Old 08-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #1  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Default New Fat Chick here & going to MRC tomorrow, any advice?

Hello
I am going to Metabolic Research Center tomorrow to join, does any one have any advice for me? Does it work? How much can expect to spend the first time, then how much there after? Are the shakes good....ect... Any advice would be great! I am soooo excited I found this site too!
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Wish me luck, I have about 50lbs to lose!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Go to the forums and look under diets to find this one. I have read that it does work but they are very precise(to limit u from getting money in return). So, just do the research while u have the oppurtunity. Again though, I hear it does work! Good luck honey!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #3  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

it absolutely works!! But be forewarned, it is a very strict diet with no "wiggle" room, so to speak...I think the shakes are good, but honestly they tast like nothing more than glorified kool-aid!! Expect to spend at least a few hundred dollars, assuming you join and buy the MRC vitamins and minerals.....you wont need any High nutrient, protein supplements at first however.....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #4  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

Thanks! I am soo ready to do this! And thanks for the warning about no-wiggle room. I really love this site! I will keep everyone updated on my decision as I will need the support!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to MRC and to 3fatchicks!
You will be put on preconditioning for a while to get you off caffine and decrease the carbs. Learn how to measure food and start the process. Next you will go to a class about the program, they will talk more about how the program works and the herbs/vit. You have to take a multi vit and flax seed oil but be careful about starting the others right away. They will have a deal on them at the class. If you start with all the pills and lose weight, you won't know which is working for you. The advice I would give you is to start the diet, if the weight loss is not fast enough, start adding in the herbs depending on what your situation is. Also, I heard you can buy the multi and flax elsewhere but at my center I was told I have to buy theirs. Find out what your center does before buying!
Will try to find the newbie thread and bump it for all the new people. Good info there.
Good luck and look forward to hearing about your losses!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Hi Wannabthinagain! I started MRC last Monday and went through preconditioning and now am starting the yellow menu today. By my scale as of this morning I have lost 10 lbs! When I weighed in at the center last Friday I had lost almost 7lbs on the preconditioning part of the plan. So yes this does work! I am pretty amazed by it. It does seem pretty rigid, but it is also worth it for the weight loss you get.. They told me this is the last diet I will ever be on and I believe it!
Cheers!
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #7  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

Default Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Welcome to MRC and to 3fatchicks!
You will be put on preconditioning for a while to get you off caffine and decrease the carbs. Learn how to measure food and start the process. Next you will go to a class about the program, they will talk more about how the program works and the herbs/vit. You have to take a multi vit and flax seed oil but be careful about starting the others right away. They will have a deal on them at the class. If you start with all the pills and lose weight, you won't know which is working for you. The advice I would give you is to start the diet, if the weight loss is not fast enough, start adding in the herbs depending on what your situation is. Also, I heard you can buy the multi and flax elsewhere but at my center I was told I have to buy theirs. Find out what your center does before buying!
Will try to find the newbie thread and bump it for all the new people. Good info there.
Good luck and look forward to hearing about your losses!
Thank you sooo mcuch for the advice, I just joined today! I will do pre-conditioning for the next three days then go to class. They did tell me I could take my own Vits and Flax so that is good too. I did buy the MRC-6 today and will buy the HNS on Friday I guess. Well thanks again, I hope to lose 40#!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #8  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

Default Congrats Great Weight Loss so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Hi Wannabthinagain! I started MRC last Monday and went through preconditioning and now am starting the yellow menu today. By my scale as of this morning I have lost 10 lbs! When I weighed in at the center last Friday I had lost almost 7lbs on the preconditioning part of the plan. So yes this does work! I am pretty amazed by it. It does seem pretty rigid, but it is also worth it for the weight loss you get.. They told me this is the last diet I will ever be on and I believe it!
Cheers!
Ronnie
Ronnie,
Great job on your weight loss so far! I am very encouraged, I just joined today! Pre-conditioning for three days then my class on Friday! Thanks for all your encouraging words!
Natasha
Old 08-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabthinagain View Post
Ronnie,
Great job on your weight loss so far! I am very encouraged, I just joined today! Pre-conditioning for three days then my class on Friday! Thanks for all your encouraging words!
Natasha
I went for my weigh in today and have lost a total of 11 lbs since I started on the 17th of August. I also need to lose 50lbs. At first they said I should lose like 30lbs to get a good BMI, but I told them that was too heavy a weight for me and could we knock it down to 130, they said yes so I am on my way.. You will do well. Listen to the advise of the folks on these boards they are great and will help any way they can.. Let us know how it goes for you!

Cheers!

Ronnie
Old 08-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #10  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Hello
I am going to Metabolic Research Center tomorrow to join, does any one have any advice for me? Does it work? How much can expect to spend the first time, then how much there after? Are the shakes good....ect... Any advice would be great! I am soooo excited I found this site too!
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Wish me luck, I have about 50lbs to lose!
Congratulations.....! It does work, I lost 185lbs on program. Go to the newbie thread ok? There's lots of great advice there.

namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #11  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

Default WoW and Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Congratulations.....! It does work, I lost 185lbs on program. Go to the newbie thread ok? There's lots of great advice there.

Thanks for the support, and great job on your weight loss. You have to be sooooo PROUD of yourself!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #12  

Namaste, What a wonderful accomplishment!!!! Your pictures are an inspiration! I have about 100 pounds to lose and I started a week and a half ago. I have already lost ten pounds! I knew that the diet worked but reading your story is proof. Thanks for sharing!!!

Last edited by court1283; 08-27-2009 at 10:01 PM.
court1283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #13  
WANNABTHINAGAIN

Default Start my menu tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I went for my weigh in today and have lost a total of 11 lbs since I started on the 17th of August. I also need to lose 50lbs. At first they said I should lose like 30lbs to get a good BMI, but I told them that was too heavy a weight for me and could we knock it down to 130, they said yes so I am on my way.. You will do well. Listen to the advise of the folks on these boards they are great and will help any way they can.. Let us know how it goes for you!

Cheers!

Ronnie
Went to my Food Instruction class tonight, ready to go! I will keep ya posted on my progress, I can't wait to get my ticker!! Hope your doing well, have you weighed in lately? Let me know!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #14  

Quote:
Went to my Food Instruction class tonight, ready to go! I will keep ya posted on my progress, I can't wait to get my ticker!! Hope your doing well, have you weighed in lately? Let me know!
You are on your way! It is pretty exciting. I weighed in today and am down 13# from Tuesday when I weighed in. I had lost 11 by Tuesday. They asked me to come into a meeting and tell the ladies how much I had lost to give them encouragement. They seemed pretty impressed. At first I didn't want to go in there, but I thought what the heck, if it will help someone else then I was glad to do it..

Have a good weekend!

Ronnie
Old 08-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Default to Wannabthinagain

Congratulations on your decision to utilize MRC! I've been on the program for 33 days. So far, I've lost 13.5 pounds, which doesn't seem like a lot compared to others posting here, but I can definitely tell a difference! If you haven't done so already, I would encourage you to buy the cookbook and don't hesitate to make modifications (within the program) to the recipies to suit your taste. Best of luck to you!

On a side note, I'm 'minutes' old in this community! Thanks for giving me an opportunity to join, learn, share and support!
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote