. Hope that you are feeling better!

Gotta go......tons to do.
Take care and have a great day.
Ginny
Old 11-19-2002, 12:54 PM   #6  
One day at a time.

Just a quick Hello!

We got back from our trip on Sat. night, but it's still busy, busy around here. My mom is coming this weekend, and I have to make sure everything is in place or she won't rest until she does it all!

Our trip was wonderful, and not at all what I thought it would be (stuffy business types) we had so much fun!

Now I must go, but please cross your fingers for me, I weigh in tonight and I'm hoping my weekend away doesn't show on the scales!?!

TTYL
Old 11-19-2002, 02:38 PM   #7  

I'm sure your weigh in will be great Mel!! But even if it isn't don't fret. You have been doing such a great job and you'll get it back down in no time!
My day has been going really well actually. I haven't been sick once today yet (knock on wood) As soon as I got up this morning I crammed a pop tart down my throat and that seemed to stop any morning sickness from starting.. then I ate about 2 hours later... still not sick... and then I ate just a little bit ago. I guess they are right about eating about every 2 hours. It seems to be working today. I was feeling so good infact that I got some laundry done. I was feeling so bad about the house not being in the greatest shape and piles of laundry to do, but I attacked the laundry and did about 4-5 loads already. I have about 4-5 more to go and then I'll be caught up!! I'm so glad. I hate so much dirty clothes. But I have just felt so terrible lately. No energy to even cook myself something to eat let alone clean or wash clothes. Lets pray my morning sickness is ending and I might feel normal again.
Well, I think it's nap time for me. I'll catch up with you gals later!
Old 11-21-2002, 03:39 PM   #8  

Hello!

I hope that everyone is doing wonderful today. I'm doing so, so. I woke up this a.m. to an early TOM, a week early! I'm trying real hard to stay OP today. I've been drinking my water & am making o.k. food choices. Well-enough about me! Ginny: We have one more week to go on the challenge. Good Luck! Hopefully you were able to complete most of your "chore" list. Want to come over & give me a hand? Mel: Glad you had a safe & wonderful trip. Enjoy your Mom's company this weekend. Hopefully she doesn't bring along her white glove! How did your W-I go? Spryng: Glad you're feeling better & hopefully the morning sickness will stay away. Did you get your wash caught up? Well gals, I have to get going & pick dd up from school. C-U Later! TTFN
Old 11-22-2002, 07:17 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
It doesn't get any better than this..........Ds is home sick with a bad cold.............Dd (6) has chicken pox! (her older siblings have already been blessed with it!)

Gotta go get behind the wheel of my big yellow limo!
Have a good morning!
Ginny
Old 11-22-2002, 01:55 PM   #10  
One day at a time.

Hi~

I'm still running around trying to make sure my house is in place, mom will be here tomorrow! I just thought I'd let y'all know that I made our Nov. challenge and then some... I lost 2.4 lbs. this week, which bring my November total to 6.4 lbs so far. I still have another weigh in next week that will go towards our Nov. total, and My over all total is 61 lbs now!!! I'm still challenging myself, and have 13.4 lbs. to lose by the New Year. I doubt I reach my mini goal, but I'll be pretty close if I keep going.

Ginny, I feel for you dear, I hope your babies are well soon and I hope you can get some rest in the mean time!

Spryng, glad to hear that your morning sickness is easing up a bit, you take care!

Jackie, I hope TOM goes easy on you! I think it must be in the air, cause I was cramping yesterday, but maybe it'll hold off until after Thanksgiving!?!

Well, I working on my closet now. so I better get back to it!

TTFN

274.2/213.2/135
Old 11-22-2002, 01:58 PM   #11  

POOR GINNY....HANG IN THERE!! I guess my life is pretty good right now! As for my "OP" life: I've had a bowl of cereal/milk for breakfast & for lunch I had a big bowl of soup & some apple juice. That's it! Gotta get going. TTFN!
Old 11-22-2002, 07:19 PM   #12  

Good eveing all!
Ginny I hope your dd is feeling better. Mine hasn't had the chicken pox yet but I remember having it as a child, how awful! I'm sending good vibes your way and hopefully she'll get better soon!!
MEL!!! CONGRATS on hitting your 5 # challenge!! Wow. I just can't get enough of your motivation!! I forget, what plan are you on? WW?? I couldn't remember. Well, whatever it is it's working and you are doing so awesome! How do you stay so focused??
My day has been good. 4 days now with no morning sickness. Weird huh? I never heard of it leaving at 9 wks along but I'll take it. I was worried for awhile. But then I decided I can't control anything going on inside of me. I'm not bleeding or cramping so I am just going to think everything is ok and enjoy the renewed energy. And no Jackie, I didn't get all my laundry done but I have only a few more loads to go. Looks like we may be going to Denver CO, for thanksgiving. (I'm so excited!!) My Dh grandparents and uncle and aunt live there and his grandpa is in bad shape so the whole family is driving out there to see him. It's a 12 hour drive but I've never been to CO so I'm excited to see my DH home town!! We'll know for sure in a few days if we are going for sure. His parents are tying up loose ends and if they can go then we will too.
Well, talk to you all soon!!
Old 11-22-2002, 07:31 PM   #13  

HI, I hope you dont mind me joining in. I just registered here today. I am a sahm with three kids. My oldest is 3 and I have twins that are 2. I have been on and off diets since ....well...forever I guess. I am doing a low carb diet and trying so hard to stick to something that makes sense and fitting it all in with taking care of all the kids and house.

I lost 70 pounds before I got preg the first time and havent manged to get it back off since. I was working then and of course without the kids I had the freedom to walk when I wanted and didnt have all these darn snacks around.

I hope some of you can relate to this. I really want to lose this weight for good. I am just finding it so hard with the running around to eat good meals and exercise.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:28 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, it looks as thought the posts from this weekend did not show up (duh, just like they said!). Welcome Jen! I will have to fill you in on my details another day, as I just came online to pay a bill and renew Dd's library fine. Thought I would check in and say hello. Sounds like you must be very busy with twins!!

Thanks to Jackie , Melissa and Spryng for the sympathy! (I need a hug right about now..... but am holding up just fine). Dd is out of the woods with the chicken pox. Ds is almost better too!

Gotta go drive my limo. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 11-25-2002, 11:26 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Lif has been crazy but I wanted to check in.

Happy thanksgiving to all!! We are leaving to go to my SIL house... But I wanted to let you all know I am alive and fine! I promise to catch up later!!
Closed Thread