Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default I really do love my husband but....

Last night I was with a group of friends and one of them made a peach cobbler. It was still warm! I couldn't refuse that! I had about 300 calories left for the day so I decided to have some. She made me the hugest plate of the stuff you'd ever seen. But I ate just a few bites and then decided to bring the rest home for my husband. It was so good I wanted him to try it. He at the rest of it and said it was great too.

So tonight he goes to a meeting and afterward he comes in the door and says I got something for you. He brought me home some chocolate and peanut butter fudge!

Like I said, I really do love him.

I thought it was a sweet gesture cause he never does things like that. So I told him thank you and I would save it for tomorrow. I'll save some of my calories so I can have a couple bites of it tomorrow.

I really love the freedom of counting calories. There is no way I could do that on any other plan I've ever been on. I can eat anything and anywhere as long as I plan for it.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #2  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile Awww what a sweetheart!

You are blessed, and it was a nice gesture. Like you said, just work it in and you can always freeze fudge for a later date.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

To be honest, my first thought was that the fudge would start me craving sweets and could throw me completely off plan. Of course, we are all different and you may be able to handle it.

He sounds like a very sweet husband. You may have to explain the lure of sweets to him.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Lesson learned. Bring home a treat for hubby, he will bring home one for you.

He is a keeper, even if it takes you WEEKS to eat that fudge
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #5  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Yeah, I've never had a problem with sweets. Odd I know, but true. Now if he had brought me home a plate home made fries/chips and a big ole ribeye steak or a plate of creamy pasta, I might would have went nuts. I tend to gravitate towards sauces, fried things, pasta and fatty meaty things. But sweets, never has been a problem for me. Except for freshly made still hot donuts, I would have went crazy for donuts... I could eat a whole dozen of those
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #6  
wants that Louis Vuitton!

S/C/G: 300/203.4/170

Height: 5'5"

omg hpnodat...i can TOTALLY relate.. I can totally take or leave the sweets...maybe have a bite or two and feel happy...but if you bring home a plate of pasta...I'm in trouble!!! Good for you for willpower! =)
StellarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #7  

OMg peanut butter fudge!!!! YUM! good for you for sticking to it and knowing your limits. I probably would have gobbled it up.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #8  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

That was sweet of him...
I'm doing calorie counting too and I love feeling the freedom of it. Moderation is key.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

And that is why I love calorie counting, too. No restrictions but planning is the key. I would have a hard time resisting peanut butter fudge.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarGirl View Post
omg hpnodat...i can TOTALLY relate.. I can totally take or leave the sweets...maybe have a bite or two and feel happy...but if you bring home a plate of pasta...I'm in trouble!!! Good for you for willpower! =)
Agreed--sweets I can generally deal with, unless I'm extra vulnerable. Pasta however, is a HUGE weakness for me!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #11  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
Yeah, I've never had a problem with sweets. Odd I know, but true. Now if he had brought me home a plate home made fries/chips and a big ole ribeye steak or a plate of creamy pasta, I might would have went nuts. I tend to gravitate towards sauces, fried things, pasta and fatty meaty things. But sweets, never has been a problem for me. Except for freshly made still hot donuts, I would have went crazy for donuts... I could eat a whole dozen of those
OMG.. I never knew I had a long lost sister. lol That is me to a "T"! Good for you for saving that fudge. He was so sweet to get it for you! I love my hubby, too.. but he ate cheesecake in front of me - with blackberry sauce. One strike. LOL! I'm kidding of course.. I don't expect him to change anything just because I am. Dang that looked good, though. For me it is donuts & cheesecake.
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote