Old 09-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #1  

Default Hns Yuck

Ok so i love love love the peach mango. BUT to be different i decided to try the wild berry BLECH its too sweet!

so i said ok well maybe mixed berry BLECH too sweet (and looks like blood lol)

SO anyone tried them all? can you give me an idea of which ones i might like so i dont keep going back and wasting money buying these things LOL and not liking them.

I MEAN LITERALLY the only way i can drink either berry is if i DILUTE with an entire bottle of water. WHICH i guess is good but it tastes like water down kool aid then LOL
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/159/130

Height: 5'2

I am not much help because Wild Berry is my favorite! But then again, I love sweet. I am not much of a peach flavored person, so I haven't tried peach mango. I tend to like the powder wild berry, lemonade and pink lemonade but the grape concentrate. The grape also tastes like koolaid. The kiwi melon tastes just like a jolly rancher if you like those. I did not like the Cranberry grape.
I don't know if you can trade with someone or if your center has a swap basket....
I am a mail order client so I bought a lot of the cream of tomato and chicken and chicken bullion based on someone elses recommendation for cooking but I think they are too salty for me....so now I sit with several boxes of each.
If you attend a center, sometimes they have tastings so you can try a flavor.
I know in the past posts other people have talked about what they like, maybe try to search HNS.
loveamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #3  

Biloxibound
Search the Advice for newbies thread, on page 7 there is some discussion of flavors....
Old 09-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #4  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Biloxibound, you can mix HNSs with sparkling water as long as it is sugar free, caffeine free. WalMart and most grocery stores have a brand of flavored water. I mix the liquid HNSs with 10 -12 oz very cold water, otherwise, I agree, they are too sweet. After a certain day, you can have diet soda, like Diet Rite and mix HNSs with that. LoveAmy is right, some centers have a SWAP BASKET but I would suggest you only swap when you can take something out. Our center is new and I have put 14 packets in to "prime the pump" and they have disappeared - evidently some people think it is a "free sample" basket, sad I am glad they have so many different flavors because everyone's taste is different. Even something you think you might like, may not taste good to you. I ended up using grapefruit powder concentrate with the fiber for breakfast each morning, Mixedberry or KiwiMelon liquid with a fiber for lunch or dinner. Good luck finding ones you like or finding ways to make it tastier for you. jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

The kiwi melon does taste just like a green apple jolly rancher to me. Also, the grape one tastes just like a melted grape popsicle. I think mixed berry is my fave (I also like the pink lemonade). From what I understand, Wild berry seems to be the least favorite at every center....surprised it's still around.

My center has a swap basket---I know that's been mentioned above and I agree that it would be a great place for you to start. Good luck!!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

I like the orange, grape and kiwi-melon concentrates. I found that the berry concentrate tasted like cough syrup...ick. For the powders, my favorites are Wild Berry Passion and Pink Lemonade. I use the lemon from time to time, but only in cooking.

One of my other favorites is the cappuccino. YUM!!! I don't drink it hot, though. I put it in a shaker with water and ice, then drink it cold. It's been a real treat on a warm summer evening. (Since I can't have a beer!)

My biggest disappointment to date is the chocolate meal replacement shake. I was so looking forward to it, as the manager at the Lincoln clinic raved about it so. I felt it tasted only like chalk -- I couldn't get any hint of chocolate out of it. So now, I blend a bit of instant coffee with it. I picked up a bottle of Watkins chocolate extract today. Maybe that will help, too.
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #7  

LOL apparently i am a salty more than sweet LOL!
thanks for the advice! not much on jolly ranchers, i am going to try the grape. you know someone else said to mix them with the lemonade but i am not much of sour person. LOL oh well try try try LOL

Love Amy, i bought a lot of the creamy chicken and tomato too, but i cook with them. i use the tomato for "pizza, spaghetti, sloppy joes, tacos" and i love it, for pizza sauce i just make it thick. but i add chili powder, cumin and make a mexican pizza with my tortilla, ground turkey and cheese. i LOVE the mock spaghetti.

the chicken is good if you use it to make a sauce for your chicken and veggies, i add some smooth cottage cheese and water and the creamy chicken to make a really good sauce. (used to make this creamy italian chicken with cream cheese and italian dressing powder, SO GOOD, so rich, so BAD LOL!)

try cooking with them instead of eating them, i dont like them because they are salty too. I HAVE doubled the water in the creamy tomato and made a cheese quesadilla and dipped it in the soup and had a "grilled" cheese and tomato soup.
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #8  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

My favorite is kiwi melon. Now I am not a fan of jolly ranchers, but I LOVE kiwi melon. Don't count it out til ya try it!

Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biloxibound View Post
LOL apparently i am a salty more than sweet LOL!
thanks for the advice! not much on jolly ranchers, i am going to try the grape. you know someone else said to mix them with the lemonade but i am not much of sour person. LOL oh well try try try LOL

Love Amy, i bought a lot of the creamy chicken and tomato too, but i cook with them. i use the tomato for "pizza, spaghetti, sloppy joes, tacos" and i love it, for pizza sauce i just make it thick. but i add chili powder, cumin and make a mexican pizza with my tortilla, ground turkey and cheese. i LOVE the mock spaghetti.

the chicken is good if you use it to make a sauce for your chicken and veggies, i add some smooth cottage cheese and water and the creamy chicken to make a really good sauce. (used to make this creamy italian chicken with cream cheese and italian dressing powder, SO GOOD, so rich, so BAD LOL!)

try cooking with them instead of eating them, i dont like them because they are salty too. I HAVE doubled the water in the creamy tomato and made a cheese quesadilla and dipped it in the soup and had a "grilled" cheese and tomato soup.
Biloxibound
Thanks for the tips about the soups...I have tried cooking with them, the chicken was OK but I worry more about the sodium, especially because I am not much of a water drinker so I don't want to have to work on washing out all that sodium, LOL! The one time I did eat the tomato, I made a stirfry with ground turkey and veggies with it...it gave me heartburn (I have NEVER had heartburn except when I was pregnant) and I woke up at midnight and it all came back up, so I guess I have a mental block against it now and haven't been able to get the image or "taste" out of my mind!!
Maybe I will try again with another recipe!
We all have our battles, I am really glad though that I enjoy the HNS, otherwise I would have to cheat more often for something sweet!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Kiwi-Melon is about the only one I can handle for the clears; and while the chocolate pudding isn't super I like it because mentally it gives me my chocolate fix! Has anyone tried the lemon chiffon pudding? Sounds good, but I haven't tried it yet.
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192.5/157/155

Height: 5'6"

The Green Tea and Cranberry is my favorite. I like it hot also.
vabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine View Post
Kiwi-Melon is about the only one I can handle for the clears; and while the chocolate pudding isn't super I like it because mentally it gives me my chocolate fix! Has anyone tried the lemon chiffon pudding? Sounds good, but I haven't tried it yet.
I like the lemon chiffon pudding. Mix it with a little water until it is a thick paste. Roll into a round, then roll in some dry pudding mix. Taste like a lemon bite! Yumm!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote