View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #45
leader

S/C/G: 198/135/152

Height: 5'4"

Name: Ellen

General location: Westchester County, NY

Occupation: Weight Watchers Leader (see page 56 in this month's magazine)

Birthday: August -- a full blooded Leo.

Marital status: Married -- 2nd time. 16 years.

Children/grandchildren: none. <that I know of !>

How long have you been on WW/Flex: since 1998

How much weight do you hope to lose: I lost and have kept off 63 pounds

What do you do for exercise: walk walk walk -- and the gym once a week.

What foods help you stay OP: Pot cheese (similar to cottage but a dry curd); oatmeal is a staple but not daily breakfast, and fish.)

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I've kept it off for 10 years. I think I"m pretty good at it now.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Originally, my obstacle was fear -- what if I don't do it? what if <I hate the way I look?>; what if... you know.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: I took my time and removed the concept of "calendar" from weight loss. This time around (my 4th) was all about, "I'll get there, WHEN I get there."

What do you like to do for fun: I'm an avid reader -- including food labels!; music, and

What type of music do you like best? 60's rock. IT's the soundtrack of my childhood.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? dental floss; a hammer; SPF100!

Other comments: I just love this site, and commend and congratulate everyone here who's trying so hard to make this work. Good luck everyone, and may you only know the joys associated with being at a good weight. I'm a breast cancer survivor -- and if I can say one thing -- it would be, "If I knew then that obesity/overweight were linked to b.c., I'd never have waited so long to lose the weight."
Be well, and take care of yourself.