Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #1  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile I think this is the place for me:

This place is a little confusing so I think I'll just find a place and plant myself...lol. I started on May 25th, 2009 at 231, right now I am down to 209. My first goal is 208, for there I will have lost 10% of my original body weight. I have lots and lots of mini goals, but my first MAJOR goal is a hundred pounds. From 131 I have a second major goal, and that is to get to a correct BMI for myself. Which for me, I have decided on 125 lbs. I currently have hypothyroidism, bp issues, and high cholesterol and triglycerides, and I have anxiety issues. I am on meds for all of these things, and on allergy meds as well. My goal is to be able to get healthy and fit enough to get off of the meds.
I am a vegetarian, I do eat poultry, fish, eggs and dairy. I eat organic foods and antibiotic and hormone free poultry. I am careful about the fish that I do eat. I eat whole grains, no processed foods.
Exercise is where I need a kick in the pants, cuz I will do really well for a month or two, then slack off.
I hope to gain some friends and to give and receive encouragement.

Last edited by Ryanne; 08-28-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Welcome to the board, I do believe you're in the right place! We're rooting you on in your losses and you have already come a long way!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #3  

Welcome!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Hi there, and welcome! I've only just joined too and at first the forums can be a little confusing but you will quickly get used to it! If you want to keep track of what you've written and check for who has replied, subscribe to the thread and you can always find it from your User CP.

It must be tough having those health issues to contend with while you're trying to lose weight, but I guess we all have challenges we have to face - giving up is not an option! You've done brilliantly so far!

You already sound very healthy, eating vegetarian, organic and no processed foods. That automatically cuts out a lot of the junk that makes you gain weight. I wish I didn't like McDonalds, KFC and pizza, but unfortunately I do!

Congratulations on reaching your first goal! I find it really hard to stick with exercise too. I've always been a sports person, so my next goal is to find a basketball or netball team to join. When I've tried losing weight before, I usually punish myself at the gym every day for a few weeks then lose motivation.

So this time around, I've sacrificed a few calories - I'm on 1200 instead of 1500 - and I'm just doing a gentle 30min walk 3-4 times a week. It means I'm not as hungry after a big workout, and I think it's more sustainable. I'm actually really enjoying putting my iPod on and clearing my head on my walks!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #5  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome!!! I have to say I just *love* your avatar!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #6  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Welcome! Congrats on your success so far!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #7  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Smile Thank you all for the welcome!

I appreciate all the welcomes and encouragement. I started out doing step aerobics, squats, push ups and sit ups, but ya, I want to have fun and work it off that way, something I can stick with. Walking is good, right now it's so humid I can hardly breathe outside, so been trying to play a little wii or something. I just have no motivation for exercise right now, because in the past I have over exercised then when you stop doing it, you have a gain and lose all that muscle you have struggled to gain. I decided, I am not going to ever be a body builder or professional sport anything, so I don't need to train that hard. I am a wife and stay at home mom, so I want to do things that I can stick with for the long haul. I like to ride bikes, I like to walk, I like to swim and play wii occasionally. So this is what I will do. I also don't want to have to do the same thing day in and day out cuz then it gets BORING. I need to be able to do stuff that I can do for the long haul without getting caught up in it and stressing over it.
The meds don't help with trying to lose weight, BUT it can and will be done.
Today, I am off to the grocery and then to the laundry mat, we don't have washer/dryer hookups in our apartment. My step son goes to his mom's for the weekend, and my daughter goes to her dad's for the weekend. So I plan to get out and do some shopping tomorrow (Probably Window Shopping), just to get out and walk and do something for myself. I do a lot of looking, but I rarely do any buying. I'm a little tight when it comes to spending money...plus my husband had gall bladder surgery last Friday, so he doesn't get paid for the week that he's been off work. He goes back to work tomorrow.
Well, I guess I will get off of here and get everyone ready to go grocery shopping. I have to get my daughter and husband up and see if they want to go with or if it is just me and the four year old going out this morning.
I want to thank you all again for your encouragement.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Welcome, and congratulations on how much you've lost already!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Hi and welcome!

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

You've found an awesome place to help you reach your goals!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome to 3FC, and good luck!
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Welcome to our little slice of heaven here in the interwebs
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yes, this is the right place for you! And, your diet sounds really healthy. That is how my family eats! We label ourselves as whole foods eaters, rather than vegetarian. My vegetarian daughter considers poultry and fish to be horrible food options for herself. I'm constantly amazed by how many types of vegetarians there are.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 08-28-2009 at 04:45 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #15  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!

I'm not sure if you'd be interested but since you seem to be interested in a vegetarian-like diet even if you aren't vegetarian, there is a vegetarian only forum here at 3FC.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks-121/

We don't discuss eating meat such as chicken or fish but there are a lot of good recipes and what not if you want to cut back on your meat intake. We welcome everyone who is interested in moving towards a vegetarian diet or wants to discuss vegetarian food.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote