Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/249/160

Height: 5'7

Default Quick, convenient lunches for a girl on the move!

Hello all!

I've stopped and started trying to live a healthy lifestyle and lose weight now so many times but this time I feel like I'm more committed than ever. I start school/interning/working next week in New York City. I need an idea of something to take with me from home or even grab somewhere in the city that's healthy.

BUT I don't eat vegetables. I just can't. Hate the taste of all veggies... so it's not gonna work. It's either me forcing myself to eat veggies and throw up and therefore not eat at all, or eat something healthy that's not a vegetable and still not binge on calories/carbs/fat, etc.

I'm looking for something along the lines of a lean cuisine, or a cottage cheese/fruit pack... just wanted to get your opinions of what you think the best way to go is. Thanks!
mustbedreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/239/155

Height: 5'8"

Honestly, I think it's going to be really hard to lose weight if you swear off vegetables. They help with weight loss because they have a lot of fiber that makes you feel full without a lot of calories.
Jadebatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #3  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Maybe you should just try more veggies? Different kinds, cookied in different ways, and swear to to have a taste every day? Maybe your tastes have changed since you last tried them?

Not eating them will kill you. Your body will stop being able to digest them, unable to take nutrients for them. This happened to a friend of the family.

That said, I would suggest stocking up on lean cuisine diet frozen dinners, or have another food delivery system, and eat whatever is in you calorie allotment for the day.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

So you hate EVERY SINGLE KIND of vegetable. Really? There is not even one you like??? Really????

I need more info in order to help you
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/249/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvenirdarling View Post

Not eating them will kill you. Your body will stop being able to digest them, unable to take nutrients for them. This happened to a friend of the family.
Not eating vegetables will kill you? I wonder then how some of my healthy, skinny friends who don't eat veggies either are alive. Hmmmm.

Anyway, no. I really don't like vegetables. Why is this so shocking and absurd? I pick them out of everything I eat... I find them disgusting. Even tonight my brother brought home tuna salad from a restaurant for me, and I'm going to have to bring it into work for someone else because it has little pieces of celery in it. Can't stomach it. My mom has lost close to 50 pounds and she hasn't touched a veggie in years. I'd take hints from her, but she's on a Slim Fast only diet and I just can't realistically do that.

So I guess Lean Cuisine is it, hm? Okayyyyy.
mustbedreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #6  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbedreaming View Post
... So I guess Lean Cuisine is it, hm? Okayyyyy.

Lean Cuisines have vegetables in it too. So you'll be throwing away half the stuff from the entrees.

Do you like fruits? You could to a hearty smoothie - fruits, milk, some protein powder etc.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #7  

Well, you sound pretty dead set on continuing to hate veggies. I guess its just hard for most to imagine no veggies, not even th tomatoe sauce on pizza!?

So I am assuming by healthy recommendations you mean low calorie? Low fat?
I'm not sure of your financial situation but since you're in nyc-the land of everything can be delivered , there are a ton of cafes where you can get lunch that is low calorie/low fat. A quick google will give you locations.
As for bringing from home, I'm a fan of the kashi go lean frz meals.
Also as for cottage cheese, rachels brand has come up with fabulous blends like pear mangosteen, blueberry lemon verbena, cucumber dill (just posting that one as others may be interested)

And as a last note, I'm not sure that not eating veggies will kill you, but it can lead to colitis and other intestinal issues- (yikes-scary colon)

Good luck
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:38 AM   #8  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

If you are totally anti-vegetable, then you are probably going to be limited to pretty small looking meals. A ham or nut butter or chicken or roast beef sandwich on multigrain bread (~300cal). Sushi. Omelette. And then finish lunch with a piece of fruit. That'll help with the nutrition side of things. Also nuts. High in fibre and vitamins, and highly portable. Just don't eat too many of them! 12 almonds is about 100 calories.

And, as a person who has learnt to like all sorts of things that I couldn't stand as a child, it's worth trying to find a way to like them. I realise that you don't want to, but even having three vegetables that you don't detest will give you so much more variety, and much larger looking meals.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote