Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 06:53 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Alternachat Nov 17 onwards

Evening everyone!

Just thought I would start a new thread for the week. The old one is archived.

Flower~Yay! Glad you got your house! It sounds great!

We went to see the movie "The Ring" today. It was so creepy! It is one of the better horror/suspense films I have seen in a while.

We have the original film in Chinese which I think I will have to watch again sometime soon.

We are taking my parents to go see the new Harry Potter film this week Can't wait to see it!

DH has gone to his friend's place to watch WWE Wrestling on pay per view so I have the house to myself So I am off to have a bath, a facial and a manicure/pedicure

Goodnight Chiquitas
Old 11-17-2002, 10:14 PM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Just got back from seeing the Ring. Very freaky.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:59 PM   #3  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Glad for the warning, I am definately gonna go skip that one! I am a scaredy cat!

I walked the last two days just for fun. BF just got switched to day shift 7a to 3p instead of 3p to 11p. This is going to take some getting used to. I woke with an awful headache! The cat tried to get the bird all night. (WE are camping in my dad's living room). I tried to catch her and throw her in the shop for the night but she said no way. Grif woke every 2 hours and then as soon as I got bf off to work, my older boys fought! Hopefully Grif will go down for a nap soon and I have 5 hours till everyone gets home again.

I am still waiting on loan approval...but I am relatively sure I got it. I was approved for a different property. The unknown is unnerving though. It is going to be a long day. ~flower
Old 11-18-2002, 07:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Flower, flower... you're freakin' me out! Did you get it? Huh, huh?
Old 11-19-2002, 07:49 AM   #5  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Good morning ladies,

I think I'm going to nap on the couch after dd goes off to school. And I didn't even go to bed late last night. But I need all the energy I can get this evening. It's my first day back to work since I got my wisdom teeth out.
My mouth is doing pretty good. I can now chew on my left side of my mouth but can't on the right side yet. And it feels like I have "canker" sores on the sides of my mouth near where the teeth were. That's what is bothering me the most.

Last night I made 4 dozen gingerbread cookies. The low fat kind of course! They are just little round cookies, not the gingerbread men cookies. And they turned out wonderful. Today I'm going to make low-fat/low-cal Banana Nut Muffins! Yummy!

Nothing on my agenda to day except baking the muffins and getting my nails done. Oh, and putting away the laundry that dd and I did last night.

Well I'm off to get some breakfast. I'll pop back in here late and see what you are all up too!

Have a great op day!
Kelly
Old 11-19-2002, 01:09 PM   #6  
you can call me flower

I still don't know. But thats cause Mr Jim didn't put in the figures til late yesterday afternoon. He promised to call today. I just baked Light Pumpkin Spice cookies. I bake when I am stressed out. I smoked a salmon yesterday. (It is so yummy) I had better hear something soon or I will have to open my own coffeeshop.

I am going to Sacramento on Thursday. StepMom has a business meeting and she wants the company for the drive. So we will take the 2 year old and leave the rest. Sounds good to me. We will go to the mall before we head home and we will stop in Reno on Friday afternoon for a seafood buffet.

I am off to finish the cookies (they need to be iced)
and clean the kitchen. Then I have to go find a reciept in all my packed boxes so I can exchange something while I am in Sacramento. I had better remember where it is soon because I will have opened all of my million boxes looking for odds and ends. Got tape???
Old 11-19-2002, 02:12 PM   #7  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Afternoon ladies,

Flower--I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the phone call this afternoon. Hope you have luck on finding that receipt. I'm bad for tossing my receipts and not keeping them incase I need them down the road.
I just finished making Banana Nut Muffins. The look yummy!

Well, I ended up dozing on the couch after dd went to school. Then I got up and showered and was going to go and get my nails done when I decided to see if I could get in and get my hair cut at my salon. They did have time so I got my hair cut and then went and got my nails done! I feel much better when my hair is cut. It's been about 2 months since I got it cut last and I have short hair, and when it starts to grow, it gets to long and I can't spike it and get it to stay up...lol

Where is everyone today?

We are having a dull and dreary day here today. And it's been raining all morning and afternoon. As long as it doesn't freeze I can live with it.

I'm off to get my dishes done and then settle down to watch Dr. Phil.

You ladies have a wonderful night and chat with you later.

Kelly
Old 11-19-2002, 10:59 PM   #8  
you can call me flower

The phone didn't ring once today!!!! UGH!!!! My money isn't in my account either. I can not stand waiting any more! Cheesecake didn't make me feel any better either. I suppose I will just have to be anxious another day. Patience is not my best trait. ~flower
Old 11-20-2002, 09:39 AM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey, when is Ruthxxx getting back? I found a shrimp toast recipe for her (I'm serious, I really do have that recipe for her)

Flower, I hope you get some good news today!
Old 11-20-2002, 09:42 AM   #10  

I think she's getting back any minute. Was it yesterday? I want the recipe, too! I've never had shrimp toast!
Old 11-20-2002, 11:00 AM   #11  
Must Shrink.

Hello.... I'm back. Again.

I'll slip in quietly and read back on months and months of messages....

Lois / Lamorgan

(sitting quietly at the back of the room for awhile...)

Old 11-20-2002, 11:10 AM   #12  

Lois darling, where have you been? Is everything alright? We've missed you!
Old 11-20-2002, 12:15 PM   #13  
Must Shrink.

All is well! Just got bulldozed from life... Diet (and cooking) shot out the window.

I'm quite loving being 40 though!

It's the balancing act that's hard. Realizing that the house is going to suffer. The garden not put to bed properly, wishing sometimes that we had bought that tiny house in toronto many years ago with the patio garden the size of my kitchen.

So I think I'm overwhelmed with all the hats I have to wear, and how partitioned my life has become.

I get a month off of school, and thanks to re-structuring , my work hours have been slashed, so life will slow down.

See ya soon!

L
Old 11-20-2002, 12:28 PM   #14  
you can call me flower

LaMorgan-you just have to sigh and drop one of the balls every once in awhile. Life is a big game of juggleing. You can keep most of it in the air, but everyonce in awhile, something will have to fall down. Just try again, try again....

I have got to find something to occupy my mind today. Ughhhh!!! ~flower
Old 11-20-2002, 02:03 PM   #15  

Lois, I hear ya, hon! I always wanted a big old house, and now that I've got it (plus kids, a husband, a garden, umpteen hobbies, renovation plans, etc ) I've realized ... I NEED SERVANTS!!!

I have some friends who I feel the need to impress, but the really good ones are those who just accept my currently disorganized life and love me for who I am.
I just brought in some of my pots from the garden today. They were buried in the snow. What's the worst that could happen? They could break! We can't afford to have a nervous breakdown trying to be Martha Stewart all the time. Let it go and enjoy life, sweetie. And enjoy being 40! I'm looking forward to it, too!
Closed Thread