Old 08-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default OT: girl kidnapped 18 years ago found alive

Anyone else see this story (<--link)?
How absolutely disturbing!!! I started reading the article, thinking it was astonishing she was found alive. The chance of any abuducted child being found alive after only 48 hours missing is remote, but 18 years...than I kept reading, and got sick to my stomach!!
The man was on parole for rape and kidnapping. He had a huge compound in his backyard...how did parole officers miss this?!?! I get the overburdened/overworked stressed to the hilt program may not have been able to make ALL the required visitis, but one really thorough search would've been all that was needed to save this girl!!
Least there was a happy ending to this story... to bad it didn't come sooner.

Last edited by TaraLee; 08-28-2009 at 09:27 PM.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #2  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I saw this on the news this morning and was in shock! They were in a neighborhood with the houses quite close together and this girl lived in the backyard the whole time. She even gave birth to 2 girls, the first when she was 14.

I'm so glad she was alive, but my goodness! How could NO ONE have seen/heard her for 18 years!?!?
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289.5/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

The neighbors actually did see them and saw that they lived in tents...but they never reported. A lady said her husband told her to mind her business. Such a sad story. I am too nosey. From what I understand how she was found was because a student at Berkley just didn't feel right about what she saw. Thankfully, she followed her gut.

I can't imagine that this woman and her children will ever be able to completely recover. So, so sad.
FromFat2Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

It was a security officer at Berkley...she alerted his parole officer after running a background check.
None of the articles I read mentioned anyone seeing them. All the neighbors claimed they couldn't see into the backyard cause it was lined with trees, but if someone did see and didn't report that makes it thousands of times worse!!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

My heart goes out to the now 29 year old woman and her two daughters who have never had a normal life and Jaycee hasn't had a normal life since she was 11 years old. Think of her parents they lost an 11 year old and are returned a 29 year old woman with children. I think it is unlikely that they will ever have the happy home that they have yearned for all these years.Too much abuse has happened , how will they ever recover ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I doubt they'll ever recover, and I doubt the two children can ever be 'normal' after an existence like that. Horrifying. It's like that crazy German guy I think? Had his own daughter in a dungeon under the house for something like 30 years and her children by him as well, ugh the world is a sick horrifying place at times. You only hope some kind of justice is coming their way at some point.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I grew up about three miles from that house! It's very disturbing!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

This hits a little close to home because I live in Nor Cal and a lot of my friends grew up hearing about this case and watched it on the news when they were little, and now she's found and they're just all blown away.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote