Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #1  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Default Is this right?

So I joined MRC today and the pre-conditioning days (three days) I just eat as healthy as possible and take the MRC-6, Flax, and my multi-vitamin, then just make sure I'm drinking at least 64oz of H2O right? Why is this called pre-conditioning? Do you lose weight during this time? Or did I not understand this pre-conditioning phase? Thanks in advance for any help!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yep - you got it right, and you DO lose weight during preconditioning (did they give you a menu?). Good luck!
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I wasn't given a menu....I was just told to cut out caffene, sugars and drink lots of water...I was disappointed since there really wasn't anything for me to follow. But I did end up losing a few pounds.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #4  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

Default Okay thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine View Post
Yep - you got it right, and you DO lose weight during preconditioning (did they give you a menu?). Good luck!
Thanks for responding! And no I didn't geet a menu, should I have gotten one?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #5  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
I wasn't given a menu....I was just told to cut out caffene, sugars and drink lots of water...I was disappointed since there really wasn't anything for me to follow. But I did end up losing a few pounds.
I hope I lose a few too! Which center do you go to?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #6  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabthinagain View Post
Thanks for responding! And no I didn't geet a menu, should I have gotten one?
Evidently some centers do give a menu, some do not. The main purpose of pre-conditioning is to wean yourself off the things that you will not be able to have when you do get your first real menu - such as soda/pop, coffee with sugar, cream, caffeine, cookies, pastries, chips, hotdogs/sausages/bacon, between meal snacks, etc. It gets you in the habit of drinking more water, eating 3 meals at set times and within an hours time - and all these things do tend to help you lose weight. The longer you are on pre-conditioning, the more you may lose. Good luck and enjoy this wonderful program - it really does work! jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #7  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I joined week before last and was given a pre-conditioning menu. I dropped 5.5 pounds that week and felt I learned a lot. I didn't feel deprived and saw I could eat a lot of food and still lose, so I thought it was extremely valuable. Anything I can learn and observe from what they put on paper may serve me well on down the line, so I am glad I had something to follow.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #8  

Quote:
I hope I lose a few too! Which center do you go to?

Lincoln
Old 08-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

I joined MRC yesterday (8/25) and I wasn't given a menu to follow either. I got a sheet about cutting out carbs/caffeine and drinking 64 oz of water a day. The counselor also told me to eat every 3 hrs and of course w/in an hour of waking, etc. I feel better today but I am attributing that to drinking way more water than I was. I'm a nurse and sometimes it's hard to get the water in b/c I know it'll make me have to go to the bathroom a lot! It can be tough to get to the bathroom in my line of work but I'm going to have to start figuring that out along w/how to eat every 3 hrs. I'm pretty optimistic. Hope all goes well for you!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl View Post
I joined MRC yesterday (8/25) and I wasn't given a menu to follow either. I got a sheet about cutting out carbs/caffeine and drinking 64 oz of water a day. The counselor also told me to eat every 3 hrs and of course w/in an hour of waking, etc. I feel better today but I am attributing that to drinking way more water than I was. I'm a nurse and sometimes it's hard to get the water in b/c I know it'll make me have to go to the bathroom a lot! It can be tough to get to the bathroom in my line of work but I'm going to have to start figuring that out along w/how to eat every 3 hrs. I'm pretty optimistic. Hope all goes well for you!

Welcome Shopgirl...Glad you have joined our wonderful group of great losers. They say that after awhile, your many trips to the bathroom start to lessen...but I haven't found that out to be true yet. So good luck...but I have found that I feel so much better drinking lots of water...something I rarely did.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #11  

Thanks Fifties Lady! I'm soooo excited to be here! I guess it's the "Newbie Rush" and since I don't know what is in store for me (with all the menus, etc) it's probably better that way!

I am going on Saturday for my nutrition class. I'm assuming I'll get my 1st menu there and stock up on all the HNS stuff, etc. I kind of had a moment last night of "what the heck did I just do by signing up" but I feel better today. I had done WW with some success but couldn't bust through the 14 lb mark no matter what I did! So, I'm really hoping this program works as well as the people at the center told me it does. I'm so glad I found this website, that's for sure!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #12  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

Default Hello

Quote:
We started on the same day! I have been feeling good too, drinking lots of water and cutting out caffeine too. She didn't say anything about cutting out carbs though.........I guess I will from here on out if that is correct. She also didn't say anything about exercise? Thanks for sharing maybe we can help each other out since we started at the exact same time!
Talk to ya soon! Good luck, do you go in Friday for class?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #13  

Quote:
Thanks Fifties Lady! I'm soooo excited to be here! I guess it's the "Newbie Rush" and since I don't know what is in store for me (with all the menus, etc) it's probably better that way!

I am going on Saturday for my nutrition class. I'm assuming I'll get my 1st menu there and stock up on all the HNS stuff, etc. I kind of had a moment last night of "what the heck did I just do by signing up" but I feel better today. I had done WW with some success but couldn't bust through the 14 lb mark no matter what I did! So, I'm really hoping this program works as well as the people at the center told me it does. I'm so glad I found this website, that's for sure!
I know...the excitement of it all is a feeling we all probably felt when we joined. You will probably get a special offer to purchase package deals...just be prepared. Myself, I didn't purchase the suppliments....I wanted to try it without them. I purchased everything else over the counter. I did buy the first package that was offered. 5 boxes of HNS's, Bottle of minerals, box of fiber drinks, cookbook and a green MRC bag to carry everything in. The 2nd package was for 10 boxes, the VM, B6 or 12 and I'm not sure whatelse. Be prepared to be hit with about $100 your first time, or more, depending on what you purchase. Then you will need to go to the store to stock up on many of the foods that is OP. But that part I really enjoyed...it was fun buying healthy for a change.

You have many friends here and just ask lots of questions. I must have bored everyone with all my questions at first before I decided to join....but that is me....you should have seen how long it took me to research laptops before I decided to buy...LOL
Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #14  

[QUOTE=Fifties Lady;2895937]

5 boxes of HNS's, Bottle of minerals, box of fiber drinks, cookbook and a green MRC bag to carry everything in. The 2nd package was for 10 boxes, the VM, B6 or 12 and I'm not sure whatelse. Be prepared to be hit with about $100 your first time, or more, depending on what you purchase.

What comes in a box of HNS?? I've heard of people trying liquid vs powder supplements, etc. I know we have a min of 2 per day and max of 4/day, so that made me wonder how many come per box and how much will I be shelling out?? I'm a little nervous about that. I bought the flax from them to just get going with everything but I know that'll be an easy one to get elsewhere. I also got the MRC 6 and ADWL. I have def noticed the ADWL helping me out since I work 12 hr shifts. It helps with cravings for me and overall hunger control.

Thanks for all your assistance to us newbies!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #15  

Quote:
We started on the same day! I have been feeling good too, drinking lots of water and cutting out caffeine too. She didn't say anything about cutting out carbs though.........I guess I will from here on out if that is correct. She also didn't say anything about exercise? Thanks for sharing maybe we can help each other out since we started at the exact same time!
Talk to ya soon! Good luck, do you go in Friday for class?

Hey, wannabethinagain!
I'm getting used to trying to put people's quotes with my response, etc. Hope this works better than my previous one! I'm so excited that we started the same day! yea for us! I actually go on Saturday at 1100. I work tomorrow and every single Friday. I do 12 hr shifts so the lady at the center said she'd do a private session for 3 of us who can't do this Friday. I thought that was nice of her....don't know what I would've done otherwise! I can't wait to hear about what you think! I ate a pb/jelly sandwich for dinner tonight since it sounds like that's something that I'll be giving up until Jan 24th (my set goal date)! LOL! Please keep me posted! Have a great day tomorrow!