Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/166/145

Height: 5'4

Default Good Measure Meals

I have been a lurker on the forums for sometime now, so I decided to finally make a post. Today I started Good Measure Meals. It's a meal delivery service in Atlanta only.

www dot goodmeasuremeals dot com
(Couldn't post a link)

The meals look yummy. It's affordable $99 for 5 days 3 meal a day and if you are in the Atlanta area you can pick it up twice a week and avoid the delivery charge. I may start taking pictures and a blog of the foods I am eating.

This morning I had the following breakfast and it was quite good.

CHEDDAR CHEESE OMELET TOPPED WITH FRESH CHIVES AND MUSHROOM SAUTÉ ON A BED OF LIGHT CHEESE GRITS. HONEY WHEATBERRY BREAD. MARGARINE. JELLY.

About me:

Name: Jackie

December 2007 just recently divorced, quit smoking, and rapidly gaining weight I stepped on the scale at Jenny and weighed 199lbs. I almost died cause I had never weighed that much in my life.

I lost about 10 lbs before I realized Jenny was just way too expensive for me. I also hated having to supplement salads and fruits, etc.

Eventually I just started counting my calories and got down to 168lbs. I stopped counting and "tried" maintaining and now weigh 175. I have been able to stay at about 173-175 range for last year. I decided I wanted to lose more weight and get down to 160. If I can maintain 160 for a few months then I may try and lose more. So for now my goal weight is 160. Hmmm I guess that's about it.
divajackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #2  

Just adding another review for those in Atlanta who are thinking about GMM.

I did GMM for a month and I have to say the food is very good but they dont allow substitutions. So for those with food allergies or who are picky eaters its probably not for you because you cant substitute.

I am allergic to eggs, so I gave my egg meals away to co-workers who loved them. I just substituted protein shakes for the eggs.

I found the variety and meals very good. But I am a picky eater and not real adventurous. I told myself that I would try things I would not normally try and be open to finding new things. And I did find things very enjoyable that I normally wouldnt even try. BUT, there were still things that I didnt care for. Not saying that others wouldnt find that meal fantastic, but rather that I dont like certain things.

So I have almost finished my month, and have decided to try another service that allows substitution. But I would recommend the service to folks if they looked at the menu and found the majority of things are the kind of things they like, as the food is very good, and the price very reasonable for what you get.

I did the 5 day plan also, for 20 a day plus 2.50 a week for pickup surcharge. They have several pickup places and found one on my way home from work so pickup was easy.

Hope that helps for those thinking about it.
shapeshifter150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Measure Meals are good!

I've just started on GMM (1400 cal veggie + 200 cal snacks) & have had 3 days on it. The food is delicious & so far I'm not starving! I pick up my food twice a week at the gym, so not only am I getting good food, I work out because I feel guilty if I go there without doing it! Like the other post, my only issue is the lack of substitution as the breakfasts seem to be on the sweet side & I don't care for bready, sweet foods unless it's in the form of chocolate cake The egg breakfasts are awesome though & the veggie sausage is as good as the real thing -- definitely going to stick with it as it's something you can live with. I'll post as the lbs drop! Good luck to all!
maryetta is offline   Reply With Quote