Old 08-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/125

Height: 5'1

Default I have no idea why I didn't lose weight

I know that when people say this, it's usually just denial, but I did everything RIGHT these past two weeks!

I exercised EVERY day for a half hour cycling, plus however long it took me to do strength training, which I also did every day. (I rotate by doing arms one day, abs and hips the next, and legs and butt the third day, and then start over with arms)

I did not snack at all, and I stayed in my calorie range! I am so upset right now. I wish I HAD cheated because it'd give me an explanation. This is how I ate for the past ten days. I rotated my calories just like I rotate my strength training. My daily calories is 1,950 and so I did this: 1,000 calories Monday, 1,200 calories Tuesday, 1,400 calories Wednesday, 2,000 calories Thursday, 1,000 calories Friday, 1,200 calories Saturday, etc. etc.

I ate four to five small meals, no snacks in between, and I never went over OR under my calorie limit by more than five calories. I only eat things I can for sure count the exact amount of calories for, so that way I'm not eating more but not counting enough calories.

I don't know what to do. I feel SO depressed. I just want to curl up in a ball and die. I know it sounds over dramatic, but seriously...I did everything right, so why didn't I lose any weight? Even taking into account the muscle gain from strength training, I should have lost at LEAST a pound or two in ten days!

I just finished my period about two days ago, though I was getting that yucky 'after' stuff for a while, and I was wondering if I was still bloated. I FEEL bloated and gross, but it may be the depression setting in from not losing weight. I've also been having a lot of constipation...Is it possible that this is all water weight and blockage? I know it's a pipe dream, but I just don't understand. The previous two weeks before these two where I didn't lose weight, I lost TEN pounds in ten days doing this calorie shifting diet! I didn't even exercise the first ten days because I wanted to see how much I would lose with the diet alone.

I'm wondering if I let my body get used to the routine, and so the shifting didn't trick it properly, and my metabolism slowed down anyway. Last time, I shifted between 1,000 and 2,000 calories with 200 calorie incriminates, and would vary it widely, like...1,000 on Monday, 1,800 on Tuesday, 1,400 Wednesday, etc. just so that there was no discernible pattern for my body to figure out and sabotage my efforts.

Please...can someone help me? Maybe someone who is doing the calorie shifting diet and is having success with it. I don't know what to do...I'm scared I'm one of those people who can't lose weight, now, and if that's the case...God, I don't even want to think about it.
napalmtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Cycle? Water retention? If you know you are spot on, don't sweat it. Keep on keepin' on.

Most people that calorie shift do not do it as drastically as you do--including me.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Breathe, deeply. Now, here is the scoop.
Weight loss is NOT linear. There is no nice little formula that says if I do X, then the scale will say Y. I have stayed PERFECTLY on plan and not lost weight, many many times.

Just keep at it - the scale WILL go down. Really. In fact I usually had a nice loss, followed by little or none, then another nice loss throughout my journey.

Is it maddening? Yup. But, it is perfectly normal.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am slightly shorter than you and my starting weight was a little higher, I did not rotate calories but lost on 1400-1500 calories per day.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

In 4 weeks you have lost 10 lb. That is 2.5 lb a week. That's a healthy loss. Your body dropped a lot fast and it may be "holding on" a bit right now. Have you ever watched "The Biggest Loser"? Most people gain in week two because of the body's "what the heck are you doing?" reaction. Keep at it, you'll probably have another big drop at the next weigh in. Good Luck!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Just keep at it- you are doing nothing wrong- I plateau'd for weeks and am at one right now- currently I'm working to get off of one and am hoping with this weigh in on Monday to finally get under 212!

Just don't give up
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #7  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
There is no nice little formula that says if I do X, then the scale will say Y.
god wouldnt it be AMAZING if there was?!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I posted a few weeks ago about my experiences of adding more intensive exercise on top of my usual eating plan. I GAINED 3lbs in the first two weeks, then lost 4lb the following. Don't underestimate how much impact water retention can have. Just keep doing what you're doing and the results will follow.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I gained 5 pounds the first month. Lost NOTHING. Then it started coming off in 1-2 pound per week increments...just keep it up! I didn't do the calorie cycling, so I can't give you any advice there, though...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote