General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/143/115

Height: 61 inches

Default Warrior Diet

Hi all! I'm new to this site. I tried searching for warrior diet posts/threads but didn't come up with a lot. Which surprises me. Anyway, if they already exist somewhere, you can all just point me to them and this thread could die if it's a repeat.

Anyway, the diet I'm currently doing right now is called the Warrior Diet, and I was wondering if anyone else has done this and their thoughts on it. I once a while back (sometime last year), did it for a week and lost a good 5 pounds, so I've decided to start doing it again. It's really easy for me, except the vegetable part! And that's so vital, so if anyone has any good vegetable recipes to share, I'd love them!

Anyway I started Sunday and so far lost two pounds. I have not been exercising cause I'ma lazy ***. But whenever this snow leaves I plan on going to the gym again. And that should make the weight loss much quicker! My goal is to get to 115 by the end of may... hopefully sooner haha. That's a realistic goal right?

Anyway I'm rambling now. Anyone who's tried this diet and wants to give me advice (or anyone on a diet I guess haha), I'm listening!
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never tried it, but I think I've heard of it, just briefly, don't know details. It is the diet recommended by Pavel the kettlebell guy right?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #3  

I don't know who that guy is, so I don't know if he endorses it. I do know that it is pretty popular with athletes who want a leaner look. I've read that bodybuilders don't usually like the way of eating that the diet describes because it's not meant to make people grow huge muscles. Then again I'm sure some BB use it, everyone's different haha.

But for people who don't know about it, the diet is pretty simple. You eat vegetables and fruits during the day, and easily digestible protein or carbs if you're very athletic. Then you eat your main meal at dinner time starting out with vegetables, then protein, then carbs (under eating/overeating). Protein is a big factor in the main meal so I really like that about the diet because I love chicken and fish and stuff. It's just the vegetables I have a hard time with because I really only like broccoli, corn, and mushrooms. And I don't know how great corn is. The diet is a bit against what a lot of other diets will say, as the author says to work out on an empty stomach, and then preferably have your main meal right after. But if you're very athletic he definitely recommends eating a little bit before. The diet is supposed to be a way to control insulin by not having sugar/carbs during the day and only raw organic vegetables and fruit.

It's probably a diet that will fit only a few people, since you have to enjoy eating at night, not mind not eating during the day much, and working out on an empty stomach. I like two out of those three things haha! I could eat anytime, but that's how I got this fat so I just have to have more will power. But that's the basis of every diet I suppose.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #4  
Just Me

That is interesting. If you struggle with veggies, I know a lot of people do, you might want to look into our veggie challenged forum:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=176

Learning to expand your horizons with veggies can be beneficial to losing weight as veggies fill you up and are low calorie.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #5  

Oh cool thank you! I hadn't noticed that part of the forums yet, but I think it will help me a lot! <3 It will also help this diet majorly haha.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #6  
Just Me

Oh and I didn't formerly say it but Welcome There are a lot of good subforums here and even though someone may not be following your exact plan, you can certainly find support overall.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #7  

I do the diet and love it. It was hard at first. I eat healthy but it was a struggle at first. I wanted to binge on carbs during the one meal. Nowadays, I do have a treat. I eat chocolate almost every day or some other dessert.

As var as veggies go, I get the frozen stir-fry veggies from Wal-mart and pop them into the microwave. They're good with a little sauce. I often serve them over brown basmati rice with chicken or fish and some soy sauce.

I found that eating veggies and fruit during the day caused hypoglycemia. So, I now eat protein or have a low-carb Slim-Fast during the day.

I hope to get to the point where I don't eat anything at all during the day.

Last edited by ChloeG; 08-27-2009 at 03:12 PM.
ChloeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #8  
An Army of One

S/C/G: 346/322 /150

Height: 5'10

oh your on the caveman diet
if it wasnt here 1,000 years ago dont eat it unless its a supplement

bodybuilding (dot) com
will have some info on people living that kind of lifestyle
blkbarbie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #9  

I'm not on the caveman diet. Actually, the Warrior Diet isn't the caveman diet although you could eat that way if you wanted to. It is recommended to cut back on carbs though. But whey protein is recommended for snacks (or just fruit and veggies). The caveman community outlaws dairy.

I don't like the Warrior Diet website and the push to take supplements. Much of the website is marketing for sure.

I may eat too many carbs to say I'm truly on the Warrior Diet, lol. I always eat cake or chocolate after my meal. My diet is 100% healthy. I gave up on that craziness.

Last edited by ChloeG; 08-27-2009 at 03:41 PM.
ChloeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'7.25"

I've never heard of the Warrior Diet but like blkbarbie25 says it sounds very similar to caveman/primal/paleo eating. Generally these also have an exercise component of Walk A Lot (Foraging, traveling), Sometimes Run Fast (LIONS!), Lift Heavy Things (making shelters, tools, etc), Sleep (restorative).

Honestly the Warrior website and the website "Mark's Daily Apple" for Primal Nutrition sound like the exact same thing with slightly different tactics but most importantly both site owners' pushing their own books and supplements. Although the Warrior Diet seems more in line with lifelong calorie-restriction people than the other types I mentioned. (Kinda combining paleo eating theories with calorie-restriction theories in one boat).

I think that paleo eating can really work for people I'm always leery of people who have a plan but seem to make a ton of money on their specially branded supplements. (Not that I don't supplement so...).

If you like it I'm glad for you! I think the veggie forum can help you out, too. I know I really enjoy steamed or grilled veggies a lot and in time I'm sure you'll learn to love your veggies. One thing you could try is mixing veggies you like with new things or things you maybe don't have a taste for. Especially if you chop the new stuff small (cook whole to preserve more vitamins).
dangerousfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #11  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

The thing that appeals to me about the Warrior diet is the eating schedule. I read about it a year ago and have been thinking I should modify it without their supplements and see how I do on that schedule.

I haven't analyzed it closely, I just like the idea of eating one big meal a day at night. That seems to fit my basic daily hunger needs. I have a cup of coffee in the morning and I am fine. I am never hungry in the morning. I can do fine skipping lunch for a small snack of carrots and or nuts. This isn't a problem for me. I don't stick to that because I am always going out for lunch and fixing breakfast for kids, but I can skip them. It's at night when I do most of my eating.

Anyway. I am still real new here and there is way too much to digest. I did search for this diet to see if it had good or bad reports, and I may give this a try.

I am currently not dieting, but in the planning stages.
BibBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeG View Post
I'm not on the caveman diet... The caveman community outlaws dairy.

Not necessarily true. There are several "ancestor" or caveman diets that do not forbid all dairy. Some allow only fermented dairy, some allow only low-fat dairy, and some allow only full-fat dairy, and some allow dairy of some animals and not others (with varying rationales).

The reasons for allowing some dairy can vary, but the most persuasive (to me) is that we can get minerals and other nutrients (such as calcium) from dairy that our ancestors would have gotten from paleo foods we now find unpalatable such as egg shells, bones, skin, cartilage, connective tissue, organ meats, and insects.

Last edited by kaplods; 04-19-2010 at 09:27 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote