Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 04:43 PM   #1  
Sarcasm Queen

Default Looking for a Weight Loss Buddy 50+ to lose

Hi, I've been reading through the boards and I would really appreciate having a weight loss buddy. So if you're in your 20's and have 50+ pounds to lose, let me know, we could lose the weight together. I've read so many success stories on this board that it's inspiring. I hope to be like so many of you and beat this weight, one day at a time. My goal is to be healthy and happy. I want to start running but I'm having trouble getting motivated. Any suggestions?

~Sahvara
Old 09-23-2002, 08:40 PM   #2  

Hi! I'm also fairly new to the boards, and would like a weight loss buddy. I have 100+ to lose! YOu can email me or I'll watch the boards! [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2002, 08:50 PM   #3  

Default Hey there...looking to lose 50 plus

Hey there,

I am pretty new here...and looking to lose 50 or 60 or more lbs...but I think that realistically and safely I can lose 55 or 60 lbs in the next 3 or 4 months...

I just started a body for life program. I have been on 9 working out and eating well days...and 2 free...eat whatever I want days..and I have lost 7lbs. I am pretty psyched this is like .5 to 1lbs a day...which is great...i haven't cheated.....but it is FREAKIN' tough...let me know how you are doing...

btw..i am 5'6"..started at 233.5 and currently 226.

one_sweetchick
Old 10-31-2002, 09:59 PM   #4  
Sarcasm Queen

Welcome One_Sweetchick!

So you're giving yourself 3-4 months to lose 55-60lbs? Wow, you are one determined woman. I don't think I could lose 60lbs in 4 months but we'll all see won't we? Keep me posted on what you do. And what kind of exercise do you do on your working out days?

~Sahvara
Old 10-31-2002, 11:10 PM   #5  

Smile Hi...

Hey there,

Ya its not a long time but i think that i can lose 40....but i am trying...I usually think that i will lose the first bit quickly, I am eating MUCH better and going to the gym 6 days a week...i am just not sure where I will plateau. I am doing the Body for life program. it is awesome..and really working. I love it.

in two weeks of working out i do 3 days of upper body, 3 days of lower body and 6 days of cardio for example

mon tues wed thurs fri sat sun
upper cardio lower cardio upper cardio day off
lower " upper " lower " "

So it means that I have to go to the gym 6 days a week....but it is worth it so far, i feel great and i love it...its only been 10 days but i have lost 7lbs...and i am still motivated.

one_sweetchick
Old 11-01-2002, 11:14 PM   #6  

i will be your buddy. i'm 23 and have about 50 pounds to lose as well. i'd love to lost it all in 4 months and will work my *** off, but i'm not holding myself to it. More realistically, I would like to have lost 50 pounds by June. I have a journal that is in my sig and am making myself write in it everyday to stay on track.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:28 PM   #7  

Smile starting to lose..

Hey guys,

things are good...i have been actively trying to lose weight since Oct 21 2002...and as of Oct 31 i have lost 7.5lbs!!

So i just thought i would update everyone!! so far so good....

one_sweetchick
Old 11-04-2002, 12:25 PM   #8  
Sarcasm Queen

hey sweetchick,

it's amazing that you're losing so quick. whenever i lose weight quickly it always comes back... with a few new friends, i might add. i hope it all stays off for you. i'm hoping to lose around ten pounds this month. yup, i'm giving myself a whole month. there's nothing like losing weight to have it come back on. i'm gonna do it slowly but surely.

So how is everyone doing in their weightloss goals so far??

~Sahvara
Old 11-12-2002, 11:13 AM   #9  
JAG

Hello,

I am 27 and had over 50 lbs to lose. I joined LA Weightloss at the end of August and am down 24 pounds. I also have been working out a few days a week. Making it to the gym at 5:30 a.m. is rough! Keep up the good work!

Jen
Old 11-12-2002, 08:04 PM   #10  

Talking Also to lose 50 lbs

Hi, I'm new here and I also have 50lbs to lose. I'm 29 and the mother of two boys ages 11 years and 5 months. Currently I am 200lbs and would love to get to 150 or even 140! There was a time that I was extremely successful in weight loss just by walking everyday and cutting sugar and fat as much as I could. I'm hoping to go that route again this time.
I would also like to be able to run one day as well.

So I would love to be someone's buddy.

Heather~
Old 11-19-2002, 09:11 AM   #11  

I would love a diet buddy! I am 25, have 50+ pounds to lose also. =^_^=
Old 11-20-2002, 03:07 PM   #12  

Oh, by the way, you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks!
--Chanel
Old 11-21-2002, 01:42 PM   #13  
ebe
noob

hiya all
i don't know how much weight i have to lose but i identified with the wanting to run part in your original post Sahvara.

i've been into running off and on for about 10 years now but just started again after basically not moving for around 2 years.....so i guess technically i haven't been that into it.....
BUT
i'd really like to get back to where i used to be running 5 miles a day at a good clip.
i've found that it helps to have a gym you like to go to, its so much easier to run on a treadmill than anywhere else...at least to me in my completely out of shape state atm.

i only just started last week actually, so my only motivation has been wanting to feel strong and healthy again. that got me going, just imagining the way it feels to accomplish things and get stronger and fitter is nice.

and then yesterday i got my new motivation. i climbed onto a treadmill at the gym next to this beautiful hot blonde chick. so i get started....feeling pretty good crank up speed to 5.3......then snuck a peek over at what she was doing.....
and the difference was like night and day.....she was all running effortlessly.....gazelle-like! at 7.0 speed while i lumbered along like a cow all huffing and puffing.....clomping and stomping....sigh.

after that i just looked straight ahead lol
but one day soon i'll be the in shape person running for 60 minutes, and its not going to happen if i don't do it now

sorry so long a message
Closed Thread