General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/146/135

Height: 5' 8"

Default ********** Anyone?

Has anyone heard of **********? I came across it on a blog I was reading. I have looked at the website and read a few reviews but I am curious if anyone has really tried it and had success?
Thanks!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #2  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

ive never heard of it..what is it
Old 04-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #3  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

oops never mind i just looked it up...sorry dont know anything about it, or know of anyone taking it..my 1st thought was..what makes it diffrent then other protien shakes out there
Old 04-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/146/135

Height: 5' 8"

The insane price There is a little more to it then just being a protein shake. I just find it a little odd that you can only buy it from a beachbody coach. You cant even buy it from the beachbody website.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You can be sure that the beachbody coach is getting a big commission.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It looks to be an overpriced shake. Yes it may have some good ingredients in it but it is still overpriced. I'd recommend looking at Vega if you want a really high quality meal replacement type powder. There are some others on the market as well.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #7  
Just Me

I think replacement drinks can be beneficial to some people but really $4 per shake is expensive, even in the high end shake market.

Also really it works by limiting your calories. I think if you are interested in something like **********, that you should look at other similar products and evaluate for yourself. Nothing against ********** but I wouldn't buy it based on price and the fact that I know of other products that I like.

Last edited by nelie; 04-27-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #8  

I've researched reviews of this stuff and good luck finding a review that's not written by a Beachbody Coach. I would love to know what an Average Jane thinks about **********--not someone who makes money by selling it and spouts off the same lines about how it has 70 healthy ingredients and prebiotics, and is a meal replacement. Anyone could get that by going to the website.

What I really want to know is how it has worked for non-Beachbody coaches...

Not to knock Beachbody--I love Turbo Kick, and their other class offerings.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I love Beachbody's workouts programs, but I have to agree there are a lot of green powders and protein shakes out. Just an example of a cheaper version, Purtian's Pride has their own brand on sale and it has all the herbs and sea greens and other stuff.. nothing special, and it won't help you lose weight unless you are counting calories. The people swearing by ********** are probably selling it.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/235.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey, I'm brand new to this forum, but I saw this thread and thought I'd post. I just bought a 30 day supply of **********, painful to my bank account but at this point, I'll try anything. I have high cholesterol and I weigh 236lbs. I'll post again when I receive it in the mail, and then let you all know how it goes after the 30 days. *fingers crossed!*
Old 02-27-2010, 01:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/235.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok, So I was all excited about getting ********** in the mail, and so sure that it was going to help me be healthier and all that. Well, it came today and after my workout I excitedly went home, dragged out my blender and made up a batch for breakfast. Oh. My. God. *Gag* It was the worst tasting thing that I have ever had! I couldn't even get through the whole serving because it was making me gag. I'm going to try it once more tomorrow mixed with a different liquid, maybe orange juice, but if it still tastes so bad that I can't drink it then I'm sending it back. So bummed. I really hope that I can find a way that it will taste good because I think it would be really good for me.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #12  

Hi Onyx,

Just curious how you made your **********? I am waiting on a sample i'm getting from a coach, and I have found millions of recipes for it. Which flavor did you try? I'm assuming it was the greenberry, because you talk about adding orange juice. I'm hoping I don't gag down my sample, because i'm interested in using it. I've heard one good recipe is adding ice, a crystal light orange flavored poweder mix, and water i believe or orange juice...

Let me know how your next shake is!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #13  

Default Here's a review from a NON Beachbody coach

If you want to read a review of ********** from someone who is NOT a beachbody coach, I found one. It's another blog and it's not letting post a link. I've reprinted it below if you want to read it. But to give credit where credit is due, its'from KatDoesDiets blog.

Sunday, April 25, 2010
I am NOT a Beach Body Coach--********** Review

I sort of feel inclined to put that in the title because when I first heard of ********** and searched for reviews, the only ones I could find were written by Beach Body Coaches. I am not, nor will I be any time soon, a Beach Body Coach.

Disclaimer: My race sponsor provided me with a week's worth of ********** to try and review. Links go to my Beach Body Coach's site. I receive no compensation for this review or for referrals.

I tried both the Greenberry and the Chocolate.

But let me back up a little. Before this I had heard of ********** through Beach Body Coaches that are Twitter friends. They all had so many great things to say about it and what it had done for them; they had me intrigued. It sounded a bit too good to be true. So I went to Beach Body's site and checked it out. I saw the price and immediately said, pffft, no way. Never gave it a second thought. To me it was just glorified whey protein and who would drop that kind of money on that? Not me. I love my whey protein and am perfectly happy with the brand I use. I wondered at what these people were thinking!

When my race sponsor told me I would get to review **********, I thought, aha, now I can see what all this hype is about. I tried a sample the night before race day. I liked the taste of both flavors (although the Chocolate is yumtastic). Phew, that makes a review a whole lot easier!

The front of the package claims:
********** The healthiest meal of the day, Replace one meal a day with ********** to help: Lose weight, feel enrgized, improve digestion & regularity, What's Inside **********? protein & essential amino acides, antioxidants, digestive enzymes, prebiotics, vitamins & minerals, phytonutrients, gluten-free, caffeine-free.
Hmm, now this had my attention.

Then I read the back of the package. Wow. This is not glorified whey protein. In fact I wouldn't even use this like I do my regular whey protein. I see this as more of a multivitamin, nutrition drink.

Nutritional information from the back of my Chocolate ********** packets:
Calories 140
Total Fat 1g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 100 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 17g
Vitamin A 100%
Vitamin C 300%
Vitamin D 50%
Vitamin E 50%
Vitamin K1 50%
Vitamin B1 100%
Vitamin B2 77%
Vitamin B3 25%
Vitamin B6 100%
Folic acid 50%
Vitamin B12 100%
Biotin 30%
Pantothenic acid 50%
Calcium 50%
Iron 22%
Phosphorous 25%
Iodine 35%
Magnesium 20%
Zinc 40%
Copper 40%
Manganese 100%
Chromium 50%
Molybdenum 40%
Whey protein 15 g
Proprietary super-fruit blend: 2075 mg
Acerola powder (fruit, Camu-Camu powder (fruit), Pomegranate powder (fruit), Bilberry powder (fruit), Blueberry powder (fruit), Lycium (Goji) powder (berry), Acai powder (berry), Cordyceps, Maitake powder, Reishi powder, Citrus bioflavonoids, Rose Hips powder (fruit), Schisandra powder (berry), Suma powder (root), Gingko powder (leaf).
===You would think I'm done, nope. I may have carpal tunnel at the end of this===
Maca powder (root) 1000mg
Sacha inchi (Plukenetia volubiis) meal 1000mg
Yacon (Smallanthus sonchifolius) powder 1000mg
Flax (seed) meal 700mg
Chia (seed) meal 500mg
Chiorella 350mg
Spirulina 350mg
Hydrilla 300mg
Apple pectin powder 250mg
Astragalus powder (root) 200 mg
Blue green algae 200mg
Spinach powder 200mg
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) 150mg
Pea fiber 150mg
Quinoa (sprouted) 150mg
Proprietary nondairy probiotic blend: 150 mg
Bifodobacterium longum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacilus casei, Streptococcus thermophilus.
Stevia 135mg
Proprietary enzyme blend: 130mg
Amylase, Papain, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase, Protease, Bromelain.
=====yep, definitely carpal tunnel, nope, still not done!===
Ashwagandha powder (root) 100mg
Barley grass 100mg
Kamut grass 100mg
Oat grass 100mg
Wheat grass 100mg
Amaranth (sprouted) 50mg
Grape seed extrade (seed, 95% proanthocyanins) 50mg
Green tea decaffeinated extract (leaf, 50% polyphenols) 50 mg
Holy Basil powder (leaf) 50 mg

PHEW! The Greenberry is just slightly different, but ain't no way I'm typing all of that too! You get the picture. Normally I would never type out all of what is in something, but this blew me away. There is a lot of amazing things in this. When they say healthiest meal of the day, I see what they mean. I couldn't wait to try it out.

I tried it plain. But I really like my smoothies thick, so I tried adding things to thicken it. I tried the Chocolate with peanut butter. I tried the Greenberry with spinach and strawberries. I even tried the Chocolate with spinach, you know me and spinach in my smoothies, and it was good! I tried it a couple times alone as a meal, and a few times together with an egg white omelet for breakfast. I really like the Chocolate just plain with a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk and ice blended. Yummy.

It's yummy, it has a lot of amazing ingredients that are good for you, but you know what else? I felt fabulous. I had more energy and just overall felt better. I say this a little begrudgingly. I really didn't expect to fall in love with this stuff. I expected to just try it, review it, and move on. I texted my sis (who is also my Beach Body Coach) and told her I had felt fanfriggintastic all week and I thought it might have to do with the **********. She of course knew that.

But I told myself that I HAD really turned a corner mentally and physically lately, and that was probably the explanation. I have felt overall better since losing weight and exercising regularly. That was it.

The true test would come when I ran out.

I ran out 2 days ago...and I miss it. Dangit! She was right. I still feel good, as I usually do, but I really miss how great I felt. I had more energy and just felt more ready to tackle anything that came my way, I felt....well. I know that sounds crazy, it sounds crazy to me too. But I am in love with **********. I will be looking hard at our budget to see if I can fit it in. Considering how cheap I am I would say that is nothing short of amazing I am also extremely curious if it would make my husband (with narcolepsy) feel more alert and overall better too.

From the Beach Body site:

********** can help you:
•Lose weight
•Reduce cravings
•Increase energy and stamina
•Promote healthy digestion and regularity
•Lower cholesterol1

I didn't use it long enough to give a true report on many of these claims, but I can say that I had more energy and felt better overall. It is packed full of amazing good for me ingredients and I give ********** 5 Stars, yep I'm in love with the stuff.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #14  
Male, 27, Boston MA

S/C/G: 236/214/190

Height: 5 foot 10 inches

Hello all,

I just found this site researching Shakeloogy as well.

I am currently on P90X and have lost about 20 lbs in about 6 weeks. I'm also on a diet obviously or that would never have happened.

When you join an MLM you always need to purchase some of their products (which is a big reason I decided to join Beachbody over all those juice MLM, UGH!).

So now I am considering buying ********** because it intrigues me, but everyones right it is expensive regardless of how you rationalize it by saying $4 a meal etc. Also in no diet is 140 calories EVER considered to be a meal, so that comparison alone is kind of stupid and just a corporate thing to say for overcoming objections.

In reality it's $4 a shake, which is expensive, but shakes at the gym cost about $6 or so and they don't have nearly the benefit that this seems to. Plus now that I have cancelled my gym membership by doing P90X I have some extra money (albeit my gym membership wasn't $100 a month lol).

I also HATE taking vitamins so drinking a shake instead seems like it would be a lot better.

Once I order this product I will give you guys an honest review, although yes at that time

So anyways this seems like a decent site and I love talking about fitness and nutrition so I'm sure I'll be sticking around!

Last edited by DeJNow; 04-27-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #15  
Just Me

Personally, I don't like whey protein powders. I really like Hemp protein powder (Vega is my favorite) plus it isn't an MLM product which I really don't trust.
Closed Thread