Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat -Weds- 9/02

Hey ladies! Just starting us off today....
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152.5/149.5/125

Height: 5'5"

Greetings everyone
I don't know if any of you remember me, I disappeared for a little while. I got distracted and haven't made any progress weight wise
I still go to the gym 4-5 days a week but I have not been watching what I eat at all, well, not good enough anyway, I haven't gained any but haven't lost any either...
I'm just frustrated because going to the gym should be enough darn it! And it would be if I had been like this my whole life...I'm trying not to be mad at myself, but it makes me so mad when I see how much going to the gym does for me that if I had just gotten a clue 15 years ago I wouldn't be in this flabby cellulite ridden mess! Grrrr!

OK sorry to bring this thread down! More importantly, how is everyone else doing today? Any big plans for the long weekend? I am LOVING the weather in my neck of the woods! It has cooled down a lot and no humidity! I slept better last night than I had in months because I was so comfortable temperature wise...it was lovely!
Harps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #3  

Hi Harps! Don't beat youself up. Unfornuately the gym is not enough sometimes. As long as your not gaining and your not losing then your maintaining. If you want to lose weight then start eating better to get that process going again.

The weather has been much cooler at night but very humid. You can feel fall in the air.

No big plans for the weekend. DH and I are planning on going Saturday to switch our cell phones from Sprint to either ATT or Verizon. Depends on who we can get the best deal with. I have a list of things I need (want) to get done around the house and I really need to get started fundraising for a trip to South America in January (mission trip with church, cost around $1,000). It's expensive but I may never get to travel like that again so I really want to go.

My eating has been good. I have stayed away from the candy, sugar and bad carbs this week. I have had a few times where it's been tough but overall it's not as bad as I once thought the LC lifestyle would be. DH is enjoying that I cook more and DD is happy because we are eating breakfast together every morning.

that's it from me, what's going on with everyone else?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #4  

Hiya Squeak351 -
Oh, believe me I know what I should be doing, ha! You know what part of my trouble is, and this is kindof a biggie for me - I am relocating to Australia in about 2 1/2 - 3 months and there is so much I want to get in before I leave! LOTS of ethnic food that I can only get here
So, believe it or not thats part of it! Anyway...

South America! Lovely! I have always wanted to go there, I hope you raise the money and have a fabulous time! Definately take this opportunity, life is short and traveling is so important, its spiritual and good for the soul, religious-wise or not...the best times in my life were spent wandering wide eyed in an unknown place

My husband and I have Verizon and I hate them. I can not wait to be able to have any phone on any network with as many applications as I want for whatever price I choose depending on usage (thats how all phones work everywhere else in the world)

I love love love the fall. Its my favorite time of the year
Old 09-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #5  

Harps where are you at?

Australia, really? I have always wanted to go to there. And of course Ireland, Scotland, Greece, and everywhere else too.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Afternoon ladies!

You're talking about South America etc....makes me think of my dream vacation to Italy...DH and I plan on going for the first time for our 10th wedding anniversary...so 8 more years to go!

I've been eating crap and haven't gotten back to the gym yet I saw my WL doctor today and I've lost 1lb since I last saw her. I keep fluctuating 1-3lbs...it drives me nuts. I have to get myself down to about 188lbs before DH and I can start TTC. I'm hoping I can achieve that goal in the next 6 months!

Hope you're all having a happy hump day!

Is it friday yet???
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Oooo Australia! I spent a semester at the University at Perth. LOVED IT.

I've had Verizon for about 10 years. They've been the best. We get great customer service and free upgrade phones every two years.

I'm doing alright. Lots of highs & lows recently. But I'm pulling through. I'm reading more than I'm posting.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
Harps where are you at?

Australia, really? I have always wanted to go to there. And of course Ireland, Scotland, Greece, and everywhere else too.
Currently I reside in New Jersey. My husband is Australian (I met him whilst travelling) and we are moving to Australia permanently. I am sad to go but also know our new life begins there, we both want this very much. The only "con" is leaving my family behind, and believe me thats a HUGE "con"

C'est la vie
Old 09-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #9  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Hey, Ladies!!

I've been AWOL for a few days because I had some family in town visiting. I lost a pound before they came and had some not-so-great days while they were here. I'm kind of hovering slightly above that lost pound, but I think that if I can put together a few good days in a row here I'll end up okay. I want to really batten down the hatches before this weekend, though, because Mr Rebound and I are traveling to see family, and both traveling AND being with family make me eat like crap.

I didn't stop counting, though, which I'm proud of. Usually in a week I'll vary between 1300 and 1700 calories. If there is something special going on, I'll have a 2000 calorie day once a week or a few times a month or so. When my family was here I had two or three 2000 calorie days. Then (and this is what I'm NOT proud of) I had a 3000 calorie day. So the next day I told myself: get this under control! I had a 1400 calorie day planned and ended up with about 1700, so I was going in the right direction -- anyway, the point of this rambling is that I had a so-so few days but I'm trying to get right back on track without freaking out. I think I'll maintain or have a loss of a few ounces, but I'm not going to let that freak me out. I'm in this for the long-haul, and I'm taking every day one step at a time.

But it feels good to be back with you ladies!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/202/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that I can join you. I was doing really well for awhile. Lost a bunch then hit a plateau at 202 /sigh so close to onederland. And I got frustrated and since then have put on 10lbs. I am ready to get serious again. I would love to join this group so we can all work toward our goals together!
nalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Welcome back to those that have been gone and the important thing is not how long you have been gone , but that you came back . Good luck on your goals.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #12  

Yes!

doesnt matter if you've been here before or a newbie jump right in. The more support from each other the better for each of us.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Harps - how the heck do you ever argue?? Every time an Aussie opens their mouth I swoon. lol
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote