Old 08-31-2009, 09:51 AM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy I need help: Im not doing so well

I really dont know what has happened to me. I have binged for the last 3 weekends in a row and cant seem to get a handle on it. I havent lost any more weight and am scared to death this might be the end of my weight loss journey if I dont get a handle on it quick. Ive had to make myself go walking for exercise, literally. I just cant seem to stop the binging. I want to lose 80 more lbs and I am so depressed and scared.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #2  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

You are doing so amazing... don't give up now! Sometimes it feels like everytime I take a step forward my body takes two steps back... like I am fighting with myself because part of my mind wants to stay safe behind the cushion of my fat.

You have made amazing progress and it's great that you are still walking. Are you meal planning on the weekends at all? What is your weekend schedule like?
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 AM   #3  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Have you been keeping track of everything you eat, even on days you don't eat on plan? That's what gets me everytime, is when I stop writing down what I eat. When I stop being accountable. Another thing I do is keep a journal and write how I'm feeling and things that are going on.
You've already lost 91 lbs! That's fantastic. Be proud of what you have accomplished so far try not to focus on how much more you want to lose. It can be overwhelming. You can do it! You siggy even says so!
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Just as your name says....you can do it....come on, get a grip on it. Don't let all your hard work go by the wayside. Reach out, ask for help for the higher up.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Mug CAN do it, you are DOING it. You WILL continue doing it. This is what you want. This is what you have worked for.

Set yourself for success. Get the crap out of the house. If it's something you have EVER binged, get rid of it now. Put it down the disposal if you must.

Find some things you CAN binge. Some of mine are baby carrots, Shiratake noodles, Arctic Zero ice cream, egg whites and tons of vegetables and non-fat cooking spray, coffee with sweetner, etc.

Are you eating enough healthy fats and plenty of protein???? Are you drinking your water????

Last, lets replace the weekend habits. What is it about the weekend that allows you to binge? Do you stay home--than get out! Make yourself window shop, walk, go volunteer somewhere. Whatever.

You CAN do this. You ARE doing this.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Oh Mug, I do know how you feel, I'm in the same kind of situation, like I've lost control, like I can't remember how to do it.

I followed suggestions on here about trying to keep 'clean' for 3 days. That was hard but doable. Today I'm on day 2 of a second set of 3, and it's still not easy. I've just stood for 5 minutes with a loaf of home made bread in my hand, debating whether to eat some or not. So far, not is winning.

Have a
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hang in there! I know how it feels to stall out and have set backs, it's hard! Take a deep breath (this is for me too, ha!), and just start back on plan in the moment you're in. Those past weekends are past, think about how you can deal with the one coming up.

Remember, and I've had to tell myself this lots of times, hitting glitches is part of the process.

Don't be scared, you have lots of support here and people who can totally relate to what you're going through. I know you can do it, you've already lost a phenomenal amount of weight, give yourself credit for that and think about what it took for you to do it. You obviously have a lot of will power and mental wherewithal inside of you.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #8  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

First, I've been there so I know how you feel. Who is in control here? Try not to bring foods into the house, buy what is only on your pre-planned menu, and do not carry cash with you going to and from work. Put that extra money towards a new outfit or vacation or whatever reward you can.

You can do this. Focus on completing your exercise and eating quality foods in the right amounts for your stats. Journal what is really bothering you.

In the end only you determine if you succeed or fail. Look at the success stories. They can do it, so can you. Forget about your past binges. Who cares? Focus on success for this minute. Please don't beat yourself up: it only makes it worse. Why waste another minute of your life. Take back control. Bingeing only leads to misery and unhappiness. The good news is that you reached out. Keep going. How bad do you want it?

The successful people think long-term and not instant gratification. Sacrifice today for what you really want tomorrow. Use your fear for that kick butt workout. Let your mind show your body who is boss. Good luck.

I think your old habits are coming back to test you if you have truly changed. I've done this before only to regain the weight back. Please don't let it happen to you. You deserve to enjoy the most out of your life.

It is not worth it in any way, shape or form. You have done wonderful things for your health. Keep going.

Last edited by better health3; 09-01-2009 at 11:46 AM.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:05 AM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You've gotten some great advice here. I just wanted to post that you have done so wonderful, you can do this. Never give upon yourself
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Goodness girl, look how far you have come! You have proven to yourself that you CAN do this, you know what it takes, and you have the ability to control yourself.

Take a step back, look and see what it is that triggers the binges and change what leads up to them. You are amazing and you can't let this defeat you!!!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Mug CAN do it, you are DOING it. You WILL continue doing it. This is what you want. This is what you have worked for.

Set yourself for success. Get the crap out of the house. If it's something you have EVER binged, get rid of it now. Put it down the disposal if you must.

Find some things you CAN binge. Some of mine are baby carrots, Shiratake noodles, Arctic Zero ice cream, egg whites and tons of vegetables and non-fat cooking spray, coffee with sweetner, etc.

Are you eating enough healthy fats and plenty of protein???? Are you drinking your water????

Last, lets replace the weekend habits. What is it about the weekend that allows you to binge? Do you stay home--than get out! Make yourself window shop, walk, go volunteer somewhere. Whatever.

You CAN do this. You ARE doing this.
Yes, yes, yes and YES! I totally agree with everything here! Come on Mug, don't settle. PLEASE don't settle for 2nd best.

I had a rough patch in January. After a Christmas Day free for all I had a terrible time getting back 100% on track. All the sugar, and carby stuff made the sugar beast rear it's ugly head and I had several weekends were I lost control. I prayed about it, long and hard. It took some doing, and some good old fashion hard work, but I made it over the hump and so can you! I want you to see Onederland SO badly. Don't give up. Force yourself to succeed. Just like you force yourself to do laundry and pay bills. You have come too far to quit now. In a month you can easily gain back 20 pounds if you don't get a handle. Is a weekend binge worth the MAJOR depression you will feel when you have to dig out, (or go buy) new fat pants?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 AM   #12  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I'm saying the following as much to myself as to you: we deserve so much better than how we think of ourselves right now.

Lori's right. We MUST NOT settle. There is a PERFECTION out there for each and every one of us, and it's almost abusive to settle for anything other than that.

You've come so far to stop now (and the only one who actually MAKES you stop is YOU). Don't think about the 80lbs you still have to go. Think of the 26lbs to get to ONEDERLAND. You've done 26lbs. You've done it THREE AND A HALF TIMES, in fact. You can do it one more time...and rejoice in a 1 at the beginning of your weight I wish I were as close to it as you are!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #13  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Mug,
I don't have any advice to add because you have already been given wonderful advice. Just want to give you a and tell you to hang in there!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:40 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I'm sending a little prayer your way.

I don't have any advice , but I do know just what you're going through
I've hit a rough patch too and I'm hoping the September Weight Loss Challenge will help me to refocus.

Binging is a big flashing yellow light for me.
I find that when I start binging and can't stop, it's usually because somewhere in my life I'm being deprived of something.

With me it's often free time or affection. Maybe you' work the same way too?
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/???

Height: 5'8"

Sit down and write yourself a promise that you are not going to eat anything except your planned meals for the rest of today. Tape in on the frige. If you dont have any meals planned, then you probably should get that done too. You know you can hold out for the rest of the day. Don't worry about tomorrow yet, just make good choices for the rest of today. You can do this, girl!
Serephina is offline   Reply With Quote