Old 08-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #1  

Default September Weight Loss Challenge

Hi girlsssssssssssss Here we are, our September thread!!! Hard to believe in a way as the time seems to have passed quickly. We got through the summer (ty ladies ) and many of you did amazing all the way through. Congratulationssssssssss to all on your successes...whether it be in weight and/or inches lost, making healthier food choices, being more active, leading a healthier lifestyle, and for just hanging in there and keeping at it. :c arrot:

You have all been such an inspiration and so supportive and encouraging. I look forward to a new month with you all and hope we have some newcomers as well . September is a great time to buckle down! Let's keep at it ladies.......I'm excited for our new month!

You know the drill girls! Just state your goal, whether it be a loss in pounds, inches, size, or even an intangible feeling! THe sky is the limit! You need not state your weight if you feel uncomfortable......just your goal, even if that goal is to maintain or whatever the case may be. THough the thread is titled "weight loss" please bear in mind that the underlying overall goal is toward a healthier us and so your goal may not be revolved around weight loss, it may be maintenance or eating healthier...and/or kicking a soda habit or whatever the case may be.

Note: We keep a members list with our goals and if/when those goals are met, we put red print and goal met next to our goals. You can take a peek at the end of last months thread to see what it looks like. Please don't feel bad if/when you may not reach a specific number, goal, etc. Always remember that making positive changes along the way (the journey) are wonderful accomplishments in and of themselves .

We will be putting up our sister thread, "September Exercise Challenge" shortly and eveyone who is interested is welcome to join in . Exercise goals will be listed in that thread (other goals here) for those of you who will be joining there.

Monthly weight loss challenge FAQ's

Do we weigh in on a certain day and how frequently? We don't have a specific WI day and WI on the day we choose. Many of the girls WI on the first day of the month and that ends up being the WI day for the month while others get WI at WW (weight watchers) on specific days, etc. How frequently we weigh in is a personal matter and specific to each of our own indivual needs. Daily WI's for some of the girls work great for them, while others prefer to WI weekly, bi-weekly, etc.

Do we need to post personals? etc... Absolutely not ladies. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't . We are a large group and it is difficult to post personals sometimes. THe time just does not exist sometimes. If you don't have time for personals it's okay.....post away

What does OP mean, DH, etc. ? We often use abbreviations here. OP means on plan. DH means dear husband, DD means dear daughter, DS = dear son, WI means weigh In, TOM means that time of month, lol means laughter out loud, and kwim means know what I mean.

Is everyone on a specific plan? We all have various plans. SOme of us are on WW, south beach, are own plans, etc. Though we do believe in and follow the guideline of not going below 1,200 cals a day and along these lines also strive to follow the site guidelines .

See you all soon chickies hugsssssss

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 08-29-2009 at 06:17 PM.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #2  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

this is my first "challenge"

current weight - 179.6

goal for sept 30 - 175.anything

ive been on a major plateau so this is a lofty goal!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #3  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

My goal for September is to see 195. I have been hovering around the 200 mark for a couple weeks so need to see myself into the hundreds in September.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

September Goals:

*No more than 2 sodas per week

*Survive birthday week with a loss (however small it may be)!

*250 lbs by Sept 30

September is probably my 2nd most challenging month of the year (December being most). Two of my best friends and myself have birthdays 9 days apart from each other (the 11th, 20th, and 29th). There's lots of cake and LOTS of alcohol. But we've talked about doing 1 party instead of 3 this year (Thank God!) and I'm in search of a fun low cal dessert for my birthday cake with the family. I'm toying with the idea of not getting a cake at all, even low cal, because there are always left overs and I don't want to deal with that. What kind of birthday present is weight gain? I'm still trying to reach my goal of 245 for the halloween challenge so I think getting to 250 by the end of Sept will put me in a good place for that. Good luck ladies!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 09-03-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #5  

Height: 6'1

I'm hoping to meet my August goal, only a couple more lbs to lose in the next 2 days. But my goal for September is to be 240. I'm around 250-251 right now.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #6  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I'm in yet again. My goals are as always to lose 10lbs and to reach a Normal BMI.

Last edited by Delphi; 08-29-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

I'd like to join as well.

Haven't weighed in for a while so will come up with a weight goal on the 1st but for other goals I am going have breakfast every day and am going to start and stick with C25K.
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #8  

Hi everyone, gtsy : ).

juliast27 and AngelD Hi Aclaia, sasha, and Delphi! WB chicks.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #9  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I haven't done one of the monthly challenges yet so here goes:

~Down 10 pounds
~Do level 2 or 3 on 30DS with no 5 second breaks
~Fit into one of my old pair of jeans
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #10  

September Weight Loss Challenge Team Members and Goals List
Please let me know if I miss anyone or something is incorrect, thanks

FullSteamAhead: lose 6-7 lbs, champ. 2x/wk max WK1, WK2, WK3, WK4
juliast27: reach 175's
nellonello: to see 195
Aclai4067: No more than 2 sodas per wk, gym at least 3x/wk, survive b'day w/a loss, + be 250 lbs. by Sep. 30
sasha: lose approx. 10 lbs. to be 240
Delphi: lose 10 lbs. + reach a normal BMI
AngelD: have breakfast every other day + start + stick with C25K
Nella: lose 10 lbs., do level 2 or 3 on 30DS w/no 5 second breaks, + fit into one of my old pair of jeans.

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 08-29-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #11  

HI Nella,
Old 08-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #12  

Hi again, our exercise thread is up girls. For those of you wishing to join us over there as well, please list your exercise goals in that thread and your other goals here..........thanks ladies
Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #13  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks! Glad to be here!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to all the newbies!!!

And of course a big hello and giant to all of our returning girls!

My goals will be the same...

Lose 5 lbs (start weight will be my ending August weight)
Lose more inches
Keep trying new recipes
Keep trying new veggies (I ate eggplant for the first time ever tonight!!)

Still working on my exercise goals...

I look forward to spending another fantastic month with you girls!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #15  
Now Or Never

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Current weight as of 08/29: 281 lbs
Goal : 270 lbs by my birthday late Sept

Last edited by Trix4u; 08-29-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Trix4u is offline   Reply With Quote