Old 08-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default scale dilemma

my scale has always been a little tempermental, but the last couple of days, there is a "lo" light that comes on-- I guess it needs a new battery. And it's been giving me a range of about two to three pounds if I step on it several times.

I've been planning on replacing it, but I'm currently .5 pounds from my first mini-goal. I'm terrified to change scales and find out that my current scale is a little off on the low side because I've been counting on making my mini-goal this week.

I could change the battery, but I'm not sure how-- it's not obvious.

What would you all do?
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Turn it upside down and look for the battery compartment. It's certainly going to be cheaper to replace the batteries than to buy a new one.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

change the battery! I change mine every month Do I need to? Probably not but I do anyways. lol!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Now I feel like a moron.

I did turn it upside down but I couldn't see the battery compartment.

I've had the scale for at least five years and haven't ever changed the battery!!

(as it happens, nobody was at the gym tonight and so I got nekkid and stepped on the scale, which showed 264. Then at home I got 265, 266 and 267, so I'm not claiming mini-goal, yet...)
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You can't get an accurate weight without changing the battery. What brand is the scale? Perhaps you can search online and find instructions.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

My vote is for you to claim your mini-goal, then fix the scale. Mini-goals are all about psychological boosts, anyway, and you havde a scale that indicates you met yours, so embrace it! I have become convinced that no two scales in the world would give the same weight to the same person who stepped on one and then the other one. So, after you have claimed your mini-goal, decide on a new mini-goal based on what your repaired scale says, and keep going. Congratulations!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I just had the same thing happen to me last week. My scale was reading about 3lbs light and the lo battery light came on. Just know that you are not getting a true reading.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote