Old 08-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Stress Eating!! HELP!

I'm having a crap week! I'm emotional and stressed out and my eating has not been on par! I don't feel like I"m overeating but I must be because the pounds are coming back. I've put 3lbs back on in a week. I was 290lb yesterday!

I've been walking and biking but not sleeping well at all! I need a kick, a shove, something! Please set me straight!!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #2  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

SnowBoundChick sorry to hear you are having a crappy week!
I read some where that lack of sleep can cause weight gain. So maybe when you catch up on your sleep you will have a weight loss. Try not to let it get you to down. Weight flucations happen, there is a post about it in one of the forums. I just checked the Weight loss support forum has a sticky called Fluctuations in Scale Weight and Water weight. Hope that helps.

Last edited by VickieLou; 08-24-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Add more typing.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there, fluctuations are normal. So many things can cause them. Try to get your veggies in, it will make you feel better. It's great that you are keeping up your exercise, that really helps with the stress. Maybe throw in a stroll outside when you are feeling stressed, instead of giving into eating to soothe yourself. This is a big weakness of mine so I can relate. I have found that a good workout on the treadmill with my ipod blaring really helps.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

I had that week last week. It sucks. My house was a disaster, I felt like I had no energy, I was stressing cause school's starting for my son next week, I've got a laundry pile that's rivaling Mt. Rushmore in size... But Saturday I decided to step back. I looked at what was stressing me out and bumming me out about being OP.
1- my house...major stressor. I felt like it wasn't organized, cleaned and I'd be rushing around my son's first day of school getting everything together for him.
2- my workout just didn't seem to keep me pumped lately. Yeah, I loved the calories it burned and how I felt like I acccomplised something when I was done, but it was hum-drum getting through it.
3- I am SOOOOO sick of calorie recording. It was taking up too much time. I use sparkpeople.com and was tracking after every meal.
4- why am I bothering to do this?
So here's what I did, I took each of these issues in turn and got pro-active.
I took Sunday as a "free day." Free from needing to follow any plan at all. No exercise, no measuring or recording. I promised myself I'd make healthy food choices but that I didn't have to record or measure. I instead took this day to clean my house. Top to bottom. I've got it pretty well caught up now and today I'm going to start tackling my laundry. Plus, the cleaning I'm sure made up for the workout.
I also reworked my workout. I do the biggest loser cardio dvd but last week I drug my feet the whole time. I tried to remember what kept me pumped up during my self guided gym routines...my music, duh!! So I muted the DVD, put on my music and worked it out!! I was actually suprised the difference it made!
I made a menu for 2 weeks. From now on I will log in daily to sparkpeople.com, input my menu for the whole day in one go and record my exercise all in one swoop. If I get really on top of it, I can even input my menu for the next couple weeks!! Issue 3 solved!
I have my goals/rewards posted on my fridge. It'd been an awesome motivation for the last month and a half but now, not so much. So, I had to sit down and figure out something else. One of my further along goals is to go shopping at V.S's...so I visited the website and picked out a dress and swimsuit and such and copied the pics of the items I'd love to be able to wear. I came up with a new list of NSV's to add to my exsisting ones, things to keep me motivated, like being at my pre-baby weight at my daughter's 2nd birthday next Feb.
I also started doing "quiet" time before bed. Once the kids are in bed the TV is off and I read, journal, knit, whatever I feel like that relaxes me. Its a nice prelude to bedtime. I'm trying to establish a more firm routine becuase I hadn't been sleeping well either.
Sometimes we just need to revamp and reorganize. Take the time to get yourself de-stressed. Focus on what it is that's stressing you out and deal with it the best you can. Than try something new or different to spice up your plan, both for exercise and diet. Take a day, just for you to unwind and breath easy. Sometimes we just need that time.
We're here for you!!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #5  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Maybe it would be helpful to write down everything you eat for a few days.

I hope your week gets better; hang in there!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Oh babe. I know how stressful life can be. Make your plan and STICK TO IT LIKE GLUE. That WILL help with the stress. It will! Take your boys and go on a nature hike... see if you can find some fall leaves. Go for a swim in a river... ANYTHING to get your body moving. Boredom can suck the life out of you so change things up. Get a new salad dressing... some new flatbreads. Try a new hummus etc.

You WILL get through this. You will.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #7  

The only thing I can suggest is...for me, when I am stressed out and eating off plan, I actually talk out loud to myself.I know that sounds ****CRAZY**** but It works for me.When I hear the words, "You are eating because you are upset...you are going to regret this as soon as you finish", it makes me stop and think.No more mindless eating.As least if I eat off plan, I know what I am getting into.I have actually caught my kids looking at each other like they are seriously worried about my mental health.LOL.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismm View Post
my kids looking at each other like they are seriously worried about my mental health.LOL.
I'm going to try this though!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #9  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Girl I had two *horrendous* days last week. My house was a wreck. I total felt lost and out of control, even though I still exercised. I don't know what came over me. When this happens I have a good day, stack another day and by day 3 it's so much easier. Today, even with the stress, I feel so much better because I'm back in control of my food.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Yep. Day three is ALWAYS the clincher for me. After my surgery? Day three easier. After vacation? Day three.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:37 AM   #11  

Thanks ladies! I kept you in mind for the rest of the day. Had a tuna sandwich for lunch and a nice vegetable stir fry with chicken and veggies from the garden. I did pilates first thing this morning since I knew I couldnt' make it to aquafit at lunch (mickey, my middle guy was on his second half day for kindie, he's full time tomorrow) and an hour long walk tonight iwth the boys on their bikes pushing Mica in the stroller and my mom came along. Good rest of the day!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #12  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Have a , I do know how you feel, me doing my bouncing act for 6 weeks now, dodging around in the grey foothills of depression.

Congratulations for having a good day to turn it around. Great tips here too.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #13  

Wouldn't you know it? Back at 287.4lb this morning. Weirdness!