Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile WW General Forum Meet and Greet

Here's a nice place to tell each other a little bit about yourself. Although some of the different groups here have their own bio sections, this is a good starting point for us to get to know each other.

Through the years, I have tried many weight loss programs but have had the best success with Weight Watchers. Two things I like best about WW is that I can enjoy the same foods as my family, and that no food is off limits.

My biggest challenge of losing weight is controlling emotional eating.

For years I worked as a Human Resources Director, and I am a real "people person". I am married, the mom of 3 grown children, and grandma to 8 grandchildren. I like to travel, spend time with family, meet new friends here, and listen to music. I especially like anything to do with Walt Disney World!

As a moderator here, if there is any way I might be able to help you, please just let me know.

Who will be next to share?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #2  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

My name is Ashley. I am a 24 year old wife and mother to one son, Logan, who will be 2 August 12th. I have been married 5 yrs. as of April 24th and we're currently living in Germany via the Army. I love life here and being able to travel - even my son was born here in Germany. The first time I was on WW I lost 40 lbs and felt fantastic, soon after I had a miscarriage and ballooned back up. About 7 months after that I became pregnant with my son and a year later I had my daughter. We lost my daughter to SIDS in October and then my thyroid was jacked for several months..so yeah I had a lot going on, but no more excuses...I am on to losing now. This is me starting week 5 on the program again and it's coming off slow, but I am losing..this time for good!

Ashley
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162.6/155.4/145

Height: 5'2"

Hello Everyone, My name is Jessica and I am 19 years old. I have struggled with being the chubby one all my life but have never been on a real diet before. I am a nursing student and since starting almost 3 years ago I have seen more pounds pack on. What really got me is buying a pair of jeans and then one I got tired of those and having the buy ANOTHER next size up! I just really dont want to be that person that looks at a picture of themselves five years ago and wonders how did all those pounds get there?? I joined WW about 2 months ago because my friend from school was. So far I really like it and have lost about 8 lbs. My biggest issue so far has been working in a coffee/pizza/pastery shop and getting to eat whatever I want for free. We have these cookies that I am in LOVE with, but are 9 points each! Somedays I literally trade them for dinner which I know is NOT good!! Anyways, I am trying!

Last edited by Saffytaffy; 07-14-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Saffytaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/166.2/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm baaack! Returning to WW for the millionth time but this one's gonna be my last! I'm tired of yo-yoing and don't want to spend the best years of my life battling the scale!

This time I went back to the meetings, not just WW online, feel that I really need the extra support to get to goal once and for all. I'm hoping to find support and encouragement here as well, I need all of the help I can get!
strega*luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #5  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Here's a nice place to tell each other a little bit about yourself. Although some of the different groups here have their own bio sections, this is a good starting point for us to get to know each other.

Through the years, I have tried many weight loss programs but have had the best success with Weight Watchers. Two things I like best about WW is that I can enjoy the same foods as my family, and that no food is off limits.

My biggest challenge of losing weight is controlling emotional eating.

For years I worked as a Human Resources Director, and I am a real "people person". I am married, the mom of 3 grown children, and grandma to 8 grandchildren. I like to travel, spend time with family, meet new friends here, and listen to music. I especially like anything to do with Walt Disney World!

As a moderator here, if there is any way I might be able to help you, please just let me know.

Who will be next to share?
I like you have tried several diets and now I am on MRC. It is a little costly but I have droped 20 pounds. I need to about 100 more pounds
Smileydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #6  
Just starting

S/C/G: 235/182/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello Chicks!

My name is Melissa and I am an almost 29 year old woman living in South Western Ontario (5 minutes from Detroit) in Canada.

I work full time at a career I am passionate about, and in my spare time I rescue, breed, raise, train, show and trial my Labrador retrievers. LOVE 'EM, and my weight loss is partly motivated by them!

I did weight watchers 9 years ago and lost 30 lbs, this time, I've lost 30lbs in 12 weeks. I hope to lose another 30!
phatchick911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I've been a member of 3FC for about a year and a half now, but it's been almost that long since I visited the site. As dieting goes, I "fell off the wagon" and stopped coming here, mostly to prevent myself from being reminded how poorly I was doing with my diet.

I'm sort of glad to see that I've only gained 7 pounds since I was last here, but that's still a weight gain, and I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I joined WW for the second time in three years yesterday, and am feeling pretty motivated this time around! I have about 70 lbs to lose, and am off to a great start. I'm looking forward to sharing my ups and downs with you all, as well as reading about what you're all going through! I truly believe that we can achieve anything we set our minds to, as long as we have the support of others to motivate us.
blackbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #8  
South Beach Newbie

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Hi! I just started WW on Thursday, and I am looking forward to being more involved on this board. I've posted a bit on the SouthBeach board, but I haven't been on for a year or so I think.

My name is Rachel, I am 28, and I am a SAHM to four kids- the oldest is 6, and the youngest is 8 weeks. Now that we have completed our family, I feel like I really need to get busy and get my body back into shape or I will become a little too comfortable with my size.

My mom is a Lifetime Member at WW, losing 56 pounds, so she is a great support at home, but I know it's great to have "friends" with a lot of ideas and opinions. I look forward to getting to know everyone better!
rcb722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192.5/179/146

Height: 5ft7in

I've been doing South Beach for a few months and I was successful at doing it, but I have decided to join WW because the variety of foods is greater and it was a little difficult to cook 2 dinners every evening. I have been a member of this site for a few months now and find it very helpful for dieting questions. I am not going to meetings as extra money is not available right now. I have an old WW book and I am going to give it a whirl on my own. I am a mother of 2. I work part time, but my passion is my family so I do everything I can to spend more time with them.
Stephwantstobeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #10  

Default Joining.....again

I have decided since my clothes are getting tight that it is time to get back to this. I never reached my goal weight I just gave up after a long plateau. I was able to maintain for a year but now the weight is creeping back up and I know my eating habits wit portion control suck!

I hve yet to weigh myself..I am actually scared to. I will be going to my first WW meeting Tomorrow and I will see the damage then.

I have issues with being hard on myself when I work hard to loose the weight don't cheat and workout a lot and see nothing budge on the scale. I also have a competitive Hubby that also needs to and wants to lose weight. He tends to lose it faster then I can and I get mad, though he is being supportive I feel that his doing better is like rubbing it in my face that I can't do as well even though he cheats with eats a lot of bad foods and sits on his butt and doesn't work out at all.

I don't know if I have a goal weight, but I would like to fit into my size 10 pants again. Currently Im n size 12 that are getting a bit tight. I probally have 20-40 lbs to lose.
harlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I am Sheena and I am a 47 year old mother of three and a church bookkeeper.
I have lost 12 pounds since starting WW in January. I have not been as dedicated to the plan as I should be but at least I am losing. My WW leader suggested we view September the same as January. It is a great time to start again. School has started for those of us with kids still in school and fall is coming.

I met with a trainer today to start working with weights instead of just doing cardio. I hope it will help me to lose more weight.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 269.6/ticker/119

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm Steph, a 27 year old single lady who lives in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. I started Weight Watchers on 5/13/09 and have lost 34.6 pounds so far on the plan. I originally started the At Work Weight Watchers program but unfortunately my office couldn't get enough interested to continue with the at work meetings. I have now joined at the WW center and look forward to continuing my journey towards my goal weight.
LifetimeJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #13  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi! I'm Feral. I'm 25 and live in Raleigh, NC. I work at a middle school in the Guidance office and am a pre-nursing major. I joined WW January of this year and saw the lbs start to come off and then got derailed. So I'm here to start again! My goal is to lose about 70 lbs!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #14  

Hello everyone...I'm a 25 year old, happily married, mommy of 3 living in CA! I've always been a thicker girl, but after having my children I've become a FAT mom! I have done every diet under the sun, and have constantly struggled with my weight...Back in 2004 right before I got pregnant with my twins, I lost close to 40lbs on WW and did it in about 4 months, looked great and felt awesome...It was hard work and since then I've been looking for "faster" ways to lose...I always go back to fasting, diet pills and low carb diets...I started atkins Monday and by Wednesday morning I knew I needed to sign back up with WW and STICK with it this time...so here I am giving it one more shot and hoping that this forum will help keep me motivated...I have lost 8lbs on my own want to lose about 90 more!!!
Fat2PhatMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #15  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Hello Everyone! I'm a 46 yr old mother of 2 awesome boys! I joined Weight Watchers 10 weeks ago and have lost 20 lbs. I still have a long way to go...but I find in addition to the weekly meetings, posting here may be yet another way of being held accountable

Thanks in advance for all your support!
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote