Old 09-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #1  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default Worldlies Seriously Stepping It Up in September to Get Slim and Strong

HERE WE ARE IN SEPTEMBER AND READY TO FOLLOW MICHELLE AS SHE LEADS US KICKING AND SCREAMING INTO A NEW SLIM AND STRONG MONTH!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-01-2009 at 08:44 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #2  
Happy September

MICHELLE~ HOPE WE CAN ALL KEEP UP WITH YOU IN SEPTEMBER. I AM GAME TO TRY! HOW'S THE CHEST? TIME FOR AN XRAY? IT'S BEEN CHILLY HERE TOO. THAT WAS LOTS OF WORK YOU AND THE DH HAD! TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF!!!

ANNIE~ HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH YOUR SON AND DON'T OVERDO IT!! DON'T NEED YOU GETTING TO WORK LATE AGAIN. LUCKY NO ONE WAS THE WISER

JEANETTE~ I TRIED TO GET THERE TO HELP OUT BUT THE OFFICE TIED ME TO THE COMPUTER AND GAVE ME FLATS SO I COULDN'T GET OUT!! HOPE YOU DO GET TO HAVE MORE LONG WEEKENDS. MORE TIME FOR CEEJAY IN THE FALL WOULD BE A NICE THING BEFORE WINTER.

HAPPY & SHAD...I FORGOT WHAT YOU BOTH SAID BACK THERE I DO REMEMBER SEEING A FLOWER FOR CEEJAY THOUGH...BEAUTIFUL. SOMETHING ABOUT ACHOCOLATE ROSE? SORRY GALS.

OK GALS...I AM OFF. THE TRUCK IS NOT HERE BUT SHOULD BE SOON. HAVE A GREAT SEPTEMBER DAY!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-01-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mel thank you for setting up the new thread. I just LOVE your avatar AND your "theme" for this month. VERY CLEVER! So witty for a cool and early morning. Now just keep control of the day.

I'm sorry but I tried to remember some things from the last few posts to comment on but lost it while I was transitioning. All I can remember is that gorgeous rose Shad and wondering how it got a name Chocolate. Soooo pretty!

I guess I will try and catch up later. It's the first of a new month, going to try and make some new good habits, the first of which is getting out of the house earlier.

Happy September to all. Gimme a smile, yeah?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #4  
Happy September

HAPPY~ I CAN'T TAKE THE CREDIT FOR SEPTEMBER'S THEME...I STOLE IT RIGHT OUT OF MICHELLE'S POST!! IT WAS ONE OF HER WISHFUL THINKING POSTS JUST BEFORE WE LEFT. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT SMILE TODAY ALSO!

THE DELIVERY WAS CANCELLED

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-01-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #5  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy September ladies -

I'm in a great mood today! Maybe it's the double dose of coffee to start the day, I'm not sure. I went for a short walk yesterday. It felt good to move a little. I then came home and played frisbee and ball with the dogs. My eating was good last night, and I got a good night's sleep, with just one small coughing fit at around 2 am. Today, if I can keep the coughing fits/asthma attacks to a minimum, I plan to walk on my lunch hour while the weather is still nice enough to do it, and then go to the gym after work for a bit of cardio and weights. But I promise, I'll listen to my body and I won't overdo or tax my lungs too much.

Shad - I chuckled at your Baby It's Cold Out There! How cold is it? We are truly having record cold night time temps for this time of year. This morning, it got down to 39 degrees! That's cold. I'm just glad I don't have to scrape the frost off my windshield. I'm glad your veges are enjoying the weather. I'm hoping to have all my green tomatoes ripen before the first frost. The Hot Chocolate Rose is lovely! I expected something a bit more maroon though. Hmmmm. Good for you for going walking with Chris! When you say the bush paths...do you mean the "real" bush? Like where it's dry, desert with low shrubs and lots of snakes, spiders, etc...like we see on TV shows? My Handy DH is amazing! He can literally fix EVERYTHING, even if it's something he's never fixed/worked on before. That's why I convinced him to go into Computer Repair/Network Administration over a decade ago...he was building and fixing computers for us...why not get paid for it.

Ceejay - I hope you have a good day at work, and enjoy your 4 days off. Are you doing anything special? Relaxing at home? Going to Paragould? I hope we have lovely fall foliage this year (but not too soon - hehe). We've had a lot of water too.

Mel - I love the theme, and the photo of the woman stretching. Thanks for setting up the new thread. I definitely intend to step it up this month! Thanks for asking about my chest congestion. It's still there, but I'm avoiding going to the doc for an x-ray. He's gonna want to put me on Prednisone, and even though I know that will help, I don't want to go on it because it's way too soon after my cortisone shot for my back...and it would probably preclude me from having another shot in a few months if I need one. Glad that the delivery was cancelled. Hope that means you can relax today!

Happy - Good for you for getting out of the house earlier! You're definitely starting the month out right by tracking points, planning meals and all that stuff! Good on ya!!

A big to Annie, Patty, Ruth, Laura and everyone! Let's here it for a Superb September!

Love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

September here we come.......everyone all aboard..choo choo....

Worked my arse off at CVS last night, didn't even take my 15 min break. The customers were constant, don't know who opened the barn doors. Slept till 2:30 then woke up, couldn't sleep, watched Frazier and half of CSI Miami before I could get back to sleep. A bit tired today and work tonight also. Great business for CVS, job security and all, but peeps could you plese stay home tonight.

Chelle...thanks for your good mood this morning, I believe it has rubbed off on me too! Take her easy on the exercise, yesterday's exercise schedule sounded perfect for you.

Happy....enjoy your time off next week. You deserve it. Great egg boiling tip, I actually do use the cold water trick. Ok...you said it, you are seriously starting over, I am going to hold you to it.

Shad...it is nice to have a walking buddy, it always make me want to stick with it more. Kind of motivate each other to go.

Ceejay....sorry we were of no help with the work situation. I just couldn't manage it with my own work situation...hope you enjoy your 4 days off, you deserve it too!

MEL...sorry your "Big Boy" didn't make it for the delivery... you might try "cookie, little boy" it sometimes works. lol WOW....great pix of Chelle to start the thread. When did she have that taken. Last week at weigh in? Thanks for starting the new thread.

Hey to everyone.

Love and Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #7  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - You be careful not to work too hard. You're putting in long hours and not sleeping enough...it's no wonder that your body choose sleep over pleasure last weekend. Yesterday's exercise was fun for me and the doggies...but probably not enough to make a difference at weigh in. I gotta step it up a bit, right? You're too funny about the photo of "me" to start the thread! Someday, sista, I hope to look like that. Right now, I'm just very WELL ROUNDED! The only similarity is the long hair in a ponytail!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...we are what we project....good mood, happy, slim and trim if only in our minds....you will be there soon with the rate you are going. I must say, I am so proud of you and all you are doing to better your healthy life. Don't worry about my sleep ethics....they have been this way since my kids were born. I haven't slept through the night since November of '85 when Sam was born. It used to bother/worry me...now I just live with it. Eventually I will konck out after 3 or 4 nights like that. It all comes out in the wash....
Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

Thanks for the kind words, Annie! You are so sweet. I will work on augmenting my positive attitude with a positive self image as well. I won't worry about your sleep habits. You know yourself best. I just know I don't do well if I get less than 7 hours a night, and since I've had this cold, I've on occasion enjoyed 10 or 11 hours of sleep a night.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #10  

Hello everyone! I was back to work yesterday, trying to catch up. Still working on that. I'll catch up soon here too, just popping in to say hi.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

OK Girls...I have a challenge for you all.....I am tired all the time (not from lack of sleep either) it is from eating the wrong foods..carbs, sugars etc. I don't move enough, my mind drops into negative zone more often then I would like, I hate the way I feel in my clothes and I just literally feel like poo....I am up 14 lbs from my goal of 143. Sooooooooo here is my challenge to the Worldlies Girlies........lose 10-14 bs by Halloween. That is 8 weeks and 4 days away. You can chose your own healthy way of eating, your own healthy way of exercising and let's make weigh in day on Thursday to coincide with Chelle's weigh in day just in case she wants in on this challenge. Waddaya say? Who is in? Any other "rules" anyone wants to add? If we start on Thursday, that would be 8 wks and 2 days to lose 10-14 lbs....Please don't tell me I don't need to lose, we all know how we feel in our own bodies. I want/need to do this.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #12  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Back for an update...

Annie - I am completely with you on the challenge for the exact reasons you specify. We ate "convieniently" while on vacation - processed foods I don't normally eat. And with it came bloat, weight gain (from salt) and a generally malcontented feeling. The only thing I will not do with you is commit to any specific weight loss. I cannot seem to get below a certain set point, I hit it and bounce back up again which really bums me out. So I am losing the scale but am totally focusing on eating clean, good for you foods, logging the food so I can keep track of portions and calories/points and making sure I get daily exercise. Count me on one side of you marching in step. Thanks for suggesting this. I would join Michelle in worrying about your sleeping habits but as you say, you know what is routine for you. It's just with the extra job, I hope you don't get run down. I guess I just have to liquor you up

back at you Laura, we'll catch up soon.

39 degrees Michelle? Say it isn't so? that's really pushing the fall season. I opened the door for the cat this morning and thought boy it's getting cool but no where near what you've got. Brisk walking there lady My DH is like your's - I am completely fascinated that someone can take apart something they never dealt with and get it all back together. I either have left over parts or put it together backwards. Having a house too, it's really great to have someone who's handy around. I sure hope you can get those poor lungs dried out before the winter cold season starts. I snatched a bit of your good mood and you know, it DOES feel good!

MEL - WHEN YOU SAY GATHER THEE NUTS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT US?

DH just called. I sent him to the store to get coffee and he wanted to know where I kept the vases and flower food. He finally told me that he bought me roses!!! I need to take that man on vacation more often

Time to get back to work. See yah.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #13  
Annie - Indiana

Sounds good Happy...I just want the challenge out there, how we each do it, or by what means is totally up to you. I think if we feel a little accountable, we might even accomplish something...smiles~~~

and yes, the NUTS MEL may be referring to could be us!!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

No worries about sleep, no one in the office today, so I crawled under my desk and took a 30 minute honk shu....lol
Old 09-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #15  
Creating a Healthier Me

I went for a 25 min. walk today at lunch...and I'm so glad I did. It was gorgeous out...mid 70s, not a cloud in the sky. The sky was SO blue and clear. What a great day! I came back inside feeling refreshed and energized. I'm so glad to be able to exercise (gently) again! I'm looking forward to getting to the gym tonight.

Annie - I am SO with you on losing 10-14 lbs by Halloween! Thanks for making weigh in day on Thursday - that's very convenient for me! My eating has been good for the most part, with just the occasional slip, but I'm DEFINITELY wanting/needing to get back into an exercise routine!! Did you REALLY sleep under your desk today?

Happy - We're probably going out of town for a bit over Labor Day and my b'day, so I too will have to find ways to eat healthy at convenient places. Yes, 39 degrees! We had record low temps the past two days, and yes, I'm hoping to get my lungs clear before frosty temps. I'm glad to share my good mood with anyone and everyone, especially great friends like y'all! Enjoy! So nice of your DH to buy you flowers!! How sweet!

I gotta get back to work as well. Here's to a great rest of the day for all of us!

Last edited by diyana; 09-01-2009 at 02:59 PM.